TMO S9 free gift?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would assume they would since they did in the past but no one will truly know.

So far they are doing a trade in get 50% off (in bill credits) deal (see below).

Attachments

• s9_tmo_50off.png
    s9_tmo_50off.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 128

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I would assume they would since they did in the past but no one will truly know.

So far they are doing a trade in get 50% off (in bill credits) deal (see below).

If you read the fine print in that screenshot, it is $360 worth of credits, which is $10 more than just getting the $350 price reduction if you order directly from Samsung. Good option if you are on Tmo and can't pay for the phone up front, but for me I'm ordering unlocked from Samsung because I don't like having an extra charge on my phone bill. Never have done that and don't plan to start.

Also, I will look forward to not having the obnoxious magenta boot screen with the Tmo jingle every time I restart the phone. It has been very annoying to me with the GS8 that I pre-ordered last year - no unlocked was available at the time.

Just further info for anyone considering their options.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you read the fine print in that screenshot, it is $360 worth of credits, which is $10 more than just getting the $350 price reduction if you order directly from Samsung. Good option if you are on Tmo and can't pay for the phone up front, but for me I'm ordering unlocked from Samsung because I don't like having an extra charge on my phone bill. Never have done that and don't plan to start.

Also, I will look forward to not having the obnoxious magenta boot screen with the Tmo jingle every time I restart the phone. It has been very annoying to me with the GS8 that I pre-ordered last year - no unlocked was available at the time.

I did read it. Just simply pointing out it is bill credits. T-Mobile is known for doing it via prepaid mastercards for their deals. This one is done via bill credits like "the other guys" ;).

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I did read it. Just simply pointing out it is bill credits. T-Mobile is known for doing it via prepaid mastercards for their deals. This one is done via bill credits like "the other guys" ;).

Understood, but my reply was really meant for other people perusing this thread and who could be taken by the big "50% off" in the screen shot without really understanding it wasn't that big of a pre-order savings compared to what you can get by ordering unlocked thru Samsung. And to also point out eliminating the extra Tmo bling they can avoid.

And another thing I forgot to mention is that people can do the 24-month payment thing directly from Samsung, so there really is no strong reason to order it thru Tmo that I can think of.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering what goodies T-Mobile's Jump on Demand customers are being offered, if any, as well.

I don't think any goodies at all. You usually don't extra goodies for JOD .. You just get to maybe avoid a down payment.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've received a 256 gb microSD, a Gear VR, and Gear Fit2 as free gifts all on JOD for Samsung pre-orders.

That wasn't a special thing for JOD though .. Other carriers also got it. Also people who bought it not JOD (such as actual phone buy / EIP on T-Mobile) got those pre-order gifts.

Gifts were a thing at all carriers.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

How is paying a little extra on your month bill worst than coming out of pocket over $800 upfront, doesn't it equal out in the end anyway?

Also I would love to purchase the unlocked models but the T-Mobile boot screen isn't that big of deal to me compared to missing these features plus I can network unlock my phone for $25 online (do it every year) -

1. No RCS/Advanced Messaging

2. No 4x4 MIMO

3. No 256 QAM Technology

4. No 600Mhz Band 71 LTE Frequency

***Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ are the first phones on T-Mobile to use the Band 71 frequency.

Since the unlocked models are made to be used on multiple carriers then they won't have 600Mhz Band 71 LTE since that's only unique to T-Mobile.

That's why unlocked models of any phone you buy tend to only have primary bands that all carriers in that country/region use and not carrier specific bands besides CDMA bands for the few carriers that use them.

You will definitely lose network features with the unlocked models unfortunately, losing those features aren't worth using an unlocked phone to me but that's a personal opinion.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the S9 plus. I asked the tMobile personal reguarding the promotion... I was told that you will receive a head set by Protronic , tech 21 case and a charger. I ordered the promotion, but there is a charge.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the S9 plus. I asked the tMobile personal reguarding the promotion... I was told that you will receive a head set by Protronic , tech 21 case and a charger. I ordered the promotion, but there is a charge.

This seems to be one of TMo's bundled accessory package deals versus a free promo. I think they offer bundle accessory deals with all phone sales.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

Got a link to this promotion? Tia

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol