Just ordered my S9 and S9+ in the UK. I'm on the Samsung upgrade programme. The S9+ seems to be only offered with 128gb of storage in the UK where I have seen 64gb versions reviewed in the US. The extra storage is a nice extra and differentiator between the s9 and s9+.

Wonder why Samsung has done this in the UK and not the US?
    mgbosshogg and jma78b like this.
    02-28-2018 05:41 PM
    The other markets should offer a 128gb version as option. My guess is demand would be higher than they would expect.

Case in point, I would buy one.
    02-28-2018 06:14 PM
    Just ordered my S9 and S9+ in the UK. I'm on the Samsung upgrade programme. The S9+ seems to be only offered with 128gb of storage in the UK where I have seen 64gb versions reviewed in the US. The extra storage is a nice extra and differentiator between the s9 and s9+.

Wonder why Samsung has done this in the UK and not the US?
    Hi mate. Total unrelated question, so sorry for highjacking.

Interested in how the upgrade program worked. I presume you had the S8? Have you been offered a pre order ? Did you pre order the S8? Was it exactly a year? When do you send the S8 back?

I'm on the Note annual upgrade and curious about the timing.
    Cheers, bosshogg
    03-01-2018 10:25 AM
    Hi, I'm also in the UK, on the Samsung upgrade program. I got an email last night from Samsung offering me an early upgrade from my S8. I am not due to upgrade until May. I have ordered the S9+ because it has 128gb storage built in. I will send back my S8 once I get the S9+ and transferred all my stuff. I'm taking next week Friday off to take delivery of this gorgeous Lilac beauty.
    03-01-2018 03:45 PM
    Hi, I'm also in the UK, on the Samsung upgrade program. I got an email last night from Samsung offering me an early upgrade from my S8. I am not due to upgrade until May. I have ordered the S9+ because it has 128gb storage built in. I will send back my S8 once I get the S9+ and transferred all my stuff. I'm taking next week Friday off to take delivery of this gorgeous Lilac beauty.
    Cool. Thanks.
    Good choice on the plus. Looks great.
    I presume it starts another 2 year deal with the CloseBros?
    Is the monthly cost slightly more with the higher RRP?

Thanks,
    Bosshogg
    03-01-2018 04:28 PM
    Yes it does start another 2 year deal but seeing as I get bored quickly and have never had a phone for 2 years, I'll be doing the same thing again lol! The phone is interest free and the same price as buying it outright from any other shop. I miss selling on my phone but seeing as selling on ebay was working out expensive and there are some people on ebay who tray to pull a fast one, I'm happy with this deal.
    03-01-2018 04:52 PM
    Yes it does start another 2 year deal but seeing as I get bored quickly and have never had a phone for 2 years, I'll be doing the same thing again lol! The phone is interest free and the same price as buying it outright from any other shop. I miss selling on my phone but seeing as selling on ebay was working out expensive and there are some people on ebay who tray to pull a fast one, I'm happy with this deal.
    Yeah, I was the same. Buying and selling flagships every few months. Worked out fine but a pia with eBay etc.
    Sold my S8 and entered the Note upgrade program to try and stop buying more than one phone a year.
    03-01-2018 05:09 PM
    Hi mate. Total unrelated question, so sorry for highjacking.

Interested in how the upgrade program worked. I presume you had the S8? Have you been offered a pre order ? Did you pre order the S8? Was it exactly a year? When do you send the S8 back?

I'm on the Note annual upgrade and curious about the timing.
    Cheers, bosshogg
    I have a s8 and s8+. Both the s9 and s9+ are pre order and I should get them both on Thursday next week. Samsung sent me an email yesterday offering the upgrade.

Can't remember if it has been exactly a year. Suppose it depends on when Samsung releases new models.

If memory serves I get the new phones first then send the old ones back so I'm not without a phone.
    mgbosshogg and jma78b like this.
    03-01-2018 06:42 PM