wk123

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
i wish they made a flat display s9
i skipped the s8 just because it had a curved display
but seeing samsung ditched the flat display again for the s9 i bit the bullet and got it
the phone is awesome but i think i will be extra careful with it just because the screen edges are exposed

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Look, I want the Note 9 with the form factor of a Note 5.

But if we're going big I want 9 inches with a cover so I can wear Bluetooth and use phone as a calendar/note taker.

waveuk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Plus version is clearly bigger and heavier so you will notice it e.g. in your trouser pocket. However this does not mean it is uncomfortable.

Actually I feel it better in my hand than my S8, and I don't have big hands.

Because the S8 was quite narrow my hand had to be too closed with one of the phone corners pressing may palm.

Now I can hold it just around it and even my thumb can move more freely. I can still type one hand, also 2 hands while the S8 is too narrow for this.

Becase the S8/S8+ were the same but size and price I got the S8. Now between the S9/S9+ I think it makes a lot of sense to go with the S9+.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Plus version is clearly bigger and heavier so you will notice it e.g. in your trouser pocket. However this does not mean it is uncomfortable.

Actually I feel it better in my hand than my S8, and I don't have big hands.

Because the S8 was quite narrow my hand had to be too closed with one of the phone corners pressing may palm.

Now I can hold it just around it and even my thumb can move more freely. I can still type one hand, also 2 hands while the S8 is too narrow for this.

Becase the S8/S8+ were the same but size and price I got the S8. Now between the S9/S9+ I think it makes a lot of sense to go with the S9+.

The S9 is also bigger than the S8, making it the ideal size in hand IMO. S8 was indeed too narrow.

SoCalSher

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I went from an s7edge to the s9+ and was concerned about the size and weight. I am a
female and I love the size of the s9+. Not too big and not too small.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It’s weird really, I had the S8+ and it always felt hefty to me, not front pocket friendly imo and like say a plus sized iPhone sometimes a burden to carry. I did get the S9+ but returned it but in the day or 2 I had it it did feel bigger in the hand, I know it is slightly shorter but I think the thickness and weight make it feel larger. The thing is though that I also have a 2XL which is pretty much the same size but for some reason I do not view it in the same way, maybe because it is lighter? I did also briefly own a V30 and that is IMO in the goldilocks zone size wise.

Between the 9 and 9+ though I honestly think the 9 is the better size, if I am going to do any serious TV or movie watching I’d reach for tablet anyway. Of course this does not mean I won’t end up with a 9+ again at some point!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have smallish hands but I love the size and weight of the S9+ and prefer phablets as daily drivers. The wider screens are easier to type on and video is preferable, to me, on a larger device.
For working out I prefer a smaller device.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
To me, S9+ is too big because it was not comfortable to use over long periods of time. Especially after getting used to the iPhone X size it was hard to get used to S9+. I ordered the S9 since I felt it was the perfect size after checking it out in best buy. I'm returning my S9+ for the smaller S9 even though I know I'll struggle with battery life.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Front pocket with Samsung silicon case here. Tight jeans don't work, but good for most other pocket featured apparel.

Shallow pockets though would be a recipe for pocket plummeting disaster.