Are you switching to the S9/S9+?

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
First I'm having Samsung put a new battery on my S7.
If the new battery solves the quick draining problems I'm having and restores some stability to the phone, perfect.

Only if the new battery doesn't refresh the phone will I begrudgingly take advantage of their trade-in campaign and get the S9.

And even IF I get the S9, I'll continue to be on the look out for something else that actually has a normal size to replace the S9 with.

Replaced the aging battery on S7. Its working as new for me.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
No, I'm not going to upgrade. Although the S9 looks amazing, I'm loving my Google Pixel 2 XL and vanilla Android 8.1. One thing that I do dislike about Samsung is the length of time they take with their updates.

I am still on an original Pixel XL and I love this phone. I came from an S7 Edge and I completely agree with you about the time for updates on Samsung phones. If Samsung and the carriers could get the updates out in a reasonable time frame I would probably consider another Samsung phone. The other reason for the Pixel was the camera. I am waiting for the Pixel 3 at this point my original Pixel is working just fine. Unless by then Samsung figures out a way to get updates out on time then maybe I will go for one of the Notes.

Xandorra

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Im not sure if i want an S9,but i don't want the 9+ because it's to big for me
I've got a S7E now and the device look brand new after 2 years.
We got a great promotion here in the netherland if trade your S7E in you get 275 euro for it.
When i got too an S4 too an S7E there was a huge improvement
From a S7E to an S9 I'm not so sure

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure if i want an S9,but i don't want the 9+ because it's to big for me
I've got a S7E now and the device look brand new after 2 years.
We got a great promotion here in the netherland if trade your S7E in you get 275 euro for it.
When i got too an S4 too an S7E there was a huge improvement
From a S7E to an S9 I'm not so sure
I was thinking of getting the S9+ for the extra RAM and battery but I'm with you, I just don't want the extra size. Hopefully the 4gb will be enough.

MidnightBlue#WN

Mar 3, 2018
Visit site
I am holding out until Verizon offers S9+ with 128GB internal storage. No idea why they are only taking orders for 64GB versions. The UK launched with both. SD card storage is nice but tedious to move apps to SD, they run more slowly on SD, and system OS updates move apps back to internal memory undoing all the work to move them there. So the only solution for me is 128GB internal memory. Surprised more people aren't complaining about this.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am holding out until Verizon offers S9+ with 128GB internal storage. No idea why they are only taking orders for 64GB versions. The UK launched with both. SD card storage is nice but tedious to move apps to SD, they run more slowly on SD, and system OS updates move apps back to internal memory undoing all the work to move them there. So the only solution for me is 128GB internal memory. Surprised more people aren't complaining about this.
I'm good with 64. I between cloud services and my sd card I have plenty of room to go. Basically internal storage is just for apps. So I'm good. I have no reason to be upset about not having 128gb.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

128GB would be a nice option here in the US, but it's not going to happen. At best we'll get a new color variant down the line. But it's going to stay 64GB.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I played around with the S9+ at Best Buy this morning and the fingerprint sensor (FPS) is in a worse position than last year's S8+. The S8+'s FPS location wasn't ideal, but at least the right index finger rested near that area. On the S9+, I had to shimmy my hand down the device to unlock it. It was actually more annoying than unlocking the S8+. For those of you with Pixel 2 XL devices, the FPS on the S9+ sits lower, which requires hand gymnastics to unlock the S9+.

Hard pass.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
128GB would be a nice option here in the US, but it's not going to happen. At best we'll get a new color variant down the line. But it's going to stay 64GB.

What new color? Usually blue is the new color that's sold at Best Buy weeks after official launch, but the blue color option is available everywhere right now.

I'd personally like to see the green emerald from the S6 edge come back or a red color option.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What new color? Usually blue is the new color that's sold at Best Buy weeks after official launch, but the blue color option is available everywhere right now.

I'd personally like to see the green emerald from the S6 edge come back or a red color option.
I went with coral blue this year so I'm happy

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

It's different with each release based on my memory. Coral blue was available at launch on the Note7, but came around later on the S7 (since it was such a popular color on the defunct Note7) and on the S8.

With the Note8, deep sea blue was available at launch internationally, and arrived later in the US.

Since titanium grey is only available internationally at launch on the S9, I'd suspect it's a candidate for a late release in the US.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It's different with each release based on my memory. Coral blue was available at launch on the Note7, but came around later on the S7 (since it was such a popular color on the defunct Note7) and on the S8.

With the Note8, deep sea blue was available at launch internationally, and arrived later in the US.

Since titanium grey is only available internationally at launch on the S9, I'd suspect it's a candidate for a late release in the US.
Yep this will be the case according to Samsung trend with its device annual launch

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Verizon S9+ from BB, since $450 off counting trade in and $100 off yesterday. Still on the fence, since wanted 128gb internal. Games are getting bigger and not a fan of apps2sd. Used the card for media and emulators ROMs.

Speakers are nice.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Verizon S9+ from BB, since $450 off counting trade in and $100 off yesterday. Still on the fence, since wanted 128gb internal. Games are getting bigger and not a fan of apps2sd. Used the card for media and emulators ROMs.

Speakers are nice.
I have used the S8+ a year now 64gb internal as we all know I went with a 64gb Samsung micro sdxc. I have roughly about 220 apps I use apps2sd and out of all those apps I have managed to send about 7gb of apps installed to the sd card that also includes a hand full of games. And I have managed to keep 40 gigs of free internal space. My point of this is to show it's not hard to manage internal space. When I travel I install content directly to the sd card whether it's YouTube Netflix Amazon video or spotify for music.

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I would've considered upgrading from my S8+ to S9+ however there's not enough difference for me to change my phone I rather wait for the next S10. Also the memory storage that it comes with 64gb is not enough for me, i would've jumped on board right away had they offer a 128gb variant. Also since I'm able to do portrait mode on my S8+ i'm pretty happy with it :) so now i can wait patiently.

How are you able to do portrait mode?