03-20-2018 07:18 AM
982 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I'm gonna predict/hope devices start shipping later this week for first deliveries on Friday. 🤞🙏
    03-05-2018 08:49 AM
    Oh please, not next week! Let them arrive this week, please!

We stayed up late and pre-ordered at midnight, after all!
    It's not out of the question. Like I said, my Note 8 was at my doorstep 9 days before launch. I'm not holding my breath for having my phone on Wednesday, but end of the week doesn't sound crazy.

Oh, I also stayed up late that night, so I know how you feel.
    03-05-2018 08:54 AM
    It's not out of the question. Like I said, my Note 8 was at my doorstep 9 days before launch. I'm not holding my breath for having my phone on Wednesday, but end of the week doesn't sound crazy.

Oh, I also stayed up late that night, so I know how you feel.
    Yea. I preordered the other night - was up half the night because I'd preordered through the Tmobile facebook chat and they take quite some time to respond lol.
    03-05-2018 08:57 AM
    I know there's a form for it but I wanted to share a couple photos of the first case I ordered for this s9plus. I am getting the Lilac onehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5a0b7d4796.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...66f97616b4.jpg
    What's up with the fingerprint at the bottom of the screen? It makes it look like a unlock from the lock screen.
    03-05-2018 08:58 AM
    @claykin and @arunma:

may your words go directly to TMobile warehouse manager's ears!

also:

what Micro SD cards did you guys decide to get? i can never understand this: each and every time, i buy a new card.

the reason is that i have my card with stuff on it in my S8+ now (or any other previous generation phone), and with the new phone, say now the S9+ connected via a cable and using Smart Sync/Smart Transfer, i need a new card to go in the S9+ too!

what card is the best to buy currently for the S9/+?
    03-05-2018 09:02 AM
    I'm waiting for my JoD from TMo, along with another unlocked version direct from Samsung. We'll see which one gets here first!
    03-05-2018 09:20 AM
    i went to BestBuy yesterday and saw the S9/S9+.

the most surprising thing for me was that the blue version isn't nearly as light and bright blue and the pictures showed! not at all! it is a much darker and more subtle blue than their publicity pictures! i found it to be much more tolerable than the pictures' blue - which is too light/bright for me personally. this is entirely personal and subjective, i understand, and others may love the lighter/brighter blue.

the blue is actually quite nice and even a bit elegant in real life!

hope this helps some folks who are on the edge about choosing colors.

i chose the black due to the fact that i think the blue will likely reflect colors onto the object i'm trying to photograph, especially if it is a close up shot.
    hasasimo likes this.
    03-05-2018 09:22 AM
    I wonder if I'm going to see another purple S9+ out in the wild besides mine.
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    03-05-2018 09:25 AM
    i went to BestBuy yesterday and saw the S9/S9+.

the most surprising thing for me was that the blue version isn't nearly as light and bright blue and the pictures showed! not at all! it is a much darker and more subtle blue than their publicity pictures! i found it to be much more tolerable than the pictures' blue - which is too light/bright for me personally. this is entirely personal and subjective, i understand, and others may love the lighter/brighter blue.

the blue is actually quite nice and even a bit elegant in real life!

hope this helps some folks who are on the edge about choosing colors.

i chose the black due to the fact that i think the blue will likely reflect colors onto the object i'm trying to photograph, especially if it is a close up shot.
    I kind of want the blue, just to be different but odds are I'm going to throw a case on it anyway and you'll never see it .
    03-05-2018 09:26 AM
    I'm gonna look into switching to T Mo from Metro and see if I can get a S9+ but only if it fits my budget.
    03-05-2018 10:25 AM
    Just got a weird notification on my phone from the Samsung Shop app. It's about pre-ordering the phone and says "Be among the first to get your Galaxy S9 or S9+ by March 14th." Reason I though it was odd is the phone is officially released on the 16th. I know T-mobile usually ships a few days early but I don't recall them ever putting it in print. Also it says by the 14th, so possibly even earlier? Here's to hoping
    03-05-2018 11:54 AM
    I'm gonna look into switching to T Mo from Metro and see if I can get a S9+ but only if it fits my budget.
    You can but you will just be paying monthly for it like everyone else. You can get 50% off (or up to) if you trade in the appropriate devices on the list.
    03-05-2018 11:57 AM
    i am hoping that anyone who is with TMobile (as a customer) would kindly please post any info they receive if their card was debited, or if they receive a "shipped out" notice.

