03-20-2018 07:18 AM
982 ... 34567 ...
tools
    JOD customers have to understand this was not going to last forever. Phone prices are going up so at one point a down payment will be required. Also if you can't make a 120 down payment maybe you shouldn't get the phone.
    03-02-2018 06:06 PM
    I decided that with the $120, JOD is kind of pointless.

However, I still wanted the S9+, so I am keeping my Moto Z2 Force on JoD, and I ordered the S9+ for a different line on EIP.

I also decided to trade in my wife's iPhone 6s Plus for the $360 in credits, and I am getting a new iPhone 8 Plus for her, however I would have had to get that eventually anyhow, so it doesn't count in this equation
    03-02-2018 06:55 PM
    Hi!
    The T-Mobile email I received about the trade-in promo linked to a page that stated a $25.00 Sim Starter Kit would automatically added to my cart. Did you folks have to pay for new sim cards?
    03-02-2018 07:08 PM
    I checked with tmobile and they quoted me $250.00 dollars to fix my screen. I contacted one repair service and there price was a staggering $390.00 dollars!..I am on the Jod program with tmobile...
    03-02-2018 07:33 PM
    That is why a lot of carrier "deals" have turned into "Get $400 off!!!" then the fine print says "over 24 months via bill credits" versus an actual $400 off right at the register w/ your trade-in.
    Actually it's probably more of a business decision from a financial standpoint. By distributing the money over time, the unpaid money they owe you can be invested to help generate more money. Kind of like an annuity. Insurance companies do the same thing with your insurance premiums.
    03-02-2018 07:40 PM
    JOD customers have to understand this was not going to last forever. Phone prices are going up so at one point a down payment will be required. Also if you can't make a 120 down payment maybe you shouldn't get the phone.
    Lol i don't think his issue is how much it is I think his issue was he never had to pay a down payment for a basemodel phone that's the issue not how much it is lol .
    03-02-2018 08:12 PM
    Base model will be the s9. For JOD is 0 down. S9+ is the premium model
    03-02-2018 08:22 PM
    Got my order in. S9+ in coral blue. Something new, hopefully ill like the color.

Got free express shipping since he noticed it was my 16th anniversary.
    03-02-2018 08:26 PM
    They're both premium, the JOD down payment is based solely on the overall price of the phone, regardless of model, variant, etc.
    03-02-2018 08:36 PM
    No technically that's still a base model phone .
    03-02-2018 08:36 PM
    They're both premium, the JOD down payment is based solely on the overall price of the phone, regardless of model, variant, etc.
    If that was the case if u get a iPhone 8 there should be no down payment but there should be one for the 8 plus but the web site say it's a down payment for the 8 plus but when I order it along with the v30 and also the note 8 which both say on the web down payment required, I never had to .there terms have changes just like when u call from person to person one don't know what there doing .... When I jumped to the 8 plus first lady told me I couldn't because I used all my jumps and something about a bill cycle which I knew she didn't know what she was talking about . Till hours later I got somebody else on the phone told them the issue and she couldn't see or sisnt know what the other lady was talking about at all lol .
    03-02-2018 08:41 PM
    Actually it's probably more of a business decision from a financial standpoint. By distributing the money over time, the unpaid money they owe you can be invested to help generate more money. Kind of like an annuity. Insurance companies do the same thing with your insurance premiums.
    Yeah get people to invest and stay if they want the full value.. whereas before they did MasterCard in a week or two for the amount. I know of people purposely swapping, getting the deal / card, and leaving the carrier the next month.

Therefore they cut someone a nice deal and didn't retain the customer.
    03-02-2018 08:41 PM
    i'm thinking now that most of us on this thread, in particular, have already placed our pre-orders, that the next real "event" that's going to take place would be the debits to our cards.

i'm wondering when that might be? that would be the best indicator of when they plan to ship our S9/+ out! hooray. i don't want to wait till March 16th.
    03-02-2018 09:37 PM
    All Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ versions and frequency bands for carrier and unlocked models if you're curious -

https://www.techwalls.com/samsung-ga...r-differences/
    03-02-2018 09:58 PM
    i'm thinking now that most of us on this thread, in particular, have already placed our pre-orders, that the next real "event" that's going to take place would be the debits to our cards.

i'm wondering when that might be? that would be the best indicator of when they plan to ship our S9/+ out! hooray. i don't want to wait till March 16th.
    Likewise! I vaguely remember reading on a tech blog a couple weeks ago that T-Mobile was expected to ship the phone to pre-order customers beginning on the 9th. That would be consistent with the Note 8 pre-orders. But unfortunately I can't remember the blog where I read this.
    03-02-2018 10:19 PM
    I purchased the Lilac S9+ for myself & the Black S9 for my Husband, along with the basic 10.00 insurance. I received free express shipping. We traded in our two Galaxy S5's so that will help with the cost...eventually.

Overall, pretty painless procedure. So now we'll see how the billing credits work out. I've read posts where in the past, people have had to fight to get them applied.
    03-02-2018 11:00 PM
    Just tried out the S9+. I'm coming from the LG V20. I love everything about the S9+ but there are a few features I will miss from the V20. I wish there was a way to control the gain on the mics when recording. I record a lot of loud gigs at work so I hope the S9+ does an okay job. I also enjoy long exposure photography/phoneography. I forgot what the limit was but maybe I can use an app for that. Lastly, I feel the sound coming from the aux could be better. They had a couple of mp3s loaded on the phone but it was probably low quality mp3s.
    03-02-2018 11:35 PM
    Unfortunately the representative I'm with has no idea how to process my Jump on Demand. She keeps insisting I do it online and everything online says to call Customer Care
    Boy do I remember this problem lol. Some of them aren't trained with the Jump On Demand (which I have). You need to preorder it either through Chat window or on the phone. You can't preorder a JOD straight online, which would be convenient grr.
    hasasimo likes this.
    03-03-2018 05:30 AM
    What's every one doing for insurance? I skipped it altogether, but I might change it
    03-03-2018 08:05 AM
    What's every one doing for insurance? I skipped it altogether, but I might change it
    Skipped it with Note 8. If I get the 9+ skipping it too
    03-03-2018 08:09 AM
    I thought for Jump on Demand, insurance is required! I. e. They force you to accept and pay for the monthly insurance fee!

Didn't think I'd be wrong on that. Really? You could skip insurance?
    03-03-2018 08:10 AM
    I thought for Jump on Demand, insurance is required! I. e. They force you to accept and pay for the monthly insurance fee!

The regular Jump program includes insurance in the payments. Jump on Demand doesn't require it.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-03-2018 08:20 AM
    if im not mistaken it goes by your credit. that determines if you have to put down a down payment
    I don't think so. Mine is near perfect and I still have to. The rep said it's because Tmobile doesn't want monthly payments to get too high, hence a down on the 9+ but not the 9.
    03-03-2018 08:23 AM
    The regular Jump program includes insurance in the payments. Jump on Demand doesn't require it.
    Correct
    msm0511 likes this.
    03-03-2018 08:25 AM

I didn't do Jump, I just did straight up EIP
    03-03-2018 08:35 AM
982 ... 34567 ...