S9 Release Date, Pricing and Specs

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Release Date: Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus rumored to launch March 25, 2018

Pricing: No firm details on this yet, but if like the S8, we can expect to see similar (maybe a bit more expensive) pricing.

Rumored Specs (partial):

• 5.8in - 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi - 529ppi)
  • Android 8.0
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) - Samsung Exynos 9810 (UK)
  • 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM - 6GB RAM
  • 64GB/128GB - 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
  • Cat 18 LTE support
  • Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
  • 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) - Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
  • Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
  • USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
  • Stereo speakers
  • Wireless charging support
  • IP68 water and dust resistance
  • Built-in FM radio
  • Updated DeX docking station

What do you make of this? As we get closer to the announcement, please do update this thread with new information. Going to be very fluid until launch!!

Lee Beck

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I wish that I could afford one life is so unfair. I bought 3 Chinese phons of wish.com well what a con 2 would not even charge up one was ok for about a week then it kept on crashing I still have the phones I was wondering if I send them to android central you could have a look see what you think

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
64GB/128GB - 64GB/128GB/256GB storage

The specs above included 128 and 256gb storage options. All I see (at this point) is both the S9 and S9+ available with 64gb internal storage. I'm eager to order an S9+, but was hoping for 128gb internal storage. Will this be available later, or was this just a bad rumor?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why all US Samsung S9+ phones come with such meager 64GB built-in storage?

Don't they think there would be demand for a larger storage option?

Also: does anyone know what exact type of high spec'd MicroSD card is compatible with this phone? There are so many new technologies/new versions of these MicroSD cards that it's essential to have the right type that will take advantage of all the built-in technologies that the card reader in the phone can handle.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any SDXC compliant card should be supported, up to the Sandisk 400 GB card (no legitimate company has a higher capacity on the market yet). Generally, you can't go wrong with Sandisk or Samsung cards - you should still back up anything important on an external drive and/or a cloud service.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why all US Samsung S9+ phones come with such meager 64GB built-in storage?

Don't they think there would be demand for a larger storage option?

Also: does anyone know what exact type of high spec'd MicroSD card is compatible with this phone? There are so many new technologies/new versions of these MicroSD cards that it's essential to have the right type that will take advantage of all the built-in technologies that the card reader in the phone can handle.
Yeah was really hoping the US would get a 128gb version.

osu4life27

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Release Date: Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus rumored to launch March 25, 2018

Pricing: No firm details on this yet, but if like the S8, we can expect to see similar (maybe a bit more expensive) pricing.

Rumored Specs (partial):

• 5.8in - 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi - 529ppi)
  • Android 8.0
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) - Samsung Exynos 9810 (UK)
  • 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM - 6GB RAM
  • 64GB/128GB - 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
  • Cat 18 LTE support
  • Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
  • 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) - Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
  • Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
  • USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
  • Stereo speakers
  • Wireless charging support
  • IP68 water and dust resistance
  • Built-in FM radio
  • Updated DeX docking station

What do you make of this? As we get closer to the announcement, please do update this thread with new information. Going to be very fluid until launch!!