If the S9 didn't launch until August, how would that impact the Note line?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just watched this video and it says it's possible the S9 could launch in August, closer to the iPhone launch date.

If that were the case then how is the Note launched? Push it back a couple months, or release all 3 at the same time or do they nix the Note line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RvPOK7Qrs

Nix meaning get rid of the note line? Please lol. Idc when they bring s9 out cause only phone I'll be looking for is note9. I believe they will bring the s9 out when they brung out the s8. Whenever that was lol. But who cares in the note forum except for the ones that does both note and s series.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the video says, but the S9 will probably be announced in February... and unless the phone gods are crazy it will most definitely not launch in August if that's the case. The Note line is fine, and will still exist.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what the video says, but the S9 will probably be announced in February... and unless the phone gods are crazy it will most definitely not launch in August if that's the case. The Note line is fine, and will still exist.

I think it will exist too of course! It does make me wonder if the plus Galaxy and Note would be merged since the S8 Plus and Note 8 are very similar for example minus the spen and 6gb ram. Why have a S9 Plus and then the Note which both have nearly the same size screens?

Again, that's just my thinking. Plus production cost too of having only two flagship models instead of 3. I still own the S8 Plus and besides the spen, and the Note being a bit more snappy, it's not much different than the S8 Plus.

If I were samsung I'd' have the s9, same size as the S8 screen, and then the Note 9 instead of S9 Plus and rename it the Galaxy S9 Note. That would cut down design and production cost.

Unless Samsung likes having the separate Note line that releases at the later time because of people like us who will buy the s8 plus and then turn around and pay full price again for the Note 8 LOL.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I think it will exist too of course! It does make me wonder if the plus Galaxy and Note would be merged since the S8 Plus and Note 8 are very similar for example minus the spen and 6gb ram. Why have a S9 Plus and then the Note which both have nearly the same size screens?

Again, that's just my thinking. Plus production cost too of having only two flagship models instead of 3. I still own the S8 Plus and besides the spen, and the Note being a bit more snappy, it's not much different than the S8 Plus.

If I were samsung I'd' have the s9, same size as the S8 screen, and then the Note 9 instead of S9 Plus and rename it the Galaxy S9 Note. That would cut down design and production cost.

Unless Samsung likes having the separate Note line that releases at the later time because of people like us who will buy the s8 plus and then turn around and pay full price again for the Note 8 LOL.

Lmao I think they should leave it at note9. S9 can be by itself. You can dream all you want but they will not be combine no matter how many times you compare them over and over.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Lmao I think they should leave it at note9. S9 can be by itself. You can dream all you want but they will not be combine no matter how many times you compare them over and over.

After the Note 7 debacle there was some rumors they would combine it and drop the Note name from it.

It sounds like the s9 Plus will also have 6gb ram along with dual camera. Need to up the Note 9 to 8gb ram and 256gb built in storage!

I can only imagine how much a smartphone would cost if I were the one dictating the design!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
After the Note 7 debacle there was some rumors they would combine it and drop the Note name from it.

It sounds like the s9 Plus will also have 6gb ram along with dual camera. Need to up the Note 9 to 8gb ram and 256gb built in storage!

I can only imagine how much a smartphone would cost if I were the one dictating the design!

Lmao note7 is over tho. We on the note8 and note line hasn't been dropped. Won't be next year either. I heard there is going to be a 256gb note8 for around $1800. Heard that from that youtuber greggles. He a trip lol.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah everything I've watched shows them teasing it at CES in January and actually releasing it in March.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I actually agree with this. I'd like to see a convergence of the Galaxy S9 and Note S9. Those not wanting to use the pen simply don't have to. I would think it would make life much easier on Samsung AND the end users. I might be oversimplifying but I'd like to see this happen.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

If, for no other reason, it gives Samsung twice a year to sell a flagship phone. It would be insane to converge the two models unless people just weren't buying one of them.
Samsung needs to differentiate them more, possibly, but not drop one of them. If any of there other rumored phones come to light, I could possibly see this. But, only once they make an impact on the market. They need to get another option out there for the other times of the year to compete.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Samsung needs to differentiate them more, possibly, but not drop one of them.

I think this is a better idea. Make the S9 a 5.2" phone, and have the Note be it's 5.5-5.9" size. Dropping either one would cause me to wonder what happened at Samsung HQ.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah everything I've watched shows them teasing it at CES in January and actually releasing it in March.

Jan and not release until March? I still think it's reveled in Feb. Is it possible in Jan at CES they will release the Tab s4? That is the reason why I'm waiting until CES before buying the Tab S3. Don't want to buy it and then it goes on sale with even deeper discount and the better Tab S4 comes out. It seems that tab series they keep under wraps more.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Lmao note7 is over tho. We on the note8 and note line hasn't been dropped. Won't be next year either. I heard there is going to be a 256gb note8 for around $1800. Heard that from that youtuber greggles. He a trip lol.

I heard that too. Some kind of very limited edition one and it will only be released in South Korea. Will people over there actually pay that kind of money? Maybe Kim Jong Un will somehow buy one lol.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I heard that too. Some kind of very limited edition one and it will only be released in South Korea. Will people over there actually pay that kind of money? Maybe Kim Jong Un will somehow buy one lol.

I love my note8 but I wouldn't go out and spend that kind of money on another note8 that only has an updated built in storage and some new wallpaper/themes or whatever greggles said. I'll be just fine with my 64gb built in storage and 128gb and 256gb sd card lol.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It won't affect me one bit. I absolutely love my Note. I may watch the S9 reveal but I'm not leaving this Note 8. It's amazing

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It won't affect me one bit. I absolutely love my Note. I may watch the S9 reveal but I'm not leaving this Note 8. It's amazing

Other than a slightly new processor, there really won't be any major differences between the S9 Plus and Note 8 IMO worth wasting money for.

Even when the S9 comes out, the Note 8 will still be their most premium device until the Note 9 is released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles