I see that samsung is selling it and also sprint and best buy. I've ordered from sprint before and they usually send the phone 2 days early.

Anyone have experience with best buy or samsung? Let me know. I went this phone early haha.
    02-27-2018 01:12 PM
    It is a gamble. Some places are early.. sometimes they aren't. It really is luck of the draw.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-27-2018 01:33 PM
    At least with the Note 8, pretty much everyone got around the release date, may be max a day early from someone.
    Earlier TMobile used to ship early but past couple of release Samsung has put a tight lid and controlling the release so that devices get delivered on launch day or a day early if you get lucky from some retailer.

I would say avoid best buy but this being a big release even they should have sufficient inventory to have launch day delivery or in store pick up. So just choose whoever you are familiar and comfortable with and you should get on launch day.
    02-27-2018 01:50 PM
    Can I do this?

Can I preorder a S9 from Best Buy on March 2 (saving $100) and have it delivered to the store for pickup? I can do this either online or go into the store.

Then when the S9 comes in, go to the store to pick it up and trade in my old S6 for a $150 BB gift card.

Then use the gift card towards the cost of the new S9 thereby reducing the total cost.

I plan to pay upfront the whole cost of the new phone, no payment plan.

Will it work this way? Or am I overlooking something?
    02-27-2018 05:54 PM
    Trade in is "in store only", so won't work with pre-ordering online. It is unclear if you can go into BB on Friday and set up a pre-order with the discount and trade-in.
    Typically that gift card cannot be used on the purchase of the item that it is granted for, it's intended for your next purchase.
    The $100 discount is only for those that sign up with a payment plan, so paying it outright won't work. It also doesn't work for unlocked versions.

Honestly best bet would be to call best buy and ask their associates for more details, however the terms and conditions can be found here as well:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=Vj0SyOED
    02-27-2018 06:42 PM
    Can I do this?

Can I preorder a S9 from Best Buy on March 2 (saving $100) and have it delivered to the store for pickup? I can do this either online or go into the store.

Then when the S9 comes in, go to the store to pick it up and trade in my old S6 for a $150 BB gift card.

Then use the gift card towards the cost of the new S9 thereby reducing the total cost.

I plan to pay upfront the whole cost of the new phone, no payment plan.

Will it work this way? Or am I overlooking something?
    Which carrier are you going to buy it for?

Currently, only Sprint and Unlocked are live with prices. And only Sprint shows a $100 discount. That's automatic. BUT that's on the installment plan. If you buy it full-retail, there is no $100 savings.

For the trade-in, you'll need to do this on an in-store transaction, not an online pick-up/pre-order. And you wouldn't get the gift card until you've purchased the S9. So no, you won't be using that gift card to pay for the S9.
    02-27-2018 06:50 PM
    My feeling is you can pre-order online and then when picking it up IN STORE you can trade in for the additional trade-in value. The wording on their site says "Friday Only: Save $100 on the Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ with pre-order and qualified activation. Plus, save up to $350 with qualifying trade-in."

I'm taking the word PLUS to mean you can take advantage of both offers. This is what I did when going from the S7 edge to the S8+ (pre-ordered online, traded in for S7E value when picking up), though that's no guarantee this will be the same. But the wording of the promotion ("plus") sounds pretty clear to me.
    02-27-2018 08:04 PM
    T-Mobile will be a safe bet, YMMV!
    02-27-2018 08:51 PM
    At least with the Note 8, pretty much everyone got around the release date, may be max a day early from someone.
    Earlier TMobile used to ship early but past couple of release Samsung has put a tight lid and controlling the release so that devices get delivered on launch day or a day early if you get lucky from some retailer.

I would say avoid best buy but this being a big release even they should have sufficient inventory to have launch day delivery or in store pick up. So just choose whoever you are familiar and comfortable with and you should get on launch day.
    Best buy actually sent out Verizon note 8 devices a week early which was a nice surprise
    02-27-2018 09:04 PM

I had my Note 8 over a week before the official release date. I ordered through Best Buy.
    02-27-2018 10:04 PM
    If I preorder the S9 on March 2 from Verizon when might I expect to get it? Any chance of getting it a day or two before March 16?

What about Best Buy?
    02-28-2018 09:00 AM
    There's always a gamble pre ordering, but usually you're able to receive it a day or two early from Verizon. Best buy not so much although I received my note 8 a week early via online pre order.
    02-28-2018 09:03 AM
    I pre-ordered the 9+. Never have done this thing. The new features got me all hopped up. Regrets, hopefully not but I had to give it a shot!
    02-28-2018 09:37 AM
    I spoke with a Best Buy mobile store today and asked them if I trade in the S7 active I have laying around if I can use that gift card towards the down payment of the S9 and he said absolutely I could do that I'm actually going to trade my S7 active in on Friday since I really have no use for it right now.
    02-28-2018 10:46 AM
    Historically, I know Verizon has delivered a day or two early.
    02-28-2018 12:26 PM
    It looks like if you're one of the first batch of pre-orders at Samsung, they're guaranteeing delivery by March 14:

From their page: "Reserve today and be among the first to preorder on March 2nd for guaranteed delivery by March 14th."
    smalba likes this.
    02-28-2018 06:49 PM
    I'm getting my S9 and S9+ on Thursday next week. Ordered through Samsung.
    03-01-2018 06:37 AM