T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Good luck. Hopefully it wasn't a scam. Sure seems to good to be true. Let us know how it goes. I'm super curious now. Someone posted about the email a few days ago around here. Seems to me 25 people would have responded quick if it were true. But I hope for your sake it is true. Congrats and keep us posted on how your trip goes. Stay safe.

I got the same e-mail last year but wasn't able to attend. It's not a scam.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My Guess is....we will all get charged today. Then over the weekend the shipping labels will be created. Then they will start shipping at midnight on Monday

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely not that patient. Which is why I plan on walking into the store. I want to leave with it the same day I pay for it.

I used to do the same thing, then I realized getting it a few days early is still better than walking into the store and leaving with the phone on launch day.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I used to do the same thing, then I realized getting it a few days early is still better than walking into the store and leaving with the phone on launch day.
@hasasimo:

I agree. Less hassles to pre-order. Even if one would spend, say, 45 minutes in the pre-ordering at midnight when it began, at least it's done, and all one would need to do is wait for UPS to deliver it. No waiting at a TMobile store, don't have to leave your home, comfy, efficient.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
@hasasimo:

I agree. Less hassles to pre-order. Even if one would spend, say, 45 minutes in the pre-ordering at midnight when it began, at least it's done, and all one would need to do is wait for UPS to deliver it. No waiting at a TMobile store, don't have to leave your home, comfy, efficient.

And don't have to worry about the specific model/color you want being in stock. That's happened to me before.

Only thing that would really irk me about a pre-order is if the phone arrived after launch day. Knock on wood, that's never happened yet.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys here's the rundown.
Ordered S9+ Blue
March 3rd at 3pm

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED!!!!!

As @Rodney0413 has just been charged as well (he ordered on 3/3rd, 3pm), and i also was just charged around an hour ago, I'm surmising that they will process several days' worth of pre-orders at the same time, i.e. their initial outgoing batch.

Apparently, their initial outgoing batch isn't such a small quantity as I ordered mine at 12:10AM 3/2nd.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of those who've been charged! No shipping info on order status on t-mobile's site, so I'll be keeping an eye on that. The phone rep I ordered through said he'd upgraded my shipping free of charge, not sure if that meant 1 or 2-day. Probably 2-day, so i should see it by Tuesday at the latest.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of those who've been charged! No shipping info on order status on t-mobile's site, so I'll be keeping an eye on that. The phone rep I ordered through said he'd upgraded my shipping free of charge, not sure if that meant 1 or 2-day. Probably 2-day, so i should see it by Tuesday at the latest.

iirc, last year, i noticed that the T-Mobile.com site's shipping info doesn't get updated until well after i received the phone!

there is some type of site issue with them and they just don't have timely shipped out info/tracking numbers updated to the order page. weird.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Woohooo.
177b6643f56bf9d301692d20a4ba47b7.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana