Confirmed leaked photos + specs

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Leaked, final design confirmation. Are you going to get it? What phone are you upgrading from? Is it worth the price?

galaxys9plus.jpg

334316.jpg

312541.jpg

samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-leak-8.jpg

47B42BEC00000578-0-image-a-11_1514925141077.jpg

samsung_galaxy_s9_leaks_Techtastic_1513663216373.png

gsmarena_003.jpg

Update (according to online rumors):

Specs:
- 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos 9810 (UK)
- 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB / 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
- Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
- Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
- USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Stereo speakers
- Wireless charging support
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Built-in FM radio (probably US carrier versions only)
- Updated DeX docking station
- Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue, Lilac Purple variants

Release Date:
Samsung has confirmed that the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus will launch at on 25 March MWC in February.

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
By the way, the design looks way better than the S8... The curves seem less and doesn't warp the screen and the fingerprint scanner is centered so it's much more convenient. Still think the UI icons are ugly though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When will it be announced online?That's what I'm waiting to see. I'm skeptical about any leaks, even though over the past couple years I've seen some leaks pretty close to the actual specs.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When will it be announced online?That's what I'm waiting to see. I'm skeptical about any leaks, even though over the past couple years I've seen some leaks pretty close to the actual specs.

The photo is a real photo accidentally leaked by Samsung. If you look at the Galaxy A8 you'll see it has a similar design.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What's the price?

"According to Korean publication ETNews, the Galaxy S9 may cost between 925,000 and 1 million won (between $875 and $925). That’s a significant jump over the Galaxy S8’s starting price of $720."

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...axy-s9-price-speculation-more-expensive-phone

Probably more expensive because of the dual lens and Samsung themselves trying to price their phones closer to Apple. Basically the price of the Note 8 minus the pen feature.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. the spec sheet and photo combo is pretty disappointing. Low memory, no push on RAM, body still glass, edges still curved, looks like we still have a bixby button problem, software still broken (knox and ui still shows heavy modification) ... so it's a slightly refined S8 with a 2018 SoC and hopefully we're going to see some camera improvements.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Also we should say renders, not photos. That's not a photograph of an actual device. Photo of a piece of material with specs, render of device.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Wow.. the spec sheet and photo combo is pretty disappointing. Low memory, no push on RAM, body still glass, edges still curved, looks like we still have a bixby button problem, software still broken (knox and ui still shows heavy modification) ... so it's a slightly refined S8 with a 2018 SoC and hopefully we're going to see some camera improvements.
Rumors say that the S9+ is the one that's getting the bump on RAM and other stuff.

But overall pretty much on par with Samsung:
With the exception of the S5, it was S1 refreshed to S2, S3 brought change then refined in S4, S6 again brought change and refined in S7, S8 brought another design change then should be refined in S9.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Right. Like Apple, I wouldn’t expect a redesign until the X/10. With the S8 being such a hit, I don’t think you want to mess too much with that formula. Besides, other flagships (like the Pixel) do just fine with those specs.

Spec junkies will just go for the plus version.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Definitely more interested in the 9+ then, but still want to see the Note 9 a little more.

I want to upgrade from my Nexus 6P, but I don't know where I should go next. I value wired audio , battery life and screen visibility in sunlight, since the 6P has none. I'm scared to come back to Samsung with the S9+ or the Note 8/9, LG has its own issues, HTC gets virtually no play anymore. The Mate 10 Pro has the huge battery, but do I want another Huawei phone? I hate the FPS scanner placement on the Note 8, and it's still expensive. I don't know what to do.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I want to upgrade from my Nexus 6P, but I don't know where I should go next. I value wired audio , battery life and screen visibility in sunlight, since the 6P has none. I'm scared to come back to Samsung with the S9+ or the Note 8/9, LG has its own issues, HTC gets virtually no play anymore. The Mate 10 Pro has the huge battery, but do I want another Huawei phone? I hate the FPS scanner placement on the Note 8, and it's still expensive. I don't know what to do.

I'd be checking out the Pixel 2 XL and the S9+ with one exception to each. The Pixel 2 XL imo is the better device unless by wired audio you mean that using the USB C adapter is a no - go - in which case I'd assume audio is important enough that the V30 might be the best bet. The S9+ would be the next place leader for me unless software, security, OS updates and/or design are important, in which case it may be better to take a look at Nokia's best devices.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'd be checking out the Pixel 2 XL and the S9+ with one exception to each. The Pixel 2 XL imo is the better device unless by wired audio you mean that using the USB C adapter is a no - go - in which case I'd assume audio is important enough that the V30 might be the best bet. The S9+ would be the next place leader for me unless software, security, OS updates and/or design are important, in which case it may be better to take a look at Nokia's best devices.

This. I'd pay special attention to the last part about Nokia devices. Just remember they're an option now. Really enjoying the Nokia 8, and I expect the Nokia 8 Sirocco (aka Nokia 9) being announced at MWC this month to have some improvements over it.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

The 2 XL is a no for me, after I held it in hand at a local Verizon store. The blue shift on the screen was horrible, and to me, it didn't feel premium, despite the fact that it was obviously fast. The Note 8 by comparison, was gorgeous, but Samsung software scares me.

Sorry, by wired audio I mean with a quality pair of earphones, either through the headphone jack or an adapter. Although I'm used to being first in line for updates, even those have slowed to where I end up waiting til the end of the month, when I'd usually get updates in the second week. I don't know whether I care enough at this point about updates, as long as other needs are met. And honestly, as fast as it is, stock is quite boring.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The 2 XL is a no for me, after I held it in hand at a local Verizon store. The blue shift on the screen was horrible, and to me, it didn't feel premium, despite the fact that it was obviously fast. The Note 8 by comparison, was gorgeous, but Samsung software scares me.

Sorry, by wired audio I mean with a quality pair of earphones, either through the headphone jack or an adapter. Although I'm used to being first in line for updates, even those have slowed to where I end up waiting til the end of the month, when I'd usually get updates in the second week. I don't know whether I care enough at this point about updates, as long as other needs are met. And honestly, as fast as it is, stock is quite boring.

My recommendation would be the S9+ then. Samsung's software is MUCH improved over prior years and 6 GB RAM coupled with the 2018 chips should be able to easily overcome whatever improvement is left to do.