Well yes, but I'm thinking the Active variant this time. I hate the edge screen, and these phones are getting way too delicate these days even for a careful person like me...
    I always favored the Active series especially when the S6 debuted with the glass body which was proven fragile. My only problem is they are made extra thick (unnecessary) and they just don't look great.. you don't have to make it THAT ugly.. I mean the Note 4 design was good.. still felt premium and not fragile.. plus removable back.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    02-10-2018 10:47 AM
    Depends on what it has and if they remove features or not. My guess is I’ll stick with my note.
    They wouldn't dare at this point, remove the headphone jack and watch sales plummet. Same goes with micro SD.. they did it before with the S6.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    02-10-2018 10:48 AM
    I'm definitely upgrading. My phone is in the annual upgrade program so it really won't cost me anything to upgrade. Might as well go for it. Next year, who knows, but this year I might as well.
    Is it really free or is the cost hidden in the monthly plan?
    02-10-2018 10:52 AM
    In my case, on my carrier's monthly plans it seems to me to be really free. Because whether or not I get a device, I'm paying the same amount monthly.
    02-10-2018 10:54 AM
    It's really free. Your plan costs the same amount whether you have the annual upgrade plan or not. They're still making a killing because you have to send your old phone in. Unfortunately, less and less phones are qualifying for it. Wouldn't be surprised if they nixed it for Samsung phones because the Note 8 wasn't eligible for it.
    02-10-2018 10:55 AM
    I know I am... But the plus line. can't wait
    02-10-2018 05:43 PM
    No way, I change flagships every 3 years since they get more expensive every year and I'm not made of money. Besides I'm still very much in love with my S8+...
    Well 2016, 2017 I spent a lot. I bought the S7. Then I bought the Note 7 and we know how that went. Then I got the s7 edge as a replacement. hated the smaller phone so I then bought a v20 but missed AMOLED screen so I switched back to the s7 edge. Then I ordered the s8 Plus as soon as pre ordering started, AND then I got the Note 8 which I use now. Then I will buy the Note 9 this sept when it comes out. Oh and I bought a Tab s3 3 weeks ago!

So on phones, cases and all for them I have spent a ton of money these last 2 years.
    hasasimo likes this.
    02-11-2018 04:22 PM
    I just got my S8+ a few months ago (in September or October, not sure which...) and I've never been this happy with a phone! The battery life, the performance and of course that infinity display!! I was tempted by the Note 8 but it was like $200 more expensive so I just went with the more economical option. Now I'm tempted by the S9+ but I doubt I'm gonna upgrade so soon. There's really not much I can imagine being better about it than my S8+ so why mess around with a good thing...
    02-12-2018 11:49 PM
    Well 2016, 2017 I spent a lot. I bought the S7. Then I bought the Note 7 and we know how that went. Then I got the s7 edge as a replacement. hated the smaller phone so I then bought a v20 but missed AMOLED screen so I switched back to the s7 edge. Then I ordered the s8 Plus as soon as pre ordering started, AND then I got the Note 8 which I use now. Then I will buy the Note 9 this sept when it comes out. Oh and I bought a Tab s3 3 weeks ago!

So on phones, cases and all for them I have spent a ton of money these last 2 years.
    Wow, that's a lot of money! I went from Galaxy S2 to S5 and now S8+, so if all goes as planned my next phone will probably be S11. Also I never buy them new but get one a few weeks old from someone who bought it but doesn't like (or rather understand) it. Here in The Netherlands we don't have the possibility to exchange phones like you do in the US, so if you get a phone and you decide that one is not for you, you're either stuck with it or put it up for sale and lose €200-300.
    02-13-2018 01:37 AM
    It's really free. Your plan costs the same amount whether you have the annual upgrade plan or not. They're still making a killing because you have to send your old phone in. Unfortunately, less and less phones are qualifying for it. Wouldn't be surprised if they nixed it for Samsung phones because the Note 8 wasn't eligible for it.
    Yours is not free because you send your old phone in. In my case I upgrade every 2 years and do not need to send the phone in.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-13-2018 03:23 AM
    Yours is not free because you send your old phone in. In my case I upgrade every 2 years and do not need to send the phone in.
    I still consider it free. They're not going to let you keep a phone you haven't finished paying for. By free I mean I'm not paying extra for the privilege to be able to turn my phone in and upgrade early. If you bought an LG G6 on Verizon you don't get this option and you're still paying for the phone. So yes, it's a free service if you have certain phones.
    02-13-2018 12:26 PM
    I'm definitely upgrading to an S9. I'll probably get the unlocked exynos version this time around. I'll buy direct from Samsung like my S8 since I got a lower price and some extras mailed to me.
    02-14-2018 05:22 PM
    I use the forever program. Currently use the s8+ & it's been a very good phone for myself. I will give the s9+ along look. If I really like it I will consider. My 8+ could easily go another year or two!
    02-20-2018 10:18 AM
    I just want to update my note 5
    02-20-2018 03:35 PM
    Yup. Need that little gain
    02-20-2018 05:06 PM
    Wow, that's a lot of money! I went from Galaxy S2 to S5 and now S8+, so if all goes as planned my next phone will probably be S11. Also I never buy them new but get one a few weeks old from someone who bought it but doesn't like (or rather understand) it. Here in The Netherlands we don't have the possibility to exchange phones like you do in the US, so if you get a phone and you decide that one is not for you, you're either stuck with it or put it up for sale and lose €200-300.
    Well this seems like much less wasteful system.
    chanchan05 likes this.
    Today 12:40 AM
    NO. I'm waiting for the S9 to go on sale so I can get a new S8 super cheap. Yesssssssssssssssssssss
    Today 02:24 AM
    Well this seems like much less wasteful system.
    It covers the entire support period. So your phone may be not as bling-y, but it's still supported software wise.
    Today 02:28 AM
43 12