When s9 line comes out will Note 8 still be considered the premier flagship?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
When the S9 comes out which will likely be in March, will the Note 8 still be considered the top of the line flagship and Galaxy phone due to the Spen?

The s9/S9 Plus shouldn't be too much different except it will have a newer processor. Otherwise, it has the same stuff as the Note 8.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
It will have 6gb of ram and the 845, with dual cameras on the plus model. It will be better performance wise but the s-pen will make the phones both premier/premium.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It will have 6gb of ram and the 845, with dual cameras on the plus model. It will be better performance wise but the s-pen will make the phones both premier/premium.

Is the 6b ram official? I've seen some rumors it will still be 4. It better be 6gb with the prices these damn things cost now. The 845 will be faster but for most users you won't even notice much of a difference.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Is the 6b ram official? I've seen some rumors it will still be 4. It better be 6gb with the prices these damn things cost now. The 845 will be faster but for most users you won't even notice much of a difference.
The regular will have 4gb of ram and the plus will have 6gb, there was a geekbench of a Sammy phone with the 845 and 6gb of ram.

I agree, every year companies say 25% faster,brighter,etc. but when in reality the average consumer never notices it

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe and this is my opinion that:

1) S9 will come with better camera specs - dual cameras on both front and back with dual OIS at least for the back cameras

2) 600mHz support for T-Mobile

3) Top to bottom full screen as available in the iPhone X

4) Better hardware specs to boost performance

5) Improved Face Unlock like FaceID with much faster IRIS scanner

I believe these will be the same with the S9 and S9 Plus except for the screen display size. So with these specs, yeah, S9 will be THE flagship of 2018 until the mighty Note 9.

And for Note 9, I believe that will be the first Samsung flagship to:

1) Remove headphone jack
2) FPS within the display

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Here we go again folks comparing S line to Note line. These are 2 different products. Let's please stop comparing the 2 lineups.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Note will always be the flagship. S9 will act as a testing bed for tech that will be pushed to Note 9 and improved by two.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Note will always be the flagship. S9 will act as a testing bed for tech that will be pushed to Note 9 and improved by two.

I think that's a good way to put it.

From the leaks, It doesn't look like the s9 will be a huge uprage or change from the s8 and Note 8. Just incremental improvements and very similar design.

Just like the S6 and S7 are very similar in design. I see the S10 and Note 10 being a lot different though. It seems they want to go with radical design changes every couple years now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Short answer, no. The S9 will be the new hotness for everyone except the most ardent of Note fans. Longer answer, the Note 8 isn't objectively the king of the pile right now, so when newer tech comes out, it definitely won't be then.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Short answer, no. The S9 will be the new hotness for everyone except the most ardent of Note fans. Longer answer, the Note 8 isn't objectively the king of the pile right now, so when newer tech comes out, it definitely won't be then.

Everyone has their own opinion so I am not arguing here. I am just curious what do you think the "king of the pile" is right now?

For me, I'd say it's the Note 8, but the only other "flagship" I have spent significant time with is the iPhone X and I can very confidently say that it does not rank ahead of the Note 8. It's a nice phone, but not worth the price tag and certainly not in the same league as the Note 8. That's just my opinion though after about 3 weeks with it. I have not used the Pixel 2 or LG V30 or One Plus 5T or whatever else is out there right now.

I have no blind loyalty to any brand or OS so I am genuinely curious as to what different people think.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has their own opinion so I am not arguing here. I am just curious what do you think the "king of the pile" is right now?

I don't think there is a king right now. The top of the pile has too many super strong players with enough variation in benefits and compromises that it's all too easy for any person to pick one over another for a variety of reasons that would be totally valid. I agree the Note 8 is going to be up there for a lot of people, but there are probably more people for whom it would not be the best choice than for which it would be the best, so I personally shy away from saying it's the king. I personally love the idea of not having any indisputable king .

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a king right now. The top of the pile has too many super strong players with enough variation in benefits and compromises that it's all too easy for any person to pick one over another for a variety of reasons that would be totally valid. I agree the Note 8 is going to be up there for a lot of people, but there are probably more people for whom it would not be the best choice than for which it would be the best, so I personally shy away from saying it's the king. I personally love the idea of not having any indisputable king .
I think that's all very accurate. Lots of good choices out there. It's definitely not one size fits all.

I could be happy with any of the top phones. I have always liked what the Note line brings though. It's served me well since the Note 2. I do enjoy using other phones as well though.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The S9 will be the new standard when it comes out. People who want the Spen will get a Note 8, but at that point they might as well wait for the Note 9.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It has been that way every year since the Note5.

The S comes out first, eclipsing the previous year's Note, and then months later, the year's Note comes out, eclipsing the S by a bit.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope, cause it's a lower number ;)

I predict though that's the N9 will have a better SOC than the 845. Back to the previous Notes that stepped up the tech.