Totally Disappointed with battery size. Why?

Floki_vwo

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
I just can't understand why in today's day in age we can't have a battery that lasts 2 Days in a flagship phone pointless.
At least put a bigger battery in new models. Totally unacceptable will not buy the S9 or the S9 Plus.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I just can't understand why in today's day in age we can't have a battery that lasts 2 Days in a flagship phone pointless.
At least put a bigger battery in new models. Totally unacceptable will not buy the S9 or the S9 Plus.

That's why you have the option to wait for the S9 Active, which has a huge battery and is optimized to last longer between charges, whether or not you're personally active.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering when do you charge your phone?

Typical use case for an average consumers is that they charge the phone during the night every day.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Manufacturers keep pushing for thinner (and thus, weaker in my opinion) phones, so don't expect huge batteries. On the flip side, I think if a phone came out with a battery that lasts a week between charges, many of these same people would then complain it doesn't last a full month between charges.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering when do you charge your phone?

Typical use case for an average consumers is that they charge the phone during the night every day.
That's about right. I'm sure they've done their research as all companies do and I'm sure most consumers charge their devices everyday and most of them have outlets available to charge on the go. So most people don't need two or three day battery life. For most people it is a odd occurrence. I for one don't need two day life. I'm almost always near a charger. In fact I know of no one personally who does. I know there are people out there who do but I don't know any is all.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The new chips are also 30% more power efficient.

It's just like how the S8 has a smaller battery than the Note 2 or 3 but has a longer rated battery life on tests.

Battery life isn't always about having more mah.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not overly upset about the battery size. when I had the S8+, if was adequate. plus you can charge it super fast. I think it's fine.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's not always about battery capacity.

My Note8 has a smaller battery than my short-lived Note7 but it usually managed to last longer.

Where my Note7 could only last for 18 hours on my typical use with 4-4.5 hours of SOT, my Note8 could manage 5 or even 6 on the same usage over 22 hours.

The S9 should be the same, but don't expect groundbreaking battery life. It should be able to last the day under moderate use

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with the size? It seems pretty normal for me. They can only pack so much battery in a small space and the market wants think phones... so ... something has to give :p.

Floki_vwo

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
What's wrong with the size? It seems pretty normal for me. They can only pack so much battery in a small space and the market wants think phones... so ... something has to give :p.
Looks like I am alone in wanting larger battery options. I will stick to bringing a brick with me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I am alone in wanting larger battery options. I will stick to bringing a brick with me.

You aren't alone but .. You have to look at all factors and not just one. Most yell things like "I want a huge battery to last for 5 days!" but then you say ok a bigger / thicker phone will be required and they yell "Ew no! Thin!" -- Well .. What gives? Majority want smaller / thinner phones so Samsung goes with the majority. They shove in the biggest/safest battery they can and go with it.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site

You're not alone, I use around 170% on average of my Note 8, but even if they put a 4000 mah battery it won't last a day for me, I would need at least 5500 mah or some extremely more efficient soc and display. That's why I liked removable batteries, I used to never charge my phone (only the spare battery), then switch to 100% in less than a minute but now I have to charge my phone in every chance so it doesn't die, wireless charging helps but still, any charging method make the mobile phone not so mobile, I had to buy a note 5 as a spare phone at home to use while the note 8 charges

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not overly upset about the battery size. when I had the S8+, if was adequate. plus you can charge it super fast. I think it's fine.

Exactly....a little Quick Charge goes a long way. Probably not a great option for people working on construction sites or outdoors most of the time but if you work in an office battery size isn't as critical.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How long will the S9 last?