I am considering purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, and in my research I read about the issue where this model and a few others were randomly sending photos to contacts without users permission or knowledge.

Was there ever any determination made to why this was happening? It's a very interesting problem to just randomly occur, and I'm just curious to learn more about it.

Obviously that issue was corrected with updates, and can no longer happen right?

Thanks everyone, good day to you all!
    06-09-2021 09:30 AM
    I am considering purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, and in my research I read about the issue where this model and a few others were randomly sending photos to contacts without users permission or knowledge.

Was there ever any determination made to why this was happening? It's a very interesting problem to just randomly occur, and I'm just curious to learn more about it.

Obviously that issue was corrected with updates, and can no longer happen right?

Thanks everyone, good day to you all!
    I used the S9 and I vaguely remember something about that.

It was Samsung's Messages app that was pushing photos and scheduled texts to random contacts. It was determined to be from all T-Mobile customers, with the theory that it coincided with an RCS/advanced messaging update that the carrier had just implemented.

I never had that issue because, 1. I'm on AT&T, and 2. I use Textra instead of Samsung's stock text app.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-09-2021 09:57 AM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    06-09-2021 10:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the S9 forum for more specific traffic.
    06-09-2021 11:16 PM