Random Lock Screen, even when in use???

kwhopson

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Why does my Android 10 Galaxy S9 keep going to lock screen randomly, even while I'm actively using it, like when I'm typing in a any like this? In the Settings I've got the Display time out set to 10 min and Lock Automatically is set for 30 min except when Smart Lock (No Body, Trusted Places) keeps it open.

kwhopson

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Found the answer on a Reddit post. Settings | Developers Options | Lock screen when trust is lost. < Disabling seems to have fixed the glitch

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Found the answer on a Reddit post. Settings | Developers Options | Lock screen when trust is lost. < Disabling seems to have fixed the glitch

Maybe the phone is having trouble pinpointing your location at your Trusted Place. Smart Lock has never been very good at that, in my experience, even on Pixel devices.

kwhopson

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that would seem to be the case, but it only started recently, after having worked for about a year with no issue. In the ideal world I'd have time to figure out what caused it, but I guess if it were an ideal world it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34