T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
why is everybody complaining about the down payment, you got to pay to play. I'm not happy about the down payment as well but oh well what could you do

I was thinking the same thing at first. But it looks like only the guys with jump on demand is complaining about the down payment which is understood

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing at first. But it looks like only the guys with jump on demand is complaining about the down payment which is understood
Well, a bankrupt TMobile won't do us any good either!

When the S9+ is in excess of $750, they need to do something in order to keep the monthly payments to a constant $30. The down-payment is the only option.

Would anyone rather them not having a JOD? I suspect the answer is a resounding "no".

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile employees state if you are on Jod program, there is no required down payment!. I have been told this several times!.
I personally have no problem with it!.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I decided to wait, I have a $200 rebate card coming in a few weeks from a trade in deal on my wife's iphone 8 we just got from T-Mobile so I want to use that to pay down the S9. Plus the timing should work out well as I'll have half my G6 paid off at that point and can use my Jump. Hopefully I can catch a sale too. Plus this will give me a chance to get into a store and play with one first two as I've resisted curved screens to this point.

Till then I'll be following you guys and asking questions!

Last edited:

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I opted for no insurance.Who's with me or am I a damn nut?

I didn't do it either. It depends on how careful you are I guess. I've never dropped a phone since my old S2, also I use a case and screen protector.

FWIW, many credit cards give you insurance. My Uber Visa card gives me up to $600 in phone insurance as long as I use it to pay my T-Mobile bill. So I could send it into Samsung and get reimbursed.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Very strange that some of you are paying for shipping, let alone not getting free overnight. I've been on JOD for 3 years and I switch out 3 phones per year. I've never paid for shipping and it's always been free overnight. Always. S9 order last night was no exception.

And for those still wondering why some high end models (Samsung's Plus line) require a deposit now. It's because they changed the JOD policy a while back to allow an upgrade every month if desired. The only way that made business sense for Tmo, is by requiring a deposit for the highest end phones. Makes sense. It's a bummer, but it makes sense.

Lastly, I see a lot of people on JOD concerned with how much a monthly payment is going to be. If you're on JOD, then you should be switching out phones a minimum of 3 times per year, or JOD doesn't make financial sense....so your monthly payment is somewhat meaningless, because it's always going to be in the $30-$34 range for flagships. People on JOD who are going with the Plus model and paying $120 down, need to keep that in mind. Because if you're on JOD, you really should be getting rid of this S9 or S9 plus within 3-4 months, max. Next up for me will be LG's flagship and then the Note 9. Rinse/repeat. It's amazing how many promo gifts I have racked up over the years as well. Still waiting to hear what the gift for the S9 will be. Love JOD.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Very strange that some of you are paying for shipping, let alone not getting free overnight. I've been on JOD for 3 years and I switch out 3 phones per year. I've never paid for shipping and it's always been free overnight. Always. S9 order last night was no exception.

And for those still wondering why some high end models (Samsung's Plus line) require a deposit now. It's because they changed the JOD policy a while back to allow an upgrade every month if desired. The only way that made business sense for Tmo, is by requiring a deposit for the highest end phones. Makes sense. It's a bummer, but it makes sense.

Lastly, I see a lot of people on JOD concerned with how much a monthly payment is going to be. If you're on JOD, then you should be switching out phones a minimum of 3 times per year, or JOD doesn't make financial sense....so your monthly payment is somewhat meaningless, because it's always going to be in the $30-$34 range for flagships. People on JOD who are going with the Plus model and paying $120 down, need to keep that in mind. Because if you're on JOD, you really should be getting rid of this S9 or S9 plus within 3-4 months, max. Next up for me will be LG's flagship and then the Note 9. Rinse/repeat. It's amazing how many promo gifts I have racked up over the years as well. Still waiting to hear what the gift for the S9 will be. Love JOD.
Are the promo gifts just part of JOD or do you get them with Jump too?

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Are the promo gifts just part of JOD or do you get them with Jump too?

They have always been manufacturer gifts. Doesn't matter how you buy/lease the device. Once you get the device, you have to do the gift form submission through Samsung/LG etc.

It's a bit odd we still don't know what the gift for the S9 will be. Usually we know before pre-orders start. Hopefully it's something good this time.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
why is everybody complaining about the down payment, you got to pay to play. I'm not happy about the down payment as well but oh well what could you do
Now that everyone brings it up. The down payment is a little bit of a waist if your just going to Jump to the Note 9 but agree they keep it around because people pay it.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I heard they are doing away with the free gifts for now because of all them being repetitive. Could be wrong but that's what I heard. Now most all the gifts are going to come with cell phone carriers doing there own promo.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I heard they are doing away with the free gifts for now because of all them being repetitive. Could be wrong but that's what I heard. Now most all the gifts are going to come with cell phone carriers doing there own promo.

I think they are doing away with them to save money.. especially from people either claiming multiple or returning the device and keeping the promos :p.

As with most things in life -- the ones who take advantage of loopholes usually ruin it for others. That is why a lot of carrier "deals" have turned into "Get $400 off!!!" then the fine print says "over 24 months via bill credits" versus an actual $400 off right at the register w/ your trade-in.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I can't remember if it was the Note 7 or S8+ but initially there was a down payment and people complained and within a few days Tmobile offered a $0 down option but your monthly payment went up. At the end of the day the total amount is the same, I think they may have just done away with the $0 down. I paid the $120 down and my monthly payment on the phone is $34.11, if you did not make a down payment, what does your contract show your monthly payment will be for the device?

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I recently damaged my Note 8! I was using a Otterbox Symmetry case and I dropped my phone from 4 feet down, face up on the cement... this cracked my phone!.. I contacted Otterbox and there response was...Very sorry you broke you phone while using our Expensive case! ...Otterbox will replace your old case with a new and even better case, so We can protect you BROKEN phone!.

Please do yourself a favor and add insurance!...

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I recently damaged my Note 8! I was using a Otterbox Symmetry case and I dropped my phone from 4 feet down, face up on the cement... this cracked my phone!.. I contacted Otterbox and there response was...Very sorry you broke you phone while using our Expensive case! ...Otterbox will replace your old case with a new and even better case, so We can protect you BROKEN phone!.

Please do yourself a favor and add insurance!...

but isn't a replacement device through insurance like 175 bucks?and how much for a broken screen to be repaired?

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I opted for the s9 as well in coral blue just to test it out and get it out of my system. Not worth putting money down and upgrading in a month or 2. I can live without optical zoom and 6gb of ram.

if im not mistaken it goes by your credit. that determines if you have to put down a down payment