that would make the rest of us feel a little better.
    03-05-2018 12:10 PM
    i am hoping that anyone who is with TMobile (as a customer) would kindly please post any info they receive if their card was debited, or if they receive a "shipped out" notice.

that would make the rest of us feel a little better.
    Don't worry as soon as someone's cars gets charged this thread will blow up. Same thing happens for every phone release. Then the shipping notifications and plane tracking starts.
    03-05-2018 12:50 PM
    @claykin and @arunma:

may your words go directly to TMobile warehouse manager's ears!

also:

what Micro SD cards did you guys decide to get? i can never understand this: each and every time, i buy a new card.

the reason is that i have my card with stuff on it in my S8+ now (or any other previous generation phone), and with the new phone, say now the S9+ connected via a cable and using Smart Sync/Smart Transfer, i need a new card to go in the S9+ too!

what card is the best to buy currently for the S9/+?
    Well I can't say which is the best bang for your buck. I've got a 256 GB Samsung card in my phone, ironically it's a free gift from the ill-fated Note 7. It's definitely fast. But it's really expensive too. What kind of card do you have right now? If it's an higher end card, you might want to re-download your apps from Samsung Cloud rather than re-purchase the card. It'll take a couple hours, but that beats spending hundreds of dollars on a one time use card!
    03-05-2018 12:53 PM
    Don't worry as soon as someone's cars gets charged this thread will blow up. Same thing happens for every phone release. Then the shipping notifications and plane tracking starts.
    Haha, I volunteer to do my part!
    03-05-2018 12:54 PM
    Yea. I preordered the other night - was up half the night because I'd preordered through the Tmobile facebook chat and they take quite some time to respond lol.
    Oh man...tell me about it. I walked into work a zombie the next morning because of how late I was up doing the pre-order.

Upside to ordering via Twitter: my wife didn't wake up and find out how much sleep gave up just for a phone.
    amyf27 likes this.
    03-05-2018 12:57 PM
    Oh man...tell me about it. I walked into work a zombie the next morning because of how late I was up doing the pre-order.

Upside to ordering via Twitter: my wife didn't wake up and find out how much sleep gave up just for a phone.
    My husband thinks I'm nuts. Lol. I do have an obsession with tech stuff.
    arunma and hasasimo like this.
    03-05-2018 01:00 PM
    Side by Side S9 Plus and Note 8 case Just got my S9 Plus case in.
    jamezr likes this.
    03-05-2018 04:20 PM
    Now all you need is the phone
    03-05-2018 04:21 PM
    Now all you need is the phone
    Lol.
    03-05-2018 04:22 PM
    So I call TMobile today to use my JOD for my girlfriend and I and they charged me $7.61 to jump for the S8 she has to the S9. when I wanted to use it for myself they were trying to charge me $120 for the S9+ or $71 for the S9. When I questioned it the rep couldn't really explain why. I got frustrated and hung up; maybe I'll stop into my local TMobile store for clarification. Don't think I'm jumping if it requires me to put that much down.
    03-05-2018 04:48 PM

My husband thinks I'm nuts. Lol. I do have an obsession with tech stuff.
    It is possible that your husband is correct, and that he's the sane one!

We all are nuts to be so dedicated to merely a phone (!) and stay up till the wee hours to place a pre-order! It's not as though they are going to run out of these things! It's just that we gotta have them 3 days before other people.

Nuts? Prolly
    verks likes this.
    03-05-2018 05:11 PM
    It is possible that your husband is correct, and that he's the sane one!

We all are nuts to be so dedicated to merely a phone (!) and stay up till the wee hours to place a pre-order! It's not as though they are going to run out of these things! It's just that we gotta have them 3 days before other people.

Nuts? Prolly
    Your screen name says it all lol :-)
    03-05-2018 05:13 PM
    So I call TMobile today to use my JOD for my girlfriend and I and they charged me $7.61 to jump for the S8 she has to the S9. when I wanted to use it for myself they were trying to charge me $120 for the S9+ or $71 for the S9. When I questioned it the rep couldn't really explain why. I got frustrated and hung up; maybe I'll stop into my local TMobile store for clarification. Don't think I'm jumping if it requires me to put that much down.
    It use to be 0 down for base model phones, if u upgraded and got a higher gb in storage like if u got a iPhone then a down payment was required, now they changed it to some ppl still pay 0 down , but it is based on credit classes now of A,B,W or 4 and have more then 3 years of tenure as well as those with class a J with any tenure .there is a artcial about it . I never had to pay any down payment my self unless I got a higher gb model of a iPhone .
    03-05-2018 05:24 PM
982 ... 678910 ...