09-22-2021 05:23 PM
29 12
tools
    If they tested with another phone then something going on with OP, no?
    It could be either the phone or radio. For example, if the radio did glitch during the initial pairing, but was a random glitch, then it would allow other phones to pair, and nothing on the phone will repair such a problem.

That does bring up another point, though. To the OP, if you make a change to the radio (I.e. Deleting pairing info or resetting it), make sure any pairing info for it is also deleted from your phone. You may even want to do another network reset before attempting another pairing with the radio after trying things on it. Bugs are weird and can interact with things in ways that you don't expect, such as leaving a trace on the phone that prevents another pairing even if the problem was with the radio and fixed.

I fully accept that I could be wrong, but I rarely see factory resets on a phone fix a problem that isn't also fixed by some other method (or not at all if the problem lies with the other device). So I just like to try any and all other troubleshooting possibilities before going the nuclear route.
    09-21-2021 08:15 PM
    It could be either the phone or radio. For example, if the radio did glitch during the initial pairing, but was a random glitch, then it would allow other phones to pair, and nothing on the phone will repair such a problem.

That does bring up another point, though. To the OP, if you make a change to the radio (I.e. Deleting pairing info or resetting it), make sure any pairing info for it is also deleted from your phone. You may even want to do another network reset before attempting another pairing with the radio after trying things on it. Bugs are weird and can interact with things in ways that you don't expect, such as leaving a trace on the phone that prevents another pairing even if the problem was with the radio and fixed.

I fully accept that I could be wrong, but I rarely see factory resets on a phone fix a problem that isn't also fixed by some other method (or not at all if the problem lies with the other device). So I just like to try any and all other troubleshooting possibilities before going the nuclear route.
    Definitely can try what you suggested.
    Factory reset in my opinion sometimes is needed if something got corrupt where individual settings wont help and can undo anything stuck in a setting. Its Definitely going take some time diagnosing but another step is to see if that device BT connect to another vehicle will exact same issue happen
    09-21-2021 08:26 PM
    Had to bite the bullet and factory reset, connected first time, thanks for all your help. Thanks everybody
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-22-2021 05:11 PM
    Had to bite the bullet and factory reset, connected first time, thanks for all your help. Thanks everybody
    Glad to hear that , your welcome!
    09-22-2021 05:23 PM
29 12