Mysterious podcast downloads

ndgbob

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
OK, this is making me crazy.

I get notifications saying that such-and-such a podcast is downloading.

First off, I do not have any podcasts set to automatically download. And after the mystery download finishes, I cannot find it anywhere. When I check the podcast app, it's not there. In fact, I noticed as it downloaded that it's not even a podcast that I am subscribed to.

So I removed my only present podcast app (Radio Public), but ghost podcasts still get downloaded.

Thing is, they appear to be podcasts I used to subscribe to on Castbox.

Yet I cannot for the life of me find these files anywhere, and Castbox was uninstalled long ago.
It's as if its ghost is still downloading.

Whaaaaat?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you ever used Google Podcasts, either with the app or through the Google search app?

When you see a notification that a podcast is downloading, can you see which app is associated with that notification? Is it Download Manager, or something else?

ndgbob

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Funny, just before I saw this I was combing through the directories on my phone connected to my Mac, and stumbled across a kajillion podcasts hiding in the com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox directory.

Seems that even though I don't have the Google Podcasts app on my phone, since I did have subscriptions on my computer, it must be propogating them across all my devices.

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Funny, just before I saw this I was combing through the directories on my phone connected to my Mac, and stumbled across a kajillion podcasts hiding in the com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox directory.

Seems that even though I don't have the Google Podcasts app on my phone, since I did have subscriptions on my computer, it must be propogating them across all my devices.

Thanks!
Great! Figured had be something like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol