Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
New phone so want to pass on my S9 phone to a.n.other

I carried out 3 button restart, and get the recovery menu
I select Wipe data / Factory Reset
Proceed > factory data reset
Bottom of screen it says ‘Data Wipe Complete
I then select > system restart
It looks like normal restart to the point I get “Samsung” on screen and blue LED fading slowly up & down.
It does not finish restart, no matter how long I leave it.

I then used press and hold ‘OFF’ it will not shut down, and then I ger message “Android Starting”
Looks normal, select language .. then get message “unauthorized attempt at reset, need to connect to Internet ….”
I was then prompted to put in my old phone date (google email etc)

So it’s now back up & running …… how can I carry out Factory Wipe and NOT be asked to put my data back in ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Use the reset option in the system settings, not the Recovery Menu. A proper factory reset through the system settings should remove your Google and Samsung accounts.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Recovery not the proper way to factory reset as it leaves FRP reset protection your Google account on the phone , through settings is proper way .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but that support page says "If unable to reset the device using the above steps [i.e., from the system settings], try the Alternate master reset method." Hardware key factory reset is mostly if the phone is malfunctioning so much you can't even get to the system settings.

Everything good now?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad