Not sure if anyone has heard any news about this at all? I've tried looking but can't find any info.

My S8+ has has so many micro scratches all over it since pretty much 1 month in and i'm really hoping the S9+ doesn't have the same issue. I'm tempted to buy insurance for the S9+ in case it does have the same problems.
    01-19-2018 03:18 PM
    Indeed. Mine looks a bit scratched around too and I'm very gentle with my devices.
    Seriously considering the active variant S9, for the more rugged construction and the flat screen! I hate the curve thing, my finger always overlaps and makes silly stuff happen...
    I do beleive they mention stronger glass rumours somewhere on sammobile...
    01-19-2018 04:32 PM
    Guess it is the luck of the draw. Not posting to minialize what you guys are saying but I go caseless ams I don’t think I’m careful. Only have two small fine nicks.

That said I’d love strong or more resilient glass.
    01-20-2018 03:15 AM
    Glass is glass, so scratches or breaks. The issue with the newer Samsung devices is the curved and all glass case. Crack magnet.

Less scratchy Gorilla glass means more hard, which means less elasticity (easier to crack). Pick your poison. Elasticity and glass though is a very fine line. Little wiggle room.
    01-22-2018 02:56 PM
    Glass is glass, so scratches or breaks. The issue with the newer Samsung devices is the curved and all glass case. Crack magnet.

Less scratchy Gorilla glass means more hard, which means less elasticity (easier to crack). Pick your poison. Elasticity and glass though is a very fine line. Little wiggle room.
    Oh yah totally understand why they did it too for that exact reason.

I've never once dropped a phone or cracked one so i'd take the less scratch prone. Mainly because before the S8+ i've only ever gotten a couple of micro scratches most likely from pocket sand.

My S8+ is scratched up like crazy. But i understand Samsung has got to do what will make the masses happy.
    hasasimo likes this.
    01-22-2018 03:43 PM
    Oh yah totally understand why they did it too for that exact reason.

I've never once dropped a phone or cracked one so i'd take the less scratch prone. Mainly because before the S8+ i've only ever gotten a couple of micro scratches most likely from pocket sand.

My S8+ is scratched up like crazy. But i understand Samsung has got to do what will make the masses happy.
    Same, give me the more scratch-proof glass over the less breakable one any day.
    01-22-2018 05:53 PM