app icons scattered all over the place

RKelly5327

Jun 24, 2022
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy S9, up from the S6, and am not used to so many pages and how to organize them. I did use the Sort option, hoping that would help, but it didn't. I have a page here with one app on it, another one over here with 5 apps on, some pages with no apps on them at all. How can it get rid of the blank pages, (I think there are 10 pages in all- default??) combine app icons onto one page...?? In other words, organize this thing so it's neat and not have app icons here and there and everywhere.
Thanks for your help. I know I'm way behind on models, but this S9 is all I can do for now.
RKelly5327

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
If you long press a empty page on your home screen you will see the home screen minimize so at the top of each page you will have a trash can to get rid of that whole page . Make one page page and drag your apps from your app drawer there , home screen you won't be able to sort automatically but your app drawer you can Screenshot_20220625-103426_One%20UI%20Home.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To a certain extent, it's up to you to arrange the icons and pages the way you want. You can then delete any empty homescreen as mustang7757 showed you above.

You may want to turn off the option that automatically adds homescreen app icons for newly installed apps, because that can sometimes cause more clutter. That option should be in the Home settings -- you can see the option at the lower right in the screenshot mustang7757 shared.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance