Are you switching to the S9/S9+?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not due for a phone upgrade til September.

But I'm trying to decide if I want the S9+ which is a little bit bigger than the S9 or if I should get the S9 which is probably about the size of my S7 Edge.
I had the 7 Edge before the 8+. Loved the size upgrade. 8+ to Note 8 slightly wider and enjoying that

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'll be moving from my V30 to an S9 plus. The V30 is a very nice phone but I like the health monitoring that is available on the S9+, specifically the new blood pressure monitor along with the heart rate and blood oxygen monitors. I had open heart surgery three months ago so that info is important to me.
Wow glad the surgery went well and having those options is great. Do you have the smart watch too? The Gear S3 and th3 S2 for that matter, have a heart rate monitor and health stuff too

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I will be making the jump. never had a Samsung phone before but this one looks very refined. I'm thinking there won't be a lot of bugs to be worked out at this point and I'm ready for a top of the line camera coming from my V20
V20 to S9 you should be very pleased at minimum with the screen and over All speed etc

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow glad the surgery went well and having those options is great. Do you have the smart watch too? The Gear S3 and th3 S2 for that matter, have a heart rate monitor and health stuff too
I do have the Gear S3 and use the heart monitor and keep track of other things because I am going to cardiac rehab three times a week and the Gear can track those activities.

charlietunawvu

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Did some research on both the S9 and the Note 8. Decided to go with the Note 8. After unwrapping of the S9 I feel better about my selection. Note 8 fills my needs fully.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'll be moving from my V30 to an S9 plus. The V30 is a very nice phone but I like the health monitoring that is available on the S9+, specifically the new blood pressure monitor along with the heart rate and blood oxygen monitors. I had open heart surgery three months ago so that info is important to me.
I didn't see the blood pressure thing. Just looked it up. That's awesome and I could really use that. My wife also. Just when I made my decision to stick with the note 8. Curse you and your information. 🤣

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
No. I got the Note 8. Hardly any upgrades with the s9 plus. I dont care about slow motion and I'm not obsessed with stupid texting icons and that. The S line is geared towards a different group. Note is for more power users.

I WILL be buying the Note 9. No doubt about that. At least I got a great device to hold me off. It was REALLY painful giving up the Note 7 and then using the crappy S7 Edge and V20. I jumped all over the s8 plus the second pre orders went live.

I agree 100 percent. When I lost the note 7 and had to go with the S series it sucked I can never have another phone other than the note series

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree 100 percent. When I lost the note 7 and had to go with the S series it sucked I can never have another phone other than the note series

I think that use to be true, Note 3 over the GS4 and Note 4 over the GS5. Now a days the only thing the Note line has going for it is that it brings the stylus and those few extra features.

The Note 5 was a larger GS6, the Note 7 brought the Iris scanner, and the Note 8 brought 6GB of RAM and the dual camera set up. But no new Soc, no new camera sensor, smaller battery. While in the the Note 3 and Note 4 time they would include a new SoC, a new camera sensor, new video recording options, more ram, although Samsung did try to improve their display with every new phone they release.

In all, compare the GS8+ to the upgrade the Note 8 received to the upgrades the GS9+ received. It pretty much points to the fact that Samsung's main focus in upgrade and max usage is on the S line ever since the GS6/Note 5.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a G6, needed a phone a few months ago and it was a quick decision and a good deal. Its been solid but I'm left wanting. I'm just about Jump eligible. I'm not spending $800+ on a V30 at this point, I don't want to wait for the Note 9, and I see little coming out that I'll be interested in as LG is flaking out and IDK what to think about HTC at this point. I kind of feel like if I'm going to upgrade this year the S9 or Pixel 3 is the best bet. The difference is I have to wait another 8 months for a Pixel 3, and I can get an S9 in less than 3 weeks with little change to what I'm paying now.

All that said, the curved screen and bixby button are my only hesitations. Well that and the size, I want the size of the S9, but the ram and battery of the S9+. IDK what to do.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a G6, needed a phone a few months ago and it was a quick decision and a good deal. Its been solid but I'm left wanting. I'm just about Jump eligible. I'm not spending $800+ on a V30 at this point, I don't want to wait for the Note 9, and I see little coming out that I'll be interested in as LG is flaking out and IDK what to think about HTC at this point. I kind of feel like if I'm going to upgrade this year the S9 or Pixel 3 is the best bet. The difference is I have to wait another 8 months for a Pixel 3, and I can get an S9 in less than 3 weeks with little change to what I'm paying now.

All that said, the curved screen and bixby button are my only hesitations. Well that and the size, I want the size of the S9, but the ram and battery of the S9+. IDK what to do.
I think you can get used to the curved screen. I did. I was hesitant as well but LOVE it.

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm done chasing the Holy Grail. Enough already!

Until and unless the "upgrade" is overwhelmingly significant - - my S8+ is just peachy.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

The Bixby button is a non issue for me. I never hit it accidentally. I find Bixby useful myself. And now you can disable the button. So you'll be fine. While I'm waiting for the note 9 myself the s9 will be great for sure.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you can get used to the curved screen. I did. I was hesitant as well but LOVE it.

The Bixby button is a non issue for me. I never hit it accidentally. I find Bixby useful myself. And now you can disable the button. So you'll be fine. While I'm waiting for the note 9 myself the s9 will be great for sure.

You guys aren't helping me not spend money lol.

I don't use Google assistant as I don't really like talking to my phone, partly because I'm rarely in a place I can do it.

Does it seem like the curved edge is exposed though? Guy at work has a Note 8 and his case stops on the side of the phone and the curve is completely exposed. That just makes me nervous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome