Galaxy S9, wallpaper keeps reverting.

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
I have the Pokemon Go PvP update loading screen as my background, and set it when the update came out in January 2020. Ever since, whenever I've tried to change my wallpaper to something else, it ultimately, eventually reverts back to the Pokemon Go wallpaper. It seems to revert when my phone suddenly lags when using/opening an app. For example, I tried setting my wallpaper to something else yesterday, and it stayed with the new wallpaper for most of the day. Then, I opened Pokemon Go, and it suddenly started freezing. I hit the home button to close the app and restart it, which also took some time and lagged a bit. When I got to the home screen, sure enough, the wallpaper had reverted again. The wallpaper isn't even on my phone anymore, as far as I can tell. I've long since deleted it from my photos, as well as the trash. I've used file explorers to look deeper, and haven't found it anywhere, and yet it somehow is able to be my phone's homescreen wallpaper.

I've tried clearing the data on every single wallpaper-related app (including system apps) that I can find. Galaxy Themes has long been disabled on my phone. The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset, because doing so is time consuming and I have a lot on my phone that I would have to backup/replace, including lots of app data that I don't want to risk losing, and I don't like the hassle of re-entering my credentials into every app. Is there anything else I can do?

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site

Screenshot_20201005-191023_Android Central.jpg

Have you checked the wallpaper settings in Samsung app?

The only Samsung app I have that has anything to do with wallpapers is Galaxy Themes (which I have disabled). The other Samsung apps I have are Galaxy Store (I rarely use it), Samsung Gear 360 (I don't use it), Samsung Health (I rarely use it), Samsung Notes, Samsung Pass (I don't use it), Samsung Pay (I don't use it), Samsung XR (I don't use it), and Sound Assistant.

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
That's the Android Central app, What about it?

Oh, sorry. You meant the photo apps. I can't remember which I used, but it was either Google Photos or the pre-installed Gallery app.

Edit: Gallery app screenshot isn't showing, this app isn't giving option to attach it again in editing this reply.

Attachments

• 16066.jpg
    16066.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 6

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
So where did you download this Pokemon go picture? Can u delete it and try again?

I downloaded it from reddit, iirc. I've already searched my phone over and over again for the picture, and deleted it a while ago. I can't find it anywhere on the phone, and yet it keeps returning to my home screen wallpaper. Is there anything better than the My Files app that's pre-installed on my phone?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

MattTheMatt

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
I believe I've figured it out. I spent a few hours over a few days looking for the picture, but couldn't find it anywhere. I found another file browser app that shows all the pictures it found on one screen. I didn't find it. My next realization was that it seems to revert whenever I open Pokemon Go, which I didn't understand why, until I realized that I have the Twilight app installed (blue light filter), and that it's set to disable itself when I open Pokemon Go. I then went into settings and cleared the cache and disabled storage permission. A pop-up occurred that said if I revoked storage permission, it wouldn't be able to apply the blue light filter to the wallpaper. That feature was something I was unaware of, and instantly figured that must be what was causing it. So I waited many hours, and sure enough, it hasn't reverted since.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I believe I've figured it out. I spent a few hours over a few days looking for the picture, but couldn't find it anywhere. I found another file browser app that shows all the pictures it found on one screen. I didn't find it. My next realization was that it seems to revert whenever I open Pokemon Go, which I didn't understand why, until I realized that I have the Twilight app installed (blue light filter), and that it's set to disable itself when I open Pokemon Go. I then went into settings and cleared the cache and disabled storage permission. A pop-up occurred that said if I revoked storage permission, it wouldn't be able to apply the blue light filter to the wallpaper. That feature was something I was unaware of, and instantly figured that must be what was causing it. So I waited many hours, and sure enough, it hasn't reverted since.
That's great, thank you for the update!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz