07-01-2018 11:51 AM
58 123
tools
    not sure why Huawei can easily place a 4000 mAh battery in their phones and no one else can.
    This. Just give me a 4k mah phone and I'll be happy. Guess they don't want to do that though.
    02-26-2018 05:17 PM
    I just can't understand why in today's day in age we can't have a battery that lasts 2 Days in a flagship phone pointless.
    At least put a bigger battery in new models. Totally unacceptable will not buy the S9 or the S9 Plus.
    You don't understand, bigger battery does not automatically mean longer battery life. Battery efficiency is more important and the new CPU uses less power. I had a Galaxy S7 Active with 4000mAh and the battery was underwhelming for its size.
    02-27-2018 09:48 AM
    As Android phones become more efficient the battery size won't really matter. Just as iPhones have had smaller batteries than their Android counterparts that hasn't really affected much due to iOS optimization and it's excellent standby time.
    02-27-2018 12:01 PM
    Doesn't matter what the battery size is, it will go to crap after just a year.

Actually, it does. The smaller the battery, the faster it depletes. The faster it depletes, the more often you have to recharge it. Thus, a smaller battery will get X recharges while a larger battery will get Y recharge cycles during the same time period like a year.

A battery's life is has a fixed number of cycles on it. The more often you recharge it, the shorter will be its life.

A 10,000 mAh cell will last longer than a 3,000 mAh. If not abused and overheated.
    02-27-2018 01:24 PM
    You don't understand, bigger battery does not automatically mean longer battery life. Battery efficiency is more important and the new CPU uses less power. I had a Galaxy S7 Active with 4000mAh and the battery was underwhelming for its size.
    It does. The stock battery lasts from 6AM until afternoon when it dips a bit low, so you have to recharge it if you don't want the device to shut down at 5PM.

A bigger 10,000 battery can go 24 hours without a recharge. The smaller number of recharges is easier on the cell and contributes to longevity.

The number of cycles decreases its life.

That is the nature of the Lithium-Ion chemistry.
    02-27-2018 01:26 PM
    Manufacturers keep pushing for thinner (and thus, weaker in my opinion) phones, so don't expect huge batteries. On the flip side, I think if a phone came out with a battery that lasts a week between charges, many of these same people would then complain it doesn't last a full month between charges.
    Samsung's flagship offerings have actually trended thicker in recent years.
    02-27-2018 01:47 PM
    Currently using a Huawei Mate 9 that comes with a 4000 mAh battery (to be honest totatlly forgot it was that size), and at best, I get about 12 hours worth of charge with my use.

S9+ is only 3500mah.. hoping I will get around the same hours. But doesn't seem so..
    02-27-2018 02:56 PM
    Then you don't want a flagship designed phone, style and thinness are part of the equation.

Besides I don't understand this demand for 2 day battery life. 99.9% of us are surrounded by electricity and sources to charge our phones multiple times a day.
    02-27-2018 11:48 PM
    You are not alone my friend, I would love a nice fat phone with a huge battery.... I don't care how fat, gives my gnarled hands something to grip... 😄
    02-28-2018 12:25 AM
    Again, you're not wrong for wanting a phone with a bigger battery. We all want that too.

But we also have to realize that smartphone makers are making these things to sell. To consumers, something that is sleek and catches the eye is going to be more appealing than a chunky device that lasts more than 3 days on a single charge.

We will get there someday, having a big battery in a sleek device once those battery balls are implemented. But until then, don't expect much change.

It's also kinda funny that I'm saying this because the S9 is 8.5mm thick. It has actually gotten thicker and thicker.
    02-28-2018 02:51 AM
    Again, you're not wrong for wanting a phone with a bigger battery. We all want that too.

But we also have to realize that smartphone makers are making these things to sell. To consumers, something that is sleek and catches the eye is going to be more appealing than a chunky device that lasts more than 3 days on a single charge.

We will get there someday, having a big battery in a sleek device once those battery balls are implemented. But until then, don't expect much change.

It's also kinda funny that I'm saying this because the S9 is 8.5mm thick. It has actually gotten thicker and thicker.
    Well, the S7 became thicker than the S6 because they enlarged the battery (from 2600mah to 3000mah). But the the S8 to S9 change was because they used thicker glass than the ones used in the S8.
    02-28-2018 03:03 AM
    Well, the S7 became thicker than the S6 because they enlarged the battery (from 2600mah to 3000mah). But the the S8 to S9 change was because they used thicker glass than the ones used in the S8.
    The camera module may also require more space
    02-28-2018 03:08 AM
    The camera module may also require more space
    Oh yeah. That too. Since they added the DRAM layer and the mechanical stuff for the aperture. But I'd rather not assume since they didn't mention it. They did announce the thicker glass and aluminum used though.
    02-28-2018 03:14 AM
    If it weren't for the chipset, this looks like the OP's dream phone on paper:

http://www.yugatech.com/mobile/energ...ally-unveiled/
    02-28-2018 03:19 AM

Right. I don’t want to carry a bulky phone even though it gives me an ultimate 2 day battery life.

As long the phone has quick/fast charge and options to modify performance modes (like Samsung does or low power mode like others call it), I can manage to get the most out of the phone!
    02-28-2018 09:19 AM
    The new chips are also 30% more power efficient.

It's just like how the S8 has a smaller battery than the Note 2 or 3 but has a longer rated battery life on tests.

Battery life isn't always about having more mah.
    Everything being equal it is always about having more mAh. Lol Even if it's more efficient, putting a bigger battery will undoubtly make it last even longer. Nobody can argue that.
    02-28-2018 02:04 PM
    Everyone has their own phone needs and wants. With that said, most of us would like a phone that will get us through a day (when purchased AND a year or two later) without having to charge it. In fact, battery life is one of, if not the biggest, consumer complaints.

Obviously, MaH isn't everything, but better long term battery life would be nice.
    02-28-2018 05:50 PM
    Everything being equal it is always about having more mAh. Lol Even if it's more efficient, putting a bigger battery will undoubtly make it last even longer. Nobody can argue that.
    Except everything isn't equal. They wanted to make a certain thing a certain size.

The battery life will be an improvement over the S8 theoretically, and that's what they went for.
    02-28-2018 07:25 PM
    I say the Energizer phone prototype with I believe a 16000 mah battery. Maybe that will release. Get that https://fossbytes.com/energizer-max-...0-mah-battery/
    02-28-2018 10:30 PM
    Is there any smart phone which lasts upwards of 2 days on normal use on a single charge? I usually get 5-6 SOT with Note8. if I am using les than average, it lasts 36-40 hours too.
    03-01-2018 10:26 AM
    My Note 8 has the same 3000 mah battery as the S9 and I'm getting 6 hours SOT on average with hard use. Sure I'd like to get better but batteries have come a long way. With Quick Charge this is acceptable. I try to manage my settings to optimize battery life. I do HOPE... my battery lasts for a couple of years as the Sammy President promised.I do miss replaceable batteries!
    03-01-2018 10:37 AM
    I had the s8, and I used it for work. I have to say it is the worst phone ever. Battery was horrible, dying on me at 3 in the afternoon. It also had a screen burn from the clock, and with always on disabled.
    After changing to mate 10 pro, I've never been happier. Battery life for working professional people, and they recommend the Samsung for business people, what a f**king joke. It's for morons who barely use it throughout the day, because if you do use it, the s8 & s9 will die on you before the afternoon ends. Samsung is idiotic, what decision-making do they do? Zero improvement from 8-9? They justify small batteries, I mean seriously, this just shows the world why Korea will never succeed; zero innovation, zero improvement over years. Huawei is so much better, can't believe I didn't figure that out sooner. I wouldn't have had zero battery in the afternoon, I hope Samsung dies with it's stupidity.
    04-14-2018 07:23 PM
    Personally it is rare for me to be away from electricity for even an hour, I don't get why people want bigger and heavier phones just to reduce how often they set it down to charge.
    04-14-2018 08:39 PM
    Is there any smart phone which lasts upwards of 2 days on normal use on a single charge? I usually get 5-6 SOT with Note8. if I am using les than average, it lasts 36-40 hours too.
    Mate 10 Pro and P20 Pro. Both are durability beasts.
    04-14-2018 09:23 PM
    I don't get why people want bigger and heavier phones just to reduce how often they set it down to charge.
    Less wear and tear on the cables and ports in the phones. I also find a hefty weight to make it easier to hold. I hate these wafer thin phones with slippery bodies that feel like I'm going to snap them just trying to keep them from sliding out of my hand.
    04-14-2018 11:47 PM
58 123