T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I usually don't reply back to Samsung email which half the time it's spam or stuff I'm not interested in but to my surprise I receive something about an event and taking place over here in Manhattan New York, email stated the first 25 to reply back gets a invite to the event. I said hey why not to my surprise it was actually a contest and I won a S9 plus a set of Icon headphones Samsung care for the S9 for 1 year plus a check for $500 not bad and $100 in transportation not bad

nino perez1

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
I asked yesterday at the T-Mobile store and they said we would have to ship it ourselves but they would print me out a return shipping address.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I usually don't reply back to Samsung email which half the time it's spam or stuff I'm not interested in but to my surprise I receive something about an event and taking place over here in Manhattan New York, email stated the first 25 to reply back gets a invite to the event. I said hey why not to my surprise it was actually a contest and I won a S9 plus a set of Icon headphones Samsung care for the S9 for 1 year plus a check for $500 not bad and $100 in transportation not bad

When will you actually receive the S9 that you won? Will you get it prior to your pre-ordered phone, or after?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
No idea, I'm thinking at the event next Friday
Good luck. Hopefully it wasn't a scam. Sure seems to good to be true. Let us know how it goes. I'm super curious now. Someone posted about the email a few days ago around here. Seems to me 25 people would have responded quick if it were true. But I hope for your sake it is true. Congrats and keep us posted on how your trip goes. Stay safe.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Good luck. Hopefully it wasn't a scam. Sure seems to good to be true. Let us know how it goes. I'm super curious now. Someone posted about the email a few days ago around here. Seems to me 25 people would have responded quick if it were true. But I hope for your sake it is true. Congrats and keep us posted on how your trip goes. Stay safe.

Thanks, I was very skeptical at first but I contacted Samsung it's legit thank God lol. The contest is run by a company that Samsung hired I should be getting further information for them soon hopefully... I'll post more details once I get them

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
don't get me wrong I'm anxious to get my phone but I'm not asked as excited as previous years.... I seen the phone a couple days ago at my local T-Mobile. very similar to the S8 plus but that new camera is awesome

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint folks are seemingly not getting theirs today after all.

Most of their tracking now says March 12th.

I think it turns out that it's a case of labels having been printed but they held it back a day or two, i guess so they may adhere to the Samsung-provided guidelines of not shipping out too early.

Last edited:

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Sprint folks are seemingly not getting theirs today after all.

Most of their tracking now says March 12th.

I think it turns out that it's a case of labels having been printed but they held it back a day or two, i guess so they may adhere to the Samsung-provided guidelines of not shipping out too early.

Created label means nothing, same thing happened last year they sat in a warehouse for close to a week

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the S9+ for my wife. Not that it's a major upgrade from her S8. Basically upgrading for T Mo's 600 mhz band.

Almost forgot about the 600 MHz band compatibility! Can't wait to see if I get better reception when I'm at work. Right now I'm close to downtown within range of 5 towers, but I barely get a signal in the office.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Almost forgot about the 600 MHz band compatibility! Can't wait to see if I get better reception when I'm at work. Right now I'm close to downtown within range of 5 towers, but I barely get a signal in the office.
Isn't the current S8/+ also capable of taking advantage of that band?