Are you going to update to the S9 from the S8?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Note8 user here, actually.

And no.

Main reason is this. There's very little in the S9+ that would justify the upgrade, and if history is any indication, the Note9 will be the same.

I am very sure they will be great phones. But we live in an era where new generation phones are about iterative evolution, not revolution. Unless you have JOD or the like, I just can't see why I should upgrade so soon, especially when my Note8 is not even 6 months old and has been performing extremely well to this day, actually, better than I expected.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was an S8+ Owner .. Now a Pixel 2 XL owner. I won't be swapping to the S9. Not because it is bad or anything (or will be I should say) but I have been swapping phones a lot in the past and it gets expensive. Going to stick it out with my Pixel 2 XL for now :p.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes sir. I have an s8+ and I will be upgrading to one of the s9s. haven't decided which one.

I'm always excited for a new device so ill get it for fun.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I have a Note8 and it freezes every few days. Yes, I've tried everything to correct it (as have others in the multi-page thread having the same issue).

I've been enjoying the Nokia 8 so much that it's made me miss phones that light, thin, and in that size range. So, I think I'm going for the regular S9.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Well yes, but I'm thinking the Active variant this time. I hate the edge screen, and these phones are getting way too delicate these days even for a careful person like me...

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Was always a Note guy until Note 7 issue, now I have an S8+. I'll probably hold off and get the Note 9 in Fall when it comes out.

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I've upgraded every year for as long as I can remember, but the S8+ meets all my needs and battery life is still great.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping Vzw offers a sweet deal during Black Friday. Looking forward to the S9+, coming from an S7

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely upgrading. My phone is in the annual upgrade program so it really won't cost me anything to upgrade. Might as well go for it. Next year, who knows, but this year I might as well.

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
No way, I change flagships every 3 years since they get more expensive every year and I'm not made of money. Besides I'm still very much in love with my S8+...

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
S8 owners - are you planning on the update to the S9? If yes, WHY? If no, WHY NOT?

I'm not going to spend close to 1k for a glass slab phone... It just takes one accidental tumble and your money goes down the drain... They need to make phones out of metal again or rubberized plastic...

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone remember that time last year when Samsung accepted trade-ins for credit towards the S8? Nobody remembers that scam? People never got their phone back nor credit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton