Samsung Galaxy S9 US Pricing (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint)

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thought it might be helpful to share all of the S9/S9+ pricing in one spot, for all of the different US carriers, + purchase outright. What I've found is below... let everyone know what you think in this thread. Too expensive, or just right?

Purchase outright from Samsung
S9: $719.99
S9+: $839.99

Installments from Samsung
S9: $30 per month for 24 months
S9+: $35 per month for 24 months

Verizon outright
S9: $800
S9+ $930

Verizon installments
S9: $33.33 for 24 months
S9+ $38.74 for 24 months

AT&T outright
S9: $790.20
S9+: $915

AT&T installments
S9: $26.34 for 30 months
S9+: $30.50 for 30 months

T-Mobile installments
S9: $30 for 24 months
S9+: $30 for 24 months + $120 down payment

Sprint installments
S9: $33 for 24 months
S9+: $38 for 24 months

Please do update or add other retailers here. I believe the info above was accurate at time of posting, but this obviously can (and will) change!!

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S9 US Pricing (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint)

Though I am with at&t, but I am planning to trade in a s7 for the unlocked s9+ directly from Samsung.com for $499.49 after trade-in and logged in with UNiDAYs. Already reserved!

Can we create a "trade-in" thread to share tips and tricks?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Yikes. Well out of my price range lol, plus I just upped from an S6 edge to an S7 so I couldn't right now even if I could afford it. Congrats to those of you getting one of these beastly devices, you are getting one serious piece of tech that may well be THE iPhone killer.

paxson43

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Trade in values from BB...Page linked above

Save up to $350 with Eligible Trade-In

Eligible Trade-In Cell Phone Trade-In Value
Samsung: Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active
Apple: iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus $350

Samsung: Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 Active
Apple: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
Google: Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
LG: V30, V30+ $300

Samsung: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 Active, Galaxy Note5
Apple: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
Google: Pixel, Pixel XL
LG: G6, V20 $150

paxson43

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Looking at upgrading our four s7's. Have typically just bought through VZW, but I see Best Buy is listing their trade in values and an additional 100 off this Fri only. Interesting lanuage in the best buy fine print:

"Phones with contracts: Must trade in eligible device and activate Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. Upon trade in of a valid device customer will receive a Best Buy gift card. $350 trade-in value eligible with trade in of a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+ and S8 Active; iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the trade-in/gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade in and trade-in value may vary. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value. Excludes phones that are cracked or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Payment is by Best Buy gift card."

Looking at VZW and Best Buy reddits, sounds like the BB gift card is given at trade in time and can be used on down payment toward phone, reducing the amount financed thru VZW on monthly bills. You're on the hook for the 2 years (as opposed to buying from Samsung and being able to pay off sooner) but can pay difference and upgrade after a year.

790 full price -300 trade in for my s7 - 100 Best Buy Fri bonus means, essentially, half price and smaller amount financed over the 2 years. Am I wrong here? Is there something I'm misunderstanding?

In this scenario, the extra Friday 100 bucks is the main difference between BB and VZW. Putting the trade in toward the phone at once is a small side benefit.

Are there disadvantages to purchasing thru BB? Customer service the same if you upgrade or have problems? Harder to go into VZW store if you purchased at BB?

(Lastly, insurance thru VZW seems comparable to BB coverage...basically a 150 deductible...anyone have experience between the two?)

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Looking at VZW and Best Buy reddits, sounds like the BB gift card is given at trade in time and can be used on down payment toward phone, reducing the amount financed thru VZW on monthly bills. You're on the hook for the 2 years (as opposed to buying from Samsung and being able to pay off sooner) but can pay difference and upgrade after a year.

I am trying to understand how this trade-in works. If you get a BB gift card when you trade in, how can that go towards the cost of the phone? Do you have to finance the phone then to use it? Then are you financing through BB or Verizon? I don't want to finance my phone, I would rather pay upfront. If you finance can you pay it off in a month or two? Or does this mean you have to trade-in your phone first and then purchase the new phone and apply the gift card? I am sure confused. Can anyone clear this up for me?

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
At BB

Pre-Order Starts Friday
Friday Only: Save $100
on the Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ with pre-order and qualified activation. Plus, save up to $350 with a qualifying trade-in.

Save "UP $350 for your trade-in" That's not a gift card. That means you can use your trade-in for down payment etc. However, in the fine prints, the specifically talk about S8 and S8 Plus. We'll have to wait and see. :)

Last edited:

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Carriers are screwing us on the S9 & S9+

Samsung (direct, unlocked) - Galaxy S9 ($720); Galaxy S9 Plus ($840)AT&T - Galaxy S9 ($790); Galaxy S9 Plus ($915)Sprint - Galaxy S9 ($792); Galaxy S9 Plus ($912)T-Mobile - Galaxy S9 ($720); Galaxy S9 Plus ($840)Verizon - Galaxy S9 ($800); Galaxy S9 Plus ($930)

I'm so glad I have tmoblie, every other carrier is up charging for these phones. I recommend buying from Samsung directly or best buy if you don't have tmoblie.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
BB is a 100 discount and then a 300.00 trade in (for my S7 edge) in the form of a gift card. You don't get the gift card until after you complete and pay for the upgrade. So you can't use it toward the phone.

Samsung's 300.00 for trade in on the unlocked S9+ is the best deal. But Samsung has a bad history of updates for their unlocked devices! what to do?!?

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Are The Carriers Playing Chicken Prior to the S9 Launch?

I just wondered if all the big players are playing chicken with each other prior to the launch. I think I would actually wait and hold out for the Samsung X but my S6 Edge is on its last leg and I have to upgrade, and since we dropped our landline and have moved out into the country, my phone is indispensable.

That being said, I'm trying to find the best deal on a new S9+ and right now it looks like the Best Buy deal is my best bet. Due to coverage I have to stay on Verizon, and at Best Buy it looks like I can get $250 off at launch ($100 off and $150 trade in), bringing my total to $680 versus $730 directly through Verizon ($930 - $200 trade in). My other option is go directly through Samsung and get a universally unlocked phone for $690, but I've never had an unlocked phone and don't know if I would lose any Verizon functions going that route.

I did an online chat with VZW today asking about any free gifts at launch like a wireless charger or better pricing, and the agent strongly hinted that I should check back tomorrow for the official promo. The way she answered my questions made me think they have something up their sleeves, and it doesn't appear as if TMo or ATT have announced any special bundles/pricing at launch either.

I think these phone execs are all sitting around playing chicken to see what the other does first...and my best guess is that TMo will be the one to break the standoff!

I live an hour and half from the closest Best Buy to take advantage of the one day deal, so I wouldn't mind spending a "tad" more if I get something in return (like a wireless charger). However, if they don't pony up and do better pricing, the $50 difference will definitely send me into Best Buy.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Are The Carriers Playing Chicken Prior to the S9 Launch?

No freebies this time around, it seems. But you can get up to 300 bucks off with a trade-in directly from Samsung. Or you can find someone on T-Mobile, trade in for 350, pay the reminder at the same price as Samsung, and pay 15 bucks to unlock online (or flirt with a rep to have them unlock it for free on their system haha). And it's not 'phone execs' with freebies other than discounts and pricing. This is an expensive phone, and like other articles have stated, the industry is at a point where they don't need to offer a lot to make you get a phone but they will do a lot to get new subscribers, so THAT'S where they would try to be competitive.

Any Samsung-included freebies might pop up a few days prior to launch, but for this phone, it doesn't seem like we're getting anything more than a 'good deal' on trade-ins.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Unlock is the best way to go. Freedom of not having it bound by Carrier bloatware and resale value for unlock phones is higher.

I'm on ATT and had no problems with my unlock phones.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Unlock is the best way to go. Freedom of not having it bound by Carrier bloatware and resale value for unlock phones is higher.

I'm on ATT and had no problems with my unlock phones.
Problem is slower updates. Samsung updates their unlocked devices last.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX