Will any blank generic SIM card work with my existing # and carrier?

geercom1

Aug 9, 2021
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Edge Plus phone. The SIM card is damaged. I want to get a blank/new SIM card (not from my carrier) to replace it. How do I make it work with my existing phone number and carrier subscription?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You must get a SIM from your carrier.

If you are referring to the SD card, then you can use any card. However, I would recommend only buying Samsung or SanDisk brand and only from reputable stores such as Amazon or Best Buy (directly, not 3rd party sellers). Many SD cards sold on eBay are counterfeit.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Edge Plus phone. The SIM card is damaged. I want to get a blank/new SIM card (not from my carrier) to replace it. How do I make it work with my existing phone number and carrier subscription?
Hi, welcome to AC!
If you have a blank sim card from that carrier and call to activate it then yes ,of course its the same size as your damaged one . If you finding some other generic one im pretty sure your carrier wont try activating it but you can call to confirm.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It shouldn't cost much to get a replacement SIM card from your carrier (and might be free). Call them and find out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair