T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
has anyone had their card decline or problem going thrpugh on charge day for shipping? what does T-Mobile do in this case?

I remember with my Note8 pre-order I had a billing address change, so I was worried about the card getting declined. They said if there was any problem they'd call right away to sort out another payment option and ensure no delay with my pre-order. Fortunately there was no problem with the card.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok, good. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I remember with my Note8 pre-order I had a billing address change, so I was worried about the card getting declined. They said if there was any problem they'd call right away to sort out another payment option and ensure no delay with my pre-order. Fortunately there was no problem with the card.

Oh ok, good. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
now, the waiting game is tough. i recall last year, people (including myself) waited and waited and there was much angst with not a single thing to do...but wait.

hopefully, TMobile will revert back to their old way of shipping way earlier than others type of strategy ;) Go Legere!

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would really suggestion calling them if the online system is declining it. They can give you the reason why.

Have not been charged yet, did a JOD with a call into care, was just wondering when it came time to charge card at shipment time. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
As a JOD long time customer of T-Mobile I refuse to pay a penny out of pocket. They have never charged a down payment for base model storage units. Not even Plus size models. Never paid for 8 Plus or s8 Plus. Now they are saying we have to pay $120 down? And some of you are paying tax?? Since when??! JOD has never required tax be paid up front. I didn’t have to pay a penny for my iPhone X which was $1000.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
As a JOD long time customer of T-Mobile I refuse to pay a penny out of pocket. They have never charged a down payment for base model storage units. Not even Plus size models. Never paid for 8 Plus or s8 Plus. Now they are saying we have to pay $120 down? And some of you are paying tax?? Since when??! JOD has never required tax be paid up front. I didn’t have to pay a penny for my iPhone X which was $1000.
All changed a few months ago. JOD is not what it once was.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have not been charged yet, did a JOD with a call into care, was just wondering when it came time to charge card at shipment time. My matter is the name on billing address for Tmo order is my wife's name but credit card name is mine. Both credit card billing address and Tmo billing address is the same and fine. Just that my name is on the credit card used to pay for order. Thank you

It should be okay. Normally they don't care about the card used but more so the shipping address.

Back when I was on T-Mobile my gf was the account holder and I used my card all the time to order stuff without issue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to changes :p.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Unless it changed after the iPhone X then it’s not true. I paid $0 down for the iPhone X. They stated that in 2019 some non base storage models would require down payment and that was a text sent out laten last year. We are not in 2019 yet so why the changes? I know customers on JOD who have not been with T-Mobile for at least 3 years pay down payments. I have been with them over 5 years.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Unless it changed after the iPhone X then it’s not true. I paid $0 down for the iPhone X. They stated that in 2019 some non base storage models would require down payment and that was a text sent out laten last year. We are not in 2019 yet so why the changes? I know customers on JOD who have not been with T-Mobile for at least 3 years pay down payments. I have been with them over 5 years.
It was recent. I paid nothing down for my LG V30, wanted to move to the Note 8 about a month later, and was required to put $100 down. T-Mobile apparently quietly moved up their time table for the JOD changes.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Plain ridiculous. Why offer the benefit of changing phones as often as every 30 days but require a down payment. Who is gonna pay $100+ dollars up front to turn around and upgrade a month or 2 later. T-Mobile is really going down hill.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It should be okay. Normally they don't care about the card used but more so the shipping address.

Back when I was on T-Mobile my gf was the account holder and I used my card all the time to order stuff without issue.

Cool we are both on Tmo account and we are both on bank account but have individual cards with our names. just was hoping for no push back since her name shows as billing address for the S9 order but my name was on card to do the pre-order on JOD. thanks

sakar12

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Plain ridiculous. Why offer the benefit of changing phones as often as every 30 days but require a down payment. Who is gonna pay $100+ dollars up front to turn around and upgrade a month or 2 later. T-Mobile is really going down hill.

This is my problem. I want the S9+ but I guess I'll get the S9 as I know I'll just to jump again in 2 or 3 months.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick FYI I forgot to mention. I had Samsung and T-Mobile's shoe up and orders in the carts. The tax on Samsung's site was $20-30 cheaper (I forgot to write down the amounts). I think they applied the tax after deducting the trade in. I'm in CA.

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
It was recent. I paid nothing down for my LG V30, wanted to move to the Note 8 about a month later, and was required to put $100 down. T-Mobile apparently quietly moved up their time table for the JOD changes.

From the g6 to note 8 to v30 to the iPhone 8 plus I didn't pay any down payment for any device only time I ever paid a down payment if I got a higher gb model with a iPhone

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
This is my problem. I want the S9+ but I guess I'll get the S9 as I know I'll just to jump again in 2 or 3 months.

I opted for the s9 as well in coral blue just to test it out and get it out of my system. Not worth putting money down and upgrading in a month or 2. I can live without optical zoom and 6gb of ram.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
From the g6 to note 8 to v30 to the iPhone 8 plus I didn't pay any down payment for any device only time I ever paid a down payment if I got a higher gb model with a iPhone

THIS. But like someone stated these new policies must have begun sometime after the v30 launch it seems. Stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz