When s9 line comes out will Note 8 still be considered the premier flagship?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope, cause it's a lower number ;)

I predict though that's the N9 will have a better SOC than the 845. Back to the previous Notes that stepped up the tech.
I guess we'll see. Probably depends on whether Qualcomm releases a better version this year. Last year they didn't.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
They'll both be the flagships.

I'd agree with that, but specs-wise the S9+ specifically will be the flagship. Superior SOC and internal storage while equaling the Note8's RAM.

Never much cared for titles like "flagship" though, personally. Choose the phone you want and is best for you.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd agree with that, but specs-wise the S9+ specifically will be the flagship. Superior SOC and internal storage while equaling the Note8's RAM.

Never much cared for titles like "flagship" though, personally. Choose the phone you want and is best for you.

It's all marketing anyway. Whatever Samsung wants their flagship to be will be there flagship - and it doesn't have to be a single model.

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
the s9 will technically be better. but as someone else said you probably won't notice much of a speed difference between S9+ and Note 8

David Martrano

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Totally agree, the note will always be the premium flagship. The s9 & + will be the support phones for the note. The s-pen is definitely the best feature!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree, the note will always be the premium flagship. The s9 & + will be the support phones for the note. The s-pen is definitely the best feature!

Will it though?

If Samsung says they're both the flagships, then they're both the flagships.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It really doesn't matter IMO. If you make you buying decisions based on only getting the flagship device you'll be let down a lot. Because everything gets eclipsed so quick in this world. No real need to just get a phone because it's perceived as the new flagship or because you think it's for "power users".

Most phones nowadays handle well, some better than others but we've come a long way. The s9 will be a great device. With some upgrades over the Note 8. The months later the Note 9 will eclipse that and around and around we go. No real need to label one or the other as for power users as I see it. So called power users will be able to use both just fine. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad