03-20-2018 07:18 AM
982 12345 ...
tools
    Just ordered mine over the phone, I was given 3-6 business days shipping or 2 day shipping as options. I asked about the over night shipping and the rep told me that was the same as the 2 day shipping. I'm on JOD so my total cost was $159.49 ($120 for phone, $24.99 for shipping and $14.50 for tax). I was surprised about the shipping cost as I don't recall that when I ordered the S8+ but I could be wrong.
    Should have said you saw free 2 day shipping. That's what I did and they waived the 2 day shipping fee.
    03-02-2018 08:52 AM
    has anyone had their card decline or problem going thrpugh on charge day for shipping? what does T-Mobile do in this case?
    Anyone can help?
    03-02-2018 08:53 AM
    Got my JOD order in for the Coral Blue S9+. Hope fully TMO ships early!
    The countdown begins....
    03-02-2018 09:13 AM
    They used to ship early not any more phones are usually given on the release day
    I pre-ordered my S8 as soon as orders went live . My phone arrived 2 days before the actual release in stores. I'm expecting the same this year.
    03-02-2018 09:21 AM
    Just ordered mine over the phone, I was given 3-6 business days shipping or 2 day shipping as options. I asked about the over night shipping and the rep told me that was the same as the 2 day shipping. I'm on JOD so my total cost was $159.49 ($120 for phone, $24.99 for shipping and $14.50 for tax). I was surprised about the shipping cost as I don't recall that when I ordered the S8+ but I could be wrong.
    do they charge tax by state or what,haven't pulled the trigger because I want to see how Costco's deal stacks up but mine would have been 120 down no charge shipping and like 69 in tax for 189 total.
    03-02-2018 09:31 AM
    Can someone help me with a credit card question/advice?
    03-02-2018 09:37 AM
    do they charge tax by state or what,haven't pulled the trigger because I want to see how Costco's deal stacks up but mine would have been 120 down no charge shipping and like 69 in tax for 189 total.
    Yes, tax varies by state.
    03-02-2018 09:39 AM
    Shipping offered to me. T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread-capture.jpg
    magia21 likes this.
    03-02-2018 09:48 AM
    In the process of ordering through JOD. How much has everyone had to pay upfront for JOD upgrades? I'm being told $120.
    For the S9 Plus only, yes. I paid 0 down for the regular S9.
    03-02-2018 10:09 AM
    It's probably for the best though. If not for the $120 down payment, the monthly payments would start to get absurd. This at least keeps it at a reasonable $30 per month.
    When I pre-ordered the Note8 on T-Mobile, it was 0 down and that phone was more expensive than the S9+.
    03-02-2018 10:13 AM
    has anyone had their card decline or problem going thrpugh on charge day for shipping? what does T-Mobile do in this case?
    I remember with my Note8 pre-order I had a billing address change, so I was worried about the card getting declined. They said if there was any problem they'd call right away to sort out another payment option and ensure no delay with my pre-order. Fortunately there was no problem with the card.
    03-02-2018 10:16 AM
    When I pre-ordered the Note8 on T-Mobile, it was 0 down and that phone was more expensive than the S9+.
    Same for me. I'm actually disappointed with the 120 down.
    hasasimo likes this.
    03-02-2018 10:29 AM
    Oh ok, good. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you
    hasasimo likes this.
    03-02-2018 10:30 AM
    I remember with my Note8 pre-order I had a billing address change, so I was worried about the card getting declined. They said if there was any problem they'd call right away to sort out another payment option and ensure no delay with my pre-order. Fortunately there was no problem with the card.

Oh ok, good. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you
    03-02-2018 10:31 AM
    Can someone help me with a credit card question/advice?
    I would really suggestion calling them if the online system is declining it. They can give you the reason why.
    03-02-2018 10:33 AM
    now, the waiting game is tough. i recall last year, people (including myself) waited and waited and there was much angst with not a single thing to do...but wait.

hopefully, TMobile will revert back to their old way of shipping way earlier than others type of strategy Go Legere!
    03-02-2018 10:35 AM
    I would really suggestion calling them if the online system is declining it. They can give you the reason why.
    Have not been charged yet, did a JOD with a call into care, was just wondering when it came time to charge card at shipment time. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you
    03-02-2018 10:37 AM
    As a JOD long time customer of T-Mobile I refuse to pay a penny out of pocket. They have never charged a down payment for base model storage units. Not even Plus size models. Never paid for 8 Plus or s8 Plus. Now they are saying we have to pay $120 down? And some of you are paying tax?? Since when??! JOD has never required tax be paid up front. I didn’t have to pay a penny for my iPhone X which was $1000.
    03-02-2018 10:38 AM
    As a JOD long time customer of T-Mobile I refuse to pay a penny out of pocket. They have never charged a down payment for base model storage units. Not even Plus size models. Never paid for 8 Plus or s8 Plus. Now they are saying we have to pay $120 down? And some of you are paying tax?? Since when??! JOD has never required tax be paid up front. I didn’t have to pay a penny for my iPhone X which was $1000.
    All changed a few months ago. JOD is not what it once was.
    03-02-2018 10:42 AM
    Have not been charged yet, did a JOD with a call into care, was just wondering when it came time to charge card at shipment time. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you
    It should be okay. Normally they don't care about the card used but more so the shipping address.

Back when I was on T-Mobile my gf was the account holder and I used my card all the time to order stuff without issue.
    03-02-2018 10:46 AM
    Welcome to changes :P.
    03-02-2018 10:47 AM
    Unless it changed after the iPhone X then it’s not true. I paid $0 down for the iPhone X. They stated that in 2019 some non base storage models would require down payment and that was a text sent out laten last year. We are not in 2019 yet so why the changes? I know customers on JOD who have not been with T-Mobile for at least 3 years pay down payments. I have been with them over 5 years.
    03-02-2018 10:49 AM
    Unless it changed after the iPhone X then it’s not true. I paid $0 down for the iPhone X. They stated that in 2019 some non base storage models would require down payment and that was a text sent out laten last year. We are not in 2019 yet so why the changes? I know customers on JOD who have not been with T-Mobile for at least 3 years pay down payments. I have been with them over 5 years.
    It was recent. I paid nothing down for my LG V30, wanted to move to the Note 8 about a month later, and was required to put $100 down. T-Mobile apparently quietly moved up their time table for the JOD changes.
    03-02-2018 10:52 AM
    Plain ridiculous. Why offer the benefit of changing phones as often as every 30 days but require a down payment. Who is gonna pay $100+ dollars up front to turn around and upgrade a month or 2 later. T-Mobile is really going down hill.
    03-02-2018 10:54 AM
    It should be okay. Normally they don't care about the card used but more so the shipping address.

Back when I was on T-Mobile my gf was the account holder and I used my card all the time to order stuff without issue.
    Cool we are both on Tmo account and we are both on bank account but have individual cards with our names. just was hoping for no push back since her name shows as billing address for the S9 order but my name was on card to do the pre-order on JOD. thanks
    03-02-2018 10:56 AM
982 12345 ...