Samsung S9+ Hidden Storage Problem January-16-2022

prospect600

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
Good Evening,

I own a Samsung S9+ and currently have a storage problem. My phone is constantly running out of storage and can’t seem to get to the bottom of the problem. I researched this forum and tried all the other options that lead to solutions for other members that had this same issue. I’ll provide a list of tasks I completed but did not resolve my problem. I did install a drive scanner and found my apps were accounting for 40 GB of internal storage. This 40GB internal storage is not located under “other.”

Also, the app would not let me drill down into the apps section to see exactly what app(s) is/are taking up storage. It seemed to be “locked.” I’ve tried numerous drive scanner apps as well. When drilling down the folders normally, hidden or not, this same storage is not accounted for. It seems to be some type of hidden partition OR the storage isn’t recognized until some kind of login credential is met.

My next move as a brute force tactic is to remove each installed app until I find the culprit by:
1. Force stopping the app
2. Clear cache
3. Clear Data
4. Uninstall App

But before doing above steps, I wanted to see if anyone else in the community resolved their issue that is similar to mine.

Below are the steps I already taken and did not resolve my issue:
1. Cleared cache in “bios” holding the volume up button + bixby button + power button.
2. Cleared cache of each individual software.
3. Cleared storage located in “Other” section of storage.
4. Uninstalled and Reinstalled FB.
5. Installed different drive scanners and found apps taking up 40GB but cannot gain access to this section.
6. Hidden files viewable via settings change and hidden storage still not found.
7. I do not have spotify installed on my phone as this was prone to causing storage issue.

-prospect600

prospect600

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, that is the app I used to find that my apps were using 40GB of internal storage. But, the app would not let me drill down into this section to see what app exactly or what combinations of apps are causing my storage issue. I went through each app individual and could not find the culprit(s). I did clean the cache of Telegram and Whatsapp. I did move files over as well. But I am still having the internal storage issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, that is the app I used to find that my apps were using 40GB of internal storage. But, the app would not let me drill down into this section to see what app exactly or what combinations of apps are causing my storage issue. I went through each app individual and could not find the culprit(s). I did clean the cache of Telegram and Whatsapp. I did move files over as well. But I am still having the internal storage issue.
Try uninstalling those 2 apps , do a reboot and see how it is

prospect600

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking that but I use those 2 apps actively daily and didn't want to do that. I've been monitoring their storage sizes and do not add up to the cap of 40GB. They do make up a percentage but not the bulk of the 40GB. But we'll see. I'll keep y'all posted.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking that but I use those 2 apps actively daily and didn't want to do that. I've been monitoring their storage sizes and do not add up to the cap of 40GB. They do make up a percentage but not the bulk of the 40GB. But we'll see. I'll keep y'all posted.
Ok let us know , might be possible time for factory reset also

prospect600

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
Yeah, I'm trying to avoid a factory reset. That's just a patch, not a solution. The same goes with a computer. I don't want to reinstall windows to solve a storage problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I'm trying to avoid a factory reset. That's just a patch, not a solution. The same goes with a computer. I don't want to reinstall windows to solve a storage problem.
Understand , but things do collect over time such as software updates , files etc or sometimes corruption that a factory reset maybe needed , phones are little different then computers .

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary