Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+

Ishan Bhatt

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
There are lot of options available regarding cases.. You can also buy from your local store.. However, online buying choice is appropriate.. Because many more varieties are available in online.. Amazon and dbrand are best decision as per my knowledge...

Keeptechcoolandsimple

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I've always had good luck with Tech21 cases.

I am VERY picky about my phone cases with drop protection being most important to me. I used to go for the heavy duty cases like the Otterbox Defender (which I like) but I've found the Tech21 to be superior in drop protection while being a lot less bulky.

usmcsilver

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I am VERY picky about my phone cases with drop protection being most important to me. I used to go for the heavy duty cases like the Otterbox Defender (which I like) but I've found the Tech21 to be superior in drop protection while being a lot less bulky.

Is the Tech21 "grippy" on the sides?

Last edited:

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
I decided to try the tech 21 Evo check in black smoke color i was hoping they had the clear version but no go :/ and the Whitestone dome...guess the uag is going back since I'm more worried about protecting the screen and the drop test for the tech 21 looked promising

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wondering would screen protector from 8+ work for 9+ since I had two in package from last year and used only one but not sure if I can use previous model screen protector on new 9+

What do you guys think?

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Damn autocorrect.

Was supposed to read "grippy".

I got the Supcase for my 9plus and the edges have NO TRACTION on them.

The case on my 7edge plus is textured. It makes it easier to hold.

LOL yes the Evo Check is grippy which is one of the things I love about the case

LJSquishy

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Wondering would screen protector from 8+ work for 9+ since I had two in package from last year and used only one but not sure if I can use previous model screen protector on new 9+

What do you guys think?

Pretty sure the screen dimensions are different.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

What do you guys think?

Not even close. The S9+ is wider and shorter.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just bought this for my S9+. The phone is a decent size and comfy enough to hold on my hand without feeling too large. However this case is a monster! Yes my phone would be safe if I dropped it but the extra width and weight it gives would make me drop it because my hands would get very tired! The phone now weighs 279g with the case on! It's lovely but it's going to have to go back.
phone case 1.jpgphone case 2.jpgphone case 3.jpg

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I thought on announcement they said no screen size difference. Hmmm.

What screen protector guys you are getting or already got for 9+

Many people equate display size to a phone's actual dimensions. It's still 5.8" for the S9 and 6.2" for the S9+ but neither the displays nor the phones are the exact same dimensions as the S8 and S8+.

You could always give a shot. You'll have to cut part of the screen protector to make it shorter at the very least. Not sure if the increased width of the phone will have much of an affect.

Keep in mind also that the curvature of the display is not quite as steep. That too could affect how the screen protector fits.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Since we're talking about screen protectors. Do you think it'd be hard to switch cases if we wanted, when the phone has a screen protector on it?

hugh morris

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
I decided to try the tech 21 Evo check in black smoke color i was hoping they had the clear version but no go :/ and the Whitestone dome...guess the uag is going back since I'm more worried about protecting the screen and the drop test for the tech 21 looked promising

I have the tech 21 evo check that is basically clear enough to see tickets and such through for my g5. Great protection never had one incident. Turns yellow in about 3 months and if you need any type of customer service it will takes weeks for a reply. They do not warrantee the yellow.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Since we're talking about screen protectors. Do you think it'd be hard to switch cases if we wanted, when the phone has a screen protector on it?
I don't think that would be possible but anyway I wouldn't do it anyway.

Once again what are the best screen protector brand, not

Pmath693

Mar 13, 2018
Visit site
Is it better to go for a cheaper case and get a better screen protector like the Whitestone, or to get a cheaper screen protector and a better case?