So if prevailing rumors are to be believed, the S9+ will come with 6GB of RAM and a dual camera set-up. Meanwhile, the regular S9 will have 4GB of RAM and a single camera.

I'm confident the camera difference won't be too significant. It's been proven that you don't need two cameras for a top-notch experience, or even for a bokeh or "portrait" mode.

However, the difference in RAM is nothing to sneeze at. It's a 33% difference, and it will be noticeable in some use cases. Some Android flagships are already coming with 8GB of RAM, so I certainly don't want to pay flagship money for half of that.

I used to prefer bigger phones. I've owned a Lumia 1520, a Note7... I currently own a Note8 and a Nokia 8. I'm 6'1" with proportionate hands, yet when I started using the Nokia 8 I realized I missed phones that size. It's thinner, lighter, and overall feels much better to hold than the Note8 IMO.

That, coupled with the proliferation of bezel-less displays had me thinking I don't really need huge phones anymore. We can fit the display sizes of yesteryear's Notes in yesteryear's Galaxy S form-factor.

My point, I want the regular S9, but I also want 6 GB of RAM. Ideally, I'd like Samsung's best camera set-up as well.

I really don't like that the smaller version will be somewhat stripped-down in the hardware department.

I'll have to wait til the official announcement to make a decision, but it would be a no-brainer for me to go for the regular S9 if it came with the S9+'s RAM and camera configurations.
    01-12-2018 05:56 PM
    I wan the S9+ for the bigger screen and better specs. I don't care about bokeh effects but it would be nice if the S9 produced better pictures than the S8. Pictures from my iPhone X and Pixel XL 2 are much better.
    01-12-2018 11:29 PM
    Odds are I will wait for the Note, but if I were to pick one of these it would be the S9+

I don't care about the RAM honestly, its the cameras and screen size for me. Don't need to have 2 cameras, but when they work independently and offer different lenses why not?
    01-13-2018 12:13 AM