Note8 vs S9+

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Note 8. I like my S-Pen and the functions that come with the Note. The S9+ looks like a great phone and I will look forward to those improvements coming to the Note 9.
Can't live with no spen. Agree with you. All these features and then some coming to Note 9. So why leave now to only come back to Note 9.

No way, that's ridiculous!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I never understood the S vs Note question. Do you need an S Pen? No? Get an S series and save money. Anything the next Note has the next S will have or better anyway, except for S Pen features. If you don't use the S Pen, the Note is a waste of a $200 premium.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I never understood the S vs Note question. Do you need an S Pen? No? Get an S series and save money. Anything the next Note has the next S will have or better anyway, except for S Pen features. If you don't use the S Pen, the Note is a waste of a $200 premium.
I laugh when people keep flapping between S and Note line. And then laugh even harder when someone says they are upgrading from Note 8 to S9+. Totally different lines of phones. Wish people stop comparing both.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I laugh when people keep flapping between S and Note line. And then laugh even harder when someone says they are upgrading from Note 8 to S9+. Totally different lines of phones. Wish people stop comparing both.

They are very similar phones though, other than the pen, for some of us the pen is a nice extra, it is very useful sometimes and make things easier but I can type notes or draw with with my finger, some others NEED the pen and take handwriting notes on a daily basis so the S line or any other phone is out of the question but other than the pen they are very very similar

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Unless you are someone who changes phone often, then I don't see the point to get a S9+ if you already have a Note 8.

Of course that said, if you still want the S9+, get it for these reasons:

1) I am a camera geek and love variable apertures
2) I take a lot of night shots and my Note 8 sucks at that
3) I hate the finger print location in my Note 8
4) I WANT THE NEW ANIMOJIS, excuse me, AR EMOJIS!
5) I hate my S Pen and don't use it
6) I just don't like my Note 8

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Flawless Note 8 that I got on day 1. Camera, never use it. S Pen, love it. Finger print sensor location, perfect (I always get to use my middle finger)

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't care for the S pen and I gravitated more towards the S8+ after it was released. I was always a Note guy because of the size of the device and other features but I never cared for the stylus - I have no need for it. since the S8+ is almost identical in size and features now, I'm going with the 9+. if you already have a Note8 I don't see too much reason to upgrade.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Keeping my Note8 for as long as I can

It still does most of what I want it to do and while the S9 camera looks mighty good, I don't think it will be that better than what my Note8 is able to kick out.
099390b484d0a099018166172cfd1ba6.jpg
3ec851d2bd975b6e6ae2566d20c4b288.jpg
f954ced976f53566ad1fef0dbeaa27cf.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Sticking with the Note 8. j Will did a video today about this and he said if you have the Note 8 there really is no reason to get the s9.

As he said, the Note line is totally different from the S line. Two different types of phones basically. The s9 they're focusing on social media and taking pics use. The Note is for us power users. The Note line is still the most premium Samsung line of devices, over the s line. Now if this was like the Note 7 fiasco and I was stuck with the S7 edge then hell yes I'd upgrade to the S9 plus. I upgraded from the s7 edge, V20 to the s8 Plus because I HATED the small screen of the s7 edge and didn't like the V20. That was a no brainer. But having a Note 8 wouldn't be an upgrade especially since I don't have use for slow motion or social media toy gimmics.

I will be getting the Note 9 in September though! I noticed the unlocked s9 plus is $840 from Samsung. Hopefully that means the unlocked Note 9 will be around the same as last year.

I think I will buy the unlocked Note 9 this time. Since Samsung devices fully work with Tmobile including wifi calling. That way it will make it easier to sell it when I get the Note 10.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't care for the S pen and I gravitated more towards the S8+ after it was released. I was always a Note guy because of the size of the device and other features but I never cared for the stylus - I have no need for it. since the S8+ is almost identical in size and features now, I'm going with the 9+. if you already have a Note8 I don't see too much reason to upgrade.

Don’t tell me how to live my life, Adam!

Tell me how you really feel!

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
For all the complaints I read about the finger print sensor I actually like it. As long as you use it left handed it's in a great spot.

For me, the iris scanner has been remarkably fast. It's about as quick or faster than a pin.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My quote of "vwite's" post is probably going to get disallowed because I pasted the same line too many times so I'll just reiterate his one thought. "Stereo Speakers (FINALLY)!"
Tada.jpg
That's the only thing that they have over my Note 8 that would sway me so I can wait for the Note 9 and see what it has to offer!

EDIT - Spoke too soon... Thank you Almeuit!

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
My quote of "vwite's" post is probably going to get disallowed because I pasted the same line too many times so I'll just reiterate his one thought. "Stereo Speakers (FINALLY)!"
View attachment 279762
That's the only thing that they have over my Note 8 that would sway me so I can wait for the Note 9 and see what it has to offer!
I'm sure the Note 9 will have stereo speakers just like the s9. Plus it will get all the s9 features plus some. And the note should refine all the features the s9 has. That's how it works normally. The s9 gets new features then the note line comes out with all the same plus some.

I'll wait it out. Enjoy everyone enjoying the s9 and wait for my time. It will be exciting for sure.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
My Note8 went from flawless on Day 1 to being one of many that developed a freezing problem while on standby starting in November. I'm definitely trading it in for an S9. The regular S9, not the plus (despite Samsung not treating the two equally).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad