Are you going to update to the S9 from the S8?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I've got my Note8, and having switched from an iphone 7, I am keeping my Note 8 until it stops working, breaks or the battery goes bad. If it lasts until that, I'll probably upgrade to the new phone at that time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to spend close to 1k for a glass slab phone... It just takes one accidental tumble and your money goes down the drain... They need to make phones out of metal again or rubberized plastic...
Good luck waiting for that :p.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well yes, but I'm thinking the Active variant this time. I hate the edge screen, and these phones are getting way too delicate these days even for a careful person like me...

I always favored the Active series especially when the S6 debuted with the glass body which was proven fragile. My only problem is they are made extra thick (unnecessary) and they just don't look great.. you don't have to make it THAT ugly.. I mean the Note 4 design was good.. still felt premium and not fragile.. plus removable back.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it really free or is the cost hidden in the monthly plan?
It's really free. Your plan costs the same amount whether you have the annual upgrade plan or not. They're still making a killing because you have to send your old phone in. Unfortunately, less and less phones are qualifying for it. Wouldn't be surprised if they nixed it for Samsung phones because the Note 8 wasn't eligible for it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No way, I change flagships every 3 years since they get more expensive every year and I'm not made of money. Besides I'm still very much in love with my S8+...

Well 2016, 2017 I spent a lot. I bought the S7. Then I bought the Note 7 and we know how that went. Then I got the s7 edge as a replacement. hated the smaller phone so I then bought a v20 but missed AMOLED screen so I switched back to the s7 edge. Then I ordered the s8 Plus as soon as pre ordering started, AND then I got the Note 8 which I use now. Then I will buy the Note 9 this sept when it comes out. Oh and I bought a Tab s3 3 weeks ago!

So on phones, cases and all for them I have spent a ton of money these last 2 years.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S8+ a few months ago (in September or October, not sure which...) and I've never been this happy with a phone! The battery life, the performance and of course that infinity display!! I was tempted by the Note 8 but it was like $200 more expensive so I just went with the more economical option. Now I'm tempted by the S9+ but I doubt I'm gonna upgrade so soon. There's really not much I can imagine being better about it than my S8+ so why mess around with a good thing...

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Well 2016, 2017 I spent a lot. I bought the S7. Then I bought the Note 7 and we know how that went. Then I got the s7 edge as a replacement. hated the smaller phone so I then bought a v20 but missed AMOLED screen so I switched back to the s7 edge. Then I ordered the s8 Plus as soon as pre ordering started, AND then I got the Note 8 which I use now. Then I will buy the Note 9 this sept when it comes out. Oh and I bought a Tab s3 3 weeks ago!

So on phones, cases and all for them I have spent a ton of money these last 2 years.
Wow, that's a lot of money! I went from Galaxy S2 to S5 and now S8+, so if all goes as planned my next phone will probably be S11. Also I never buy them new but get one a few weeks old from someone who bought it but doesn't like (or rather understand) it. Here in The Netherlands we don't have the possibility to exchange phones like you do in the US, so if you get a phone and you decide that one is not for you, you're either stuck with it or put it up for sale and lose €200-300.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's really free. Your plan costs the same amount whether you have the annual upgrade plan or not. They're still making a killing because you have to send your old phone in. Unfortunately, less and less phones are qualifying for it. Wouldn't be surprised if they nixed it for Samsung phones because the Note 8 wasn't eligible for it.
Yours is not free because you send your old phone in. In my case I upgrade every 2 years and do not need to send the phone in.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yours is not free because you send your old phone in. In my case I upgrade every 2 years and do not need to send the phone in.
I still consider it free. They're not going to let you keep a phone you haven't finished paying for. By free I mean I'm not paying extra for the privilege to be able to turn my phone in and upgrade early. If you bought an LG G6 on Verizon you don't get this option and you're still paying for the phone. So yes, it's a free service if you have certain phones.

blends

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm definitely upgrading to an S9. I'll probably get the unlocked exynos version this time around. I'll buy direct from Samsung like my S8 since I got a lower price and some extras mailed to me.

David Martrano

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I use the forever program. Currently use the s8+ & it's been a very good phone for myself. I will give the s9+ along look. If I really like it I will consider. My 8+ could easily go another year or two!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan