Always show all status icons in status bar?

Isaac 1

Mar 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I recently upgraded from my S5 and I noticed that on my S9 some icons like NFC, Data Saver and Bluetooth ONLY show in the status bar when I pull down the notification center. My S5 always showed all the icons in the status bar at all times. I really dislike this behavior and would like the icons to show all the time (without having to pull down the notification center). I've already tried downloading Good Lock and SystemUI Tuner but both only allow me to turn off or on the icon in the notification center, it does not affect whether the icon is always present on the status bar like I want it to be. My question is: is there ANY way to have the icons always show in the status bar? I have access to ADB and, if necessary, rooting. All the other threads I've found tell me nothing about how to fix this behavior, but I'm pretty sure that it's One UI related because my Android 10 tablet always shows all icons. Thank you in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are those features (like NFC, Bluetooth, etc.) actually active when you notice they're not in the status bar? If they're not active, then it's normal not to show up in the status bar.

Part of this is probably also to save space. If there are too many icons, then you'll start seeing the dot that signifies overflow -- this happens in order to make room for camera cutouts on various phones.

Isaac 1

Mar 11, 2022
Visit site
Are those features (like NFC, Bluetooth, etc.) actually active when you notice they're not in the status bar? If they're not active, then it's normal not to show up in the status bar.

Part of this is probably also to save space. If there are too many icons, then you'll start seeing the dot that signifies overflow -- this happens in order to make room for camera cutouts on various phones.

Yeah, they're all on. That's why I want to see the icons, to tell if they're on easily by just looking up to the status bar like how it was on my older S5. And my phone does not have a notch.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It actually doesn't matter if the phone has a notch/punchhole or not -- unfortunately, the system can't account for the lack of one of those, and will still show the overflow dot.

Isaac 1

Mar 11, 2022
Visit site
It actually doesn't matter if the phone has a notch/punchhole or not -- unfortunately, the system can't account for the lack of one of those, and will still show the overflow dot.

But then again, the icons aren't showing in the first place. And if we could make them show wouldn't there also be a way to hide that dot? But I think that should be worried about later after we find a way to show the icons.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But then again, the icons aren't showing in the first place. And if we could make them show wouldn't there also be a way to hide that dot? But I think that should be worried about later after we find a way to show the icons.

Right, but what I was also saying is that it may have been a design decision by Google or Samsung not to show certain active icons in order to save space. (I'm just speculating, but it would make sense to me.)

Isaac 1

Mar 11, 2022
Visit site
Right, but what I was also saying is that it may have been a design decision by Google or Samsung not to show certain active icons in order to save space. (I'm just speculating, but it would make sense to me.)

Yeah, that's annoying. Isn't there a way to hack them to always show though? I don't understand why samsung forced it to be like this without an option to disable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance