Are you switching to the S9/S9+?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You guys aren't helping me not spend money lol.

I don't use Google assistant as I don't really like talking to my phone, partly because I'm rarely in a place I can do it.

Does it seem like the curved edge is exposed though? Guy at work has a Note 8 and his case stops on the side of the phone and the curve is completely exposed. That just makes me nervous.

Do you use screen protectors? It is a pain in the *** to find good ones. That is my only gripe on curved screens.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You guys aren't helping me not spend money lol.

I don't use Google assistant as I don't really like talking to my phone, partly because I'm rarely in a place I can do it.

Does it seem like the curved edge is exposed though? Guy at work has a Note 8 and his case stops on the side of the phone and the curve is completely exposed. That just makes me nervous.
I have very good cases for my Note 8. It's well protected no matter what it's wearing. I'll add a photo here of them and it. Photo taken on my Samsung Tab S3. A few are somewhat slim but all very good quality. It's wearing the UAG Monarch at the moment. A couple of them have pop sockets.
5e1dc78acbdb8edffbc6aeb36fd976ed.jpg

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Upgrading from Huawei Mate 9. Excited to try the galaxy phones. Price is very resonable. Will be getting the S9+ unlock version from Best Buy since I have gift cards to use as well.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you use screen protectors? It is a pain in the *** to find good ones. That is my only gripe on curved screens.

I do and I had issues with that on my regular S7, there was just enough curve that a tempered glass wouldn't work. I ended up going with one of the plastic ones that you wet apply because it wouldn't peel up and I got used to it but the screen is nice and flat on the G6 so I've gotten really used to the tempered glass feel. My guess is I'd have to go back to plastic.

Has anybody tried the new liquid nano coatings? I've got a couple people at work using it and paid like $50 for it and the application. It seems like snake oil to me.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have very good cases for my Note 8. It's well protected no matter what it's wearing. I'll add a photo here of them and it. Photo taken on my Samsung Tab S3. A few are somewhat slim but all very good quality. It's wearing the UAG Monarch at the moment. A couple of them have pop sockets.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180227/5e1dc78acbdb8edffbc6aeb36fd976ed.jpg
No one can be as bad as me about buying cases lol i have about 25 for my s8+ I love to switch it up every so often lol

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
First I'm having Samsung put a new battery on my S7.
If the new battery solves the quick draining problems I'm having and restores some stability to the phone, perfect.

Only if the new battery doesn't refresh the phone will I begrudgingly take advantage of their trade-in campaign and get the S9.

And even IF I get the S9, I'll continue to be on the look out for something else that actually has a normal size to replace the S9 with.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Its unfortunate there isn't an winter Olympic event to cover my need for cases
I pre-ordered the phone at 5 in the morning the day after it was officially announced. I had two cases waiting for it when it arrived. I got the rest afterwards

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How are you liking it? Considering picking one up. Had the Pixel for awhile then got seduced into the iPhone X. But I miss Android.

Actually liking it a lot. As long as you aren't a Samsung must have you will enjoy it. I prefer security updates over Touchwiz. Especially since I use all Google apps so the duplicate Samsung ones and such were pointless to me.

The camera is amazing on it though. Even my Mom asks me to get pics of my nephew due to it lol. The iPhone X isn't bad. I used my buddies for awhile (he let me.. nice guy) and I really enjoyed it to be honest. Except for ONE thing which has always been my gripe with iOS/iPhone ... the notifications. UGH. I hate them on iOS lol.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Actually liking it a lot. As long as you aren't a Samsung must have you will enjoy it. I prefer security updates over Touchwiz. Especially since I use all Google apps so the duplicate Samsung ones and such were pointless to me.

The camera is amazing on it though. Even my Mom asks me to get pics of my nephew due to it lol. The iPhone X isn't bad. I used my buddies for awhile (he let me.. nice guy) and I really enjoyed it to be honest. Except for ONE thing which has always been my gripe with iOS/iPhone ... the notifications. UGH. I hate them on iOS lol.

Notifications are a cluster on iOS. I hate it. The phone is gorgeous though and runs so smoothly. But like you I use 90 percent Google apps and I miss arranging my phone to my convenience. One thing I miss with Samsung is how many customizations they give you within the software