Detailed steps for how to transfer data from S8+ to S9+?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Dear All:

i vaguely recall what i did to transfer from my S7+ to S8+, but sort of forgot what i did.

may i please request kindly the good and knowledgeable folks here what one needs to do?

do we use that rectangular converter plug that comes in the box (usb c to usb a) and connect the phones together via the battery charging cable and then the phones automatically senses each other and the transfer process begins? or did i remember it incorrectly?

thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As PapaGary said, most app data is backed up to your Google account. For apps that can't be backed up, there's not much you can do, unless the app can back up and restore its own data. (With over 100 apps I use regularly, when I recently went from a Samsung to a Pixel, I just had to put the phones down and do something else for a while. Everything transferred except my texts [which I had backed up manually, so I could restore them in the Pixel).

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah use smart switch. Can also use Google restore at the same time for apps too but that doesn't do SMS/MMS, call logs, device settings and files.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've often wondered if we're better off taking the extra time to manually move data and setup phone customizations by hand. Does using smart switch bring along latent problems from your old device to the new one?

My email is all IMAP and Exchange. My contacts and calendar are on exchange. My pics are all on the SD card. A few videos and burst shots on internal memory but I can copy those by hand with both phones plugged into my pc. For SMS and phone logs I use SMS Backup. Has always worked well. So, all I need to do is reset all my phone settings. Takes about an hour. Maybe this is better than the Smart Switch automation?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish