Which carriers have which colors?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If I recall correctly the silver variant is the only color that U.S. carriers aren't carrying at launch.
Bizarre to say the least.

Silver is a business color, much like black. It's a great color when one doesn't want a dark color like black and yet, maintain a business-like look.

It's also a favorite among regular less business oriented folks.

Why skip such a crowd pleasing color?

Unfathomable.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Bizarre to say the least.

Silver is a business color, much like black. It's a great color when one doesn't want a dark color like black and yet, maintain a business-like look.

It's also a favorite among regular less business oriented folks.

Why skip such a crowd pleasing color?

Unfathomable.
Love Samsung as a phone maker, but their color choices during the launch of a phone always throw me for a loop lol.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
All US carriers are getting midnight black, coral blue, and lilac purple. No titanium grey for the US at launch.

The grey is the most meh for me. Would rather a gold option. That said I'll be getting coral blue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
All US carriers are getting midnight black, coral blue, and lilac purple. No titanium grey for the US at launch.

The grey is the most meh for me. Would rather a gold option. That said I'll be getting coral blue.

I just wish they'd have kept the S7/Note 7 blue. They keep making it darker :( Or, if I were to get my way, metallic bright red.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I just wish they'd have kept the S7/Note 7 blue. They keep making it darker :( Or, if I were to get my way, metallic bright red.

I hear ya. I don't know if many would agree, but what I miss most about the Note7's coral blue was the subtle gold metal frame. It accented and complimented the coral blue so well.

Although I really like the coral blue on the S9 (from videos and photos), I agree that Samsung should probably use different names for different shades of color. Another example is the orchid grey... it's a lot different on the Note8 than it is on the S8. It can confuse people who think they are getting the exact same color.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. I don't know if many would agree, but what I miss most about the Note7's coral blue was the subtle gold metal frame. It accented and complimented the coral blue so well.

Although I really like the coral blue on the S9 (from videos and photos), I agree that Samsung should probably use different names for different shades of color. Another example is the orchid grey... it's a lot different on the Note8 than it is on the S8. It can confuse people who think they are getting the exact same color.

That gold accent is why I kept the Note 7 pen and use that on my Note 8 (same exact size, so it fits perfectly).

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I am once again ticked off at the color selections with this new phone. I purposely did not upgrade to the S8+ last year for two reasons - the fingerprint sensor placement and the color selection. This year, the fingerprint sensor issue is fixed but not the color I want...I really really wanted a rose gold/rose pink phone this time, but looks like I'm going to have to settle for the Lilac Purple. Not that it's a bad color, it's just that now all the feminine phone cases are rose gold and my phone will be purple!!!

I guess I just don't understand why they can't offer either a silver or gold phone at launch in the U.S.!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I am once again ticked off at the color selections with this new phone. I purposely did not upgrade to the S8+ last year for two reasons - the fingerprint sensor placement and the color selection. This year, the fingerprint sensor issue is fixed but not the color I want...I really really wanted a rose gold/rose pink phone this time, but looks like I'm going to have to settle for the Lilac Purple. Not that it's a bad color, it's just that now all the feminine phone cases are rose gold and my phone will be purple!!!

I guess I just don't understand why they can't offer either a silver or gold phone at launch in the U.S.!

Maybe rock the lilac purple sans case and turn heads that way :p. Looks better without one anyway, in any color. Risky, yes, but you just throw a case on days you know you'll be extra active (as opposed to say, going to an office like I do on weekdays).

I agree with you on Samsung's handling of color options in general though. The Note8 was peak frustration in that regard for me; it was either black or a dull, smokey color that was nothing like its namesake, the orchid grey S8+.

A

Android Central Question

What colors are available for the S9?

I assume black but any other colors going to be available?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: What colors are available for the S9?

Screenshot 2018-03-01 01.57.08.png

- Lilac Purple
- Midnight Black
- Titanium Gray
- Coral Blue

Though, I suppose they might not be available everywhere.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where you're located but grey is not an option in the U.S., as previously mentioned in this thread.
It's one of the worst decisions they made here in the US for color options: not including the grey.

It's a business color as well as a regular personal phone color, on top of being appealing to a unisex crowd.

Why they would not have that and add lilac instead is bizarre.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac