Are you switching to the S9/S9+?

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I'll probably wait and see what the Note 9 has to offer in a few months. The S9 and S9+ seem to be only refinements of the S8 and S8+, they upgraded the camera, moved the fingerprint scanner, added stereo speakers, added AR emojis and minor CPU upgrades. My Note 8 would probably be good enough to last me a good 2-3 years; however, I'll probably upgrade later in the year after the Note 9 drops or sometimes next year when the S10 drops. I feel like Samsung went conservative with this release to add a bunch of features next year to their 10th anniversary phone.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Not a close call. Unless someone offers a premium phone w/replaceable battery and stylus I'll stay put with Note 8. And that ain't going to happen.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not due for a phone upgrade til September.

But I'm trying to decide if I want the S9+ which is a little bit bigger than the S9 or if I should get the S9 which is probably about the size of my S7 Edge.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No. I got the Note 8. Hardly any upgrades with the s9 plus. I dont care about slow motion and I'm not obsessed with stupid texting icons and that. The S line is geared towards a different group. Note is for more power users.

I WILL be buying the Note 9. No doubt about that. At least I got a great device to hold me off. It was REALLY painful giving up the Note 7 and then using the crappy S7 Edge and V20. I jumped all over the s8 plus the second pre orders went live.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I would've considered upgrading from my S8+ to S9+ however there's not enough difference for me to change my phone I rather wait for the next S10. Also the memory storage that it comes with 64gb is not enough for me, i would've jumped on board right away had they offer a 128gb variant. Also since I'm able to do portrait mode on my S8+ i'm pretty happy with it :) so now i can wait patiently.

Piggy winks

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I'm done with LG. Had 2 bootlooped g4 (wife and mine) and upgraded to the G5 the g6. My g6 randomly reboots so as much as I'd like the v30, I'm not doing another LG. I'll be getting the regular s9 on jump on demand

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
No I like the S8, next year I will look at an upgrade (maybe). This has more to do with cost than anything else. Now if I was still rocking my S5 absolutely

Erick Nieves

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not going to upgrade. Although the S9 looks amazing, I'm loving my Google Pixel 2 XL and vanilla Android 8.1. One thing that I do dislike about Samsung is the length of time they take with their updates.

Neotravy

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am staying note, I always have been, always will be (minus the time I was forced into S7/S8 because of the Note 7 fiasco).

I know some others are struggling to decide so I made a video yesterday about it.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Said this before.

No, I’m not getting it.

It’s a fine phone, but so is my Note8, and it’s been serving me very well over the past 5 months. There’s no real reason for me to change even though the camera should be better

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Will not buy Samsung while HTC is still alive and kicking, and, frankly, happy to see Sony with some new high spec offerings.
HTC last week laid off over 100 employees. It's a slow sinking ship. They cant turn a profit no matter what they do. I'll be surprised if they aren't acquired by someone else in 2019

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
due for an upgrade, and I'm still gonna wait. this is a minimal upgrade to the s8plus, unless you take lots of pictures. the S8 and S9 are damn near identical in every way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX