One thing i'm really hoping they fix on the S9/S9+ is the glass strength

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has heard any news about this at all? I've tried looking but can't find any info.

My S8+ has has so many micro scratches all over it since pretty much 1 month in and i'm really hoping the S9+ doesn't have the same issue. I'm tempted to buy insurance for the S9+ in case it does have the same problems.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Indeed. Mine looks a bit scratched around too and I'm very gentle with my devices.
Seriously considering the active variant S9, for the more rugged construction and the flat screen! I hate the curve thing, my finger always overlaps and makes silly stuff happen...
I do beleive they mention stronger glass rumours somewhere on sammobile...

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Guess it is the luck of the draw. Not posting to minialize what you guys are saying but I go caseless ams I don’t think I’m careful. Only have two small fine nicks.

That said I’d love strong or more resilient glass.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Glass is glass, so scratches or breaks. The issue with the newer Samsung devices is the curved and all glass case. Crack magnet.

Less scratchy Gorilla glass means more hard, which means less elasticity (easier to crack). Pick your poison. Elasticity and glass though is a very fine line. Little wiggle room.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Glass is glass, so scratches or breaks. The issue with the newer Samsung devices is the curved and all glass case. Crack magnet.

Less scratchy Gorilla glass means more hard, which means less elasticity (easier to crack). Pick your poison. Elasticity and glass though is a very fine line. Little wiggle room.

Oh yah totally understand why they did it too for that exact reason.

I've never once dropped a phone or cracked one so i'd take the less scratch prone. Mainly because before the S8+ i've only ever gotten a couple of micro scratches most likely from pocket sand.

My S8+ is scratched up like crazy. But i understand Samsung has got to do what will make the masses happy.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh yah totally understand why they did it too for that exact reason.

I've never once dropped a phone or cracked one so i'd take the less scratch prone. Mainly because before the S8+ i've only ever gotten a couple of micro scratches most likely from pocket sand.

My S8+ is scratched up like crazy. But i understand Samsung has got to do what will make the masses happy.

Same, give me the more scratch-proof glass over the less breakable one any day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01