Confirmed leaked photos + specs

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My recommendation would be the S9+ then. Samsung's software is MUCH improved over prior years and 6 GB RAM coupled with the 2018 chips should be able to easily overcome whatever improvement is left to do.

I am intrigued by the S9+, no doubt. The FPS is in a much better position, and I'm hoping the lilac purple color is available in the States. Although, I'll probably go with an unlocked Exynos variant, since it's Samsung's own processer, optimized to work best with the software.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I am intrigued by the S9+, no doubt. The FPS is in a much better position, and I'm hoping the lilac purple color is available in the States. Although, I'll probably go with an unlocked Exynos variant, since it's Samsung's own processer, optimized to work best with the software.

I'd bet a lot of money that lilac is available at launch in the US. And I agree that Samsung's software has improved dramatically. What was the last Samsung you had? My Note8 (and that of many others) has a freezing bug unfortunately, but assuming that won't be a problem again the software experience is light, snappy, and lag-free. I assume the S9 will be at least as good as the Note8 in that regard.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
My last Samsung was an international variant S3 (I-9300), lol. Although, my mom currently has a Note 4, and a Galaxy Tab A, 10.1 in. on Nougat, both of which I set up for her. I will say that the UI on the tablet looks much more streamlined, and it was snappy.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd bet a lot of money that lilac is available at launch in the US. And I agree that Samsung's software has improved dramatically. What was the last Samsung you had? My Note8 (and that of many others) has a freezing bug unfortunately, but assuming that won't be a problem again the software experience is light, snappy, and lag-free. I assume the S9 will be at least as good as the Note8 in that regard.

My last Samsung was an international variant S3 (I-9300), lol. Although, my mom currently has a Note 4, and a Galaxy Tab A, 10.1 in. on Nougat, both of which I set up for her. I will say that the UI on the tablet looks much more streamlined, and it was snappy.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

True, and not only that but check out how the Exynos SOC trounces SD845 in these leaked benchmarks...

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sam...10-benchmarks-destroy-Snapdragon-845_id102444

I’m not saying it necessarily makes that much of a difference or even that these benchmarks are legit, but it is something to consider...

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Right. Like Apple, I wouldn’t expect a redesign until the X/10. With the S8 being such a hit, I don’t think you want to mess too much with that formula. Besides, other flagships (like the Pixel) do just fine with those specs.

Spec junkies will just go for the plus version.

The annoying fingerprint scanner and warped curved screen that caused phantom touches needed to be fixed. Otherwise, a very pretty phone. I wish the glass was more scratch resistant though.. S8 was easy to scratch. I expect the S9 to scratch easily and tempered glass screen protectors to be impossible or not worth the trouble..

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow.. the spec sheet and photo combo is pretty disappointing. Low memory, no push on RAM, body still glass, edges still curved, looks like we still have a bixby button problem, software still broken (knox and ui still shows heavy modification) ... so it's a slightly refined S8 with a 2018 SoC and hopefully we're going to see some camera improvements.

I honestly think Samsung DID indeed create a FLAT glass version of the S8 but it just didn't look modern enough so they trashed the prototype... people care about looks too much so therefore we get an uncomfortable phone focused on appearance. The S8 was indeed an uncomfortable phone to use, especially without a case. I think the Essential phone and LG G6 is proof you can make a pretty good looking phone with a flat screen.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to upgrade from my Nexus 6P, but I don't know where I should go next. I value wired audio , battery life and screen visibility in sunlight, since the 6P has none. I'm scared to come back to Samsung with the S9+ or the Note 8/9, LG has its own issues, HTC gets virtually no play anymore. The Mate 10 Pro has the huge battery, but do I want another Huawei phone? I hate the FPS scanner placement on the Note 8, and it's still expensive. I don't know what to do.

Must I remind you, the Mate 10 Pro does not have a headphone jack, only the regular Mate 10 does, however the regular uses an LCD. Pixel 2 and HTC is do NOT have headphone jacks. LG isn't all that bad, their bootloop problems are fixed, plus an extended 2 year warranty.. I'm really enjoying my V20 and it's been over a year (removable battery, quad DAC, and wide angle are a plus). Their camera isn't superior but it packs a lot of features. The V30s is coming out soon, probably will have an improved camera and 256GB storage. OnePlus 5T is another good option too but kinda boring to me since it doesn't have much features.

I'll never buy a phone without a headphone jack.. unless forced to with no other option.. I don't support companies that think people don't want or need them.. the 3.5mm isn't obsolete because pro laptops NEED it still, would be very stupid to not have it on a laptop, therefore it's not going anywhere soon. Who the heck would buy a laptop with no 3.5mm jack? Or who would buy an iPod without one? LG is doing a great job by improving the audio while retaining the jack. Props to Samsung for keeping the headphone jack on the S9.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The 2 XL is a no for me, after I held it in hand at a local Verizon store. The blue shift on the screen was horrible, and to me, it didn't feel premium, despite the fact that it was obviously fast. The Note 8 by comparison, was gorgeous, but Samsung software scares me.

Sorry, by wired audio I mean with a quality pair of earphones, either through the headphone jack or an adapter. Although I'm used to being first in line for updates, even those have slowed to where I end up waiting til the end of the month, when I'd usually get updates in the second week. I don't know whether I care enough at this point about updates, as long as other needs are met. And honestly, as fast as it is, stock is quite boring.

Wait for LG V30s... LG's OS is very light and they're well known for a non-laggy OS experience and better RAM management. You get a HEADPHONE JACK plus improved audio with an internal quad DAC, once you hear it, it's hard to go back to a regular phone without one. Their bootloop problems have been fixed and not a single confirmed case after the G4/V10 (any cases you heard the person probably damaged their phone from using cheap USB C cables), plus they have 2 year extended warranty. You get wide angle cameras on front and back, more useful and fun than telephoto. Rumor has it, they're improving their camera so it might be as good as today's flagships. Their camera isn't bad, just not on par with Pixel 2 or Apple. Another rumor is it'll have 256GB storage space plus a micro SD slot. Plus, their screen is more flat and not insanely curved like the S8 or Pixel 2, more comfortable to use.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You can tell it's a legit Samsung stock photo.

Most stock "photos" of devices are renders. Those 4 images here are renders:

278870d1518113442t-confirmed-leaked-photos-specs-galaxys9plus.jpg

You can tell because of the fake shadows, over exaggerated gradients, they have inconsistent light sorces and because they're entirely devoid of reflections.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait on reviews, but it's probably not enough to upgrade from my S8. I'll hang onto it till something peeks my interest.
Actual stereo speakers on top and bottom, plus 128gb internal could sway me. Pics don't show stereo speakers, so either a gimmick attempt at stereo, pics are wrong, or the info is wrong.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Actual stereo speakers on top and bottom, plus 128gb internal could sway me. Pics don't show stereo speakers, so either a gimmick attempt at stereo, pics are wrong, or the info is wrong.
Bottom firing speaker and the earpiece will act as the second speaker.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
That's gimmick stereo and epicly lame. That is unless one speaker is bass and mid-range and the speaker is a tweeter. Even then it is not really stereo speakers and a gimmick.
I've read HTC pulled this off in glowing fashion. I don't know from experience, but I've read as much. Either way, I don't care. I'm probably not getting the phone. But it's in the realm of possibility that it could be great. Again, I'm waiting on reviews.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've read HTC pulled this off in glowing fashion. I don't know from experience, but I've read as much. Either way, I don't care. I'm probably not getting the phone. But it's in the realm of possibility that it could be great. Again, I'm waiting on reviews.
HTC did pull it off. If Samsung does, that and keeping the 3.5 (unlike HTC) is win win.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood