03-20-2018 07:18 AM
982 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Samsung authorized carriers to ship a week early
    But it was the same last year. I just went through the S8 pre-order thread to refresh my memory. Most people got a "shipped" notification along with a "processed by ups", but the origin scans didn't come for almost 4-5 days later.
    i.e:
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread-1460.jpg  
    03-10-2018 08:58 AM
    i certainly hope that TMobile will ship out a week early, but alas, the "one week early mark" has come and gone. yesterday would have been the one week early mark, right?

the best TMobile can do now is to ship out on Monday, for delivery on Tuesday/Wednesday, which merely means 2-3 days prior to actual launch day in stores. not much in terms of being early, but better than zero. at least there is no waiting in lines or have to wait for a TMobile employee to help you in a store on launch day. we may all sit in the comfort of our homes and merely wait for the brown truck...but, @Amy already has that as her wallpaper - an annual ritual by now!
    03-10-2018 09:25 AM
    i certainly hope that TMobile will ship out a week early, but alas, the "one week early mark" has come and gone. yesterday would have been the one week early mark, right?

the best TMobile can do now is to ship out on Monday, for delivery on Tuesday/Wednesday, which merely means 2-3 days prior to actual launch day in stores. not much in terms of being early, but better than zero. at least there is no waiting in lines or have to wait for a TMobile employee to help you in a store on launch day. we may all sit in the comfort of our homes and merely wait for the brown truck...but, @Amy already has that as her wallpaper - an annual ritual by now!
    May depend on your location to the UPS terminal. If I have something ups nda and it scans and picks up even at say 3 am Monday, it's gotten to my ups depot for pickup that morning
    03-10-2018 09:27 AM
    can't wait to pair my new beats by dre wireless headphones to the s9Plus Using them now with the Tab S3 at Starbucks.
    03-10-2018 10:49 AM
    can't wait to pair my new beats by dre wireless headphones to the s9Plus Using them now with the Tab S3 at Starbucks.
    similarly, i can't wait to try the new dual rear cameras, both for low light photography, as well as for the slo-mo video mode.

i'm wondering if the cameras have a decent "macro" mode as well?
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-10-2018 11:00 AM
    But last year didn't UPS hold the packages and deliver the S8 like a day before release day? I have a feeling we might not see delivery dates/UPS updates until about the 14th. I could be wrong, but I'm just not getting my hopes up.
    What I remember from last years S8 pre-order/delivery was exactly what's happening now. Labels created and the devices held over the weekend. Origin Scans showing up late Sunday/early Monday. Delivery dates for those Next day Monday/Tuesday and for 2 Day Air Wednesday. It looks like that is how it is being done this year. I expect mine on Wednesday.
    03-10-2018 11:18 AM
    But it was the same last year. I just went through the S8 pre-order thread to refresh my memory. Most people got a "shipped" notification along with a "processed by ups", but the origin scans didn't come for almost 4-5 days later.
    i.e:
    True, I don't think we'll see an origin scan until sometime late Monday evening or early Tuesday morning (depending on your time zone).
    03-10-2018 11:18 AM
    Good choice. My wife and I each have a pair of Beats Solo 3 headphones. It might be an Apple product, but they seem to play nice with Samsung phones! I know because my wife uses an iPhone 8+, and there's basically no difference in terms of ease of use.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-10-2018 11:19 AM
    What I remember from last years S8 pre-order/delivery was exactly what's happening now. Labels created and the devices held over the weekend. Origin Scans showing up late Sunday/early Monday. Delivery dates for those Next day Monday/Tuesday and for 2 Day Air Wednesday. It looks like that is how it is being done this year. I expect mine on Wednesday.
    Yeah, as the week comes to a close, this is looking more and more likely. Which is slightly inconvenient for me because my boss is on vacation and left me in charge of the meetings...of which there are many on Wednesday.

I, however, am crazy enough for this phone that I will likely run home during the lunch hour to retrieve it from my apartment's office. I can think of no greater hell than coming home after they close and knowing my S9+ is a few feet away from me, and yet inaccessible.
    03-10-2018 11:24 AM
    Meanwhile my order stays still says being processed. T-Mobile claims they process in order. I let them know that was incorrect. A friend who ordered this morning has UPS info
    03-10-2018 11:28 AM
    Meanwhile my order stays still says being processed. T-Mobile claims they process in order. I let them know that was incorrect. A friend who ordered this morning has UPS info
    Ouch, sorry to hear!

It's weird because it seems this isn't an issue when it comes to iPhone pre-orders. If you order an iPhone right when pre-orders start and someone does their iPhone pre-order 6 days later you will get your iPhone first (99% chance at least).

