OK, this is making me crazy.

I get notifications saying that such-and-such a podcast is downloading.

First off, I do not have any podcasts set to automatically download. And after the mystery download finishes, I cannot find it anywhere. When I check the podcast app, it's not there. In fact, I noticed as it downloaded that it's not even a podcast that I am subscribed to.

So I removed my only present podcast app (Radio Public), but ghost podcasts still get downloaded.

Thing is, they appear to be podcasts I used to subscribe to on Castbox.

Yet I cannot for the life of me find these files anywhere, and Castbox was uninstalled long ago.
    It's as if its ghost is still downloading.

Whaaaaat?
    10-21-2020 01:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you ever used Google Podcasts, either with the app or through the Google search app?

When you see a notification that a podcast is downloading, can you see which app is associated with that notification? Is it Download Manager, or something else?
    10-21-2020 01:56 PM
    Also make sure your subscription not still subscribed in play store .
    10-21-2020 02:01 PM
    Funny, just before I saw this I was combing through the directories on my phone connected to my Mac, and stumbled across a kajillion podcasts hiding in the com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox directory.

Seems that even though I don't have the Google Podcasts app on my phone, since I did have subscriptions on my computer, it must be propogating them across all my devices.

Thanks!
    10-21-2020 02:14 PM
    Funny, just before I saw this I was combing through the directories on my phone connected to my Mac, and stumbled across a kajillion podcasts hiding in the com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox directory.

Seems that even though I don't have the Google Podcasts app on my phone, since I did have subscriptions on my computer, it must be propogating them across all my devices.

Thanks!
    Great! Figured had be something like that.
    10-21-2020 02:26 PM