So I'll block a number and the next time they call it doesn't ring but they can still leave a message, how dumb is that ? Is there anyway to fix this ? By the the way the phone OS is fully updated and I'm using the stock phone app that came with the phone. Thanks
    01-11-2021 02:06 PM
    I had this problem on tmobile.
    CS advised to block them from the family mgt page. This allows you to block texts and also block other users on your account from texting people they shouldn't be.
    01-11-2021 02:40 PM
    If you are blocking them from your phone, it's functionally no different than you tapping the ignore button on an incoming call. The only difference is now it happens automatically instead of notifying you. If you want to block everything, including the ability to leave a voicemail, this needs to be done at the carrier level. Different carriers have different policies for this, which may include time limits or a surcharge on your bill. I would speak to your carrier for specific options and details.
    01-11-2021 02:53 PM
    So I'll block a number and the next time they call it doesn't ring but they can still leave a message, how dumb is that ? Is there anyway to fix this ? By the the way the phone OS is fully updated and I'm using the stock phone app that came with the phone. Thanks
    A voicemail or text message?
    01-11-2021 08:41 PM
    Its a voicemail in the message app of the phone.
    Ranjen617 likes this.
    01-11-2021 09:51 PM
    Its a audio message in the message app of the phone.
    Yeah same on my Note 20U , they can leave a voicemail , same thing if you exclude the number in DND it will go to voicemail
    Ranjen617 likes this.
    01-11-2021 09:55 PM
    Yeah same on my Note 20U , they can leave a voicemail , same thing if you exclude the number in DND it will go to voicemail

Why in the heck would the phone just block a number from ringing but allow them to still leave a voicemail ? it just doesn't make sense to me. If it's not okay to ring why do they think I still want to get a voicemail from the them.

This is why I'm thinking of switching to a Google pixel phone next time maybe it will have better software ??
    mustang7757 and Ranjen617 like this.
    01-11-2021 10:53 PM
    I had this problem on tmobile.
    CS advised to block them from the family mgt page. This allows you to block texts and also block other users on your account from texting people they shouldn't be.

Never heard of such a thing "family mgt page"
    01-11-2021 10:55 PM
    Why in the heck would the phone just block a number from ringing but allow them to still leave a voicemail ?
    For the same reason calls go to voicemail if your phone is turned off.

This is why I'm thinking of switching to a Google pixel phone next time maybe it will have better software ??
    All phones will behave the same. It's a carrier level block you need.
    01-11-2021 11:08 PM
    Why in the heck would the phone just block a number from ringing but allow them to still leave a voicemail ? it just doesn't make sense to me. If it's not okay to ring why do they think I still want to get a voicemail from the them.

I know that's strange especially for blocking, I'll have to test this in my pixel phones
    01-11-2021 11:12 PM
    For the same reason calls go to voicemail if your phone is turned off.

All phones will behave the same. It's a carrier level block you need.

Yeah I guess, I see your point.
    01-12-2021 01:07 AM
    I know that's strange especially for blocking, I'll have to test this in my pixel phones

Okay
    01-12-2021 01:07 AM
    Never heard of such a thing "family mgt page"
    The account holder has extra control to each phone on the account, process depends on the carrier.
    See attached.
    01-12-2021 01:56 AM
    Okay
    I tested on my pixel and same way, looks like it's the way it is .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2021 09:19 AM
    Ring block is done on the phone, voicemail blocking has to be done by the carrier, since that's where voicemails are left - their voicemail server.

As mustang said, Pixels work the same way - it's how the telephone system works, You can ask your carrier to block a number - they you'll get nothing from them. (And Pixels don't have a "family management" thing - that's Samsung, not Android.)
    01-12-2021 04:51 PM
    Okay thanks everybody.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-13-2021 02:47 PM