When it comes to pre-ordering non-iPhones then it seems like its up in the air on when your pre-order is processed/shipped...not based on the date/time your pre-order went through T-Mobile's system or your "place in line" and I don't know why.
    03-10-2018 11:43 AM
    I've been chatting with customer service all morning. I've been with T-Mobile for 20 years. This is ridiculous
    03-10-2018 12:12 PM
    I've been chatting with customer service all morning. I've been with T-Mobile for 20 years. This is ridiculous
    What did they tell you?
    03-10-2018 12:15 PM
    What's wrong?
    03-10-2018 12:17 PM
    What's wrong?
    People who ordered today have UPS info. I ordered right away at midnight and mine is still "being processed" T-mobile claims they process in the order they are received, but that's clearly not true.
    03-10-2018 12:23 PM
    People who ordered today have UPS info. I ordered right away at midnight and mine is still "being processed" T-mobile claims they process in the order they are received, but that's clearly not true.
    It could just be that it didn't update Timely you watch your probably have all the same info by this afternoon most orders end of delivery within 1 to 2 days of each other I would imagine
    03-10-2018 12:24 PM
    Following a possible winter storm here in the Mid Atlantic on Monday. I normally enjoy weather but this may effect deliver of my S9
    03-10-2018 12:59 PM
    Hope this isn’t the case. If I pay for next day select I should get mine before people who only paid for 2 day. If this is the case I will be asking for a refund of the difference
    jasonb likes this.
    03-10-2018 01:26 PM
    I’m so excited! We are upgrading from two S7 Edges to the S9 ( purple and blue). We literally called in the second they were available for pre-order and was the first to order S9s from that customer service rep. We decided to not upgrade our shipping in order to save a few bucks and it looks like that was the right choice as We’ve already got our shipping notice. It also looks like they upgraded our shipping for us for free.

We also ordered two of the charging pads. We pre-ordered a pink and blue SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle PRO Series phone cases. I had never heard of the brand before but my research says they’re good cases plus We got 30% off for preordering the cases. I figure for under $20 a phone case We would give them a try. Does anyone know if they’re good cases?

We’re gifting our S7 Edges to our twin 18 year old daughters along with two good phone cases. They break so easy! Both my husband and I’ve broke the front and back screens on the Edges more then I’d like to admit. They still work but man the glass breaks easy on them! I admit We wasn’t the best at keeping them in cases So have made sure to get our twins really good cases. Which btw were difficult to find for the Edges.

We are having the glass on the phones replaced and got them the highest rated cases off amazon but are considering ordering them two more cases so they have a couple to choose between. Any advice? Anyways, I thought I’d say Hi and wait with everyone for our phones to arrive!

T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread-fd52408e-7e46-4cec-9936-1f23e90e169d.jpg
    03-10-2018 04:38 PM
    I am surprised at the number of people I have seen saying they break easy. I've dropped my S7 edge more than a few times and not a scratch. I only use the cheap thin cases...
    jlczl and PurplegalaxyS9 like this.
    03-10-2018 05:02 PM
    I’m so excited! We are upgrading from two S7 Edges to the S9 ( purple and blue). We literally called in the second they were available for pre-order and was the first to order S9s from that customer service rep. We decided to not upgrade our shipping in order to save a few bucks and it looks like that was the right choice as We’ve already got our shipping notice. It also looks like they upgraded our shipping for us for free.

We also ordered two of the charging pads. We pre-ordered a pink and blue SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle PRO Series phone cases. I had never heard of the brand before but my research says they’re good cases plus We got 30% off for preordering the cases. I figure for under $20 a phone case We would give them a try. Does anyone know if they’re good cases?

We’re gifting our S7 Edges to our twin 18 year old daughters along with two good phone cases. They break so easy! Both my husband and I’ve broke the front and back screens on the Edges more then I’d like to admit. They still work but man the glass breaks easy on them! I admit We wasn’t the best at keeping them in cases So have made sure to get our twins really good cases. Which btw were difficult to find for the Edges.

We are having the glass on the phones replaced and got them the highest rated cases off amazon but are considering ordering them two more cases so they have a couple to choose between. Any advice? Anyways, I thought I’d say Hi and wait with everyone for our phones to arrive!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD52408E-7E46-4CEC-9936-1F23E90E169D.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	280418
    I had supcase for my s8 and I bought 2 for my s9. The heavy duty one comes with a built in screen cover and it didn't work well with my note 8. I'm hoping they improved them for the s9. Other than that they are great cases for price.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-10-2018 05:02 PM
    UPS still says "Order proceesed: ready for UPS"....with no delivery date.....but also gives me the option to change the delivery date. The earliest I can change it to is Tuesday. I hope that means it is expected to arrive Monday! *Fingers Crossed*
    03-10-2018 05:09 PM
    Hope this isn’t the case. If I pay for next day select I should get mine before people who only paid for 2 day. If this is the case I will be asking for a refund of the difference
    But didn't most of the preorders get free next day air? That was the case when I was getting my order. So its not so much about what shipping options u picked, but it goes back to the order T-Mobile is processing the orders for shipment.
    03-10-2018 05:11 PM
    @accapro:

i understand your frustration and disappointment. on the other hand, it might be that their "system" might not update at the same time equally across the entire pre-order customer base.

furthermore, i don't think their batch packing and processing of the pre-orders is as refined or divided up with such refinement - what i am saying is that everyone who pre-ordered starting at 12:01AM on March 2nd through, say, the morning of March 3rd, would be put in the same "batch" are we're all equal in the eyes of the system. all of us will get processed and our phones will ship out at the same time, i.e. late Sunday night, as they often do.

often, by Sunday night around 11pm, there'll be a lot of action with the tracking and the entire batch will leave Kentucky and will move to the various sub-hubs around the country.

so, as disappointing as it seems at this point, i am reasonably sure that it is the system that failed to update you on a timely basis as it did the rest of us. it will likely update by Sunday night when all the action takes place.

that said, there is still no excuse for your particular phone not being updated in exactly the same manner as the rest of us. why shouldn't it be updated at exactly the same time? of course it should have!
    03-10-2018 05:12 PM
    According to T-mobile they are processed in the order received, which clearly isn't the case. I ordered 2 minutes after pre-order started. My order is still in process. They were happy to take my money yesterday though.
    03-10-2018 05:19 PM
982 ... 1920212223 ...