T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

pmalena

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Now have a UPS tracking # but no delivery date yet. Ordered online 3/7, w/ expected shipping 3/13-3/15. Getting closer!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
As of this morning, TMobile site caught up to UPS. Screenshots below. Preordered on 3.4 early a.m.
26cc902cb9b4180ee8230c62ae5c422b.jpg
c182301d73899b421e278c20c0eb481a.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Another good sign - just got this email Tmobile Agreement update. I think I may get it Monday. :)

Last edited:

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I ordered yesterday morning. 3/9
Card charged yesterday afternoon.
Lastnight, Tmobile and UPS reads shipped w/track#. "processed: waiting for UPS"
S9+, Coral Blue, Online order.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
So this year, apparently, TMobile is concerned about upsetting Samsung so they aren't giving the packages to UPS as early as previous years, right?

Seems like the boxes are all labeled and packed, ready to be handed over to UPS.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So this year, apparently, TMobile is concerned about upsetting Samsung so they aren't giving the packages to UPS as early as previous years, right?

Seems like the boxes are all labeled and packed, ready to be handed over to UPS.
I think they're going to be shipping early they wouldn't charge your card and then give you the tracking number and then say up ready for UPS I've been through this a few times and once it gets to this point it's usually An Origin scan and then the game is on

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
So everyone who ordered way after me has shipping updates? Mine still says order being processed

Yes, it would appear so. If it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat. I stayed up until 11:00 PM on the 28th, and spent the next three hours pre-ordering until the early hours of the morning. Many here who ordered later seem to be getting shipping info prior to me.

That said, I don't know that it'll affect your delivery date. I had nothing yesterday when everyone else had shipping labels. Mine ended up arriving in My UPS by the end of the night though. Could be that our packages are at the back of the line or something, but it appears they're still in the same batch as everyone else.

Is it lame to not see any benefit to pre-ordering as soon as possible? Yeah. But having done the S8+ and Note 8 pre-orders in 2017, I know what to expect at this point, so it's stopped bothering me.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Pre ordering is only to guarantee you get your device by the release date. If you pre-order one day earlier than someone else or several days earlier than someone else that pre-orders there's no guarantee you'll get it any sooner than them but the both of you will get them by or before the release date.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I think they're going to be shipping early they wouldn't charge your card and then give you the tracking number and then say up ready for UPS I've been through this a few times and once it gets to this point it's usually An Origin scan and then the game is on

But last year didn't UPS hold the packages and deliver the S8 like a day before release day? I have a feeling we might not see delivery dates/UPS updates until about the 14th. I could be wrong, but I'm just not getting my hopes up.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
But last year didn't UPS hold the packages and deliver the S8 like a day before release day? I have a feeling we might not see delivery dates/UPS updates until about the 14th. I could be wrong, but I'm just not getting my hopes up.
Not sure.

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site

Samsung authorized carriers to ship a week early

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Pre ordering is only to guarantee you get your device by the release date. If you pre-order one day earlier than someone else or several days earlier than someone else that pre-orders there's no guarantee you'll get it any sooner than them but the both of you will get them by or before the release date.

Good point. There also seems to be an element of randomness here, from what I'm noticing. For the Note 8 I preordered around 9 or 10 AM on the first day, and I got my phone 9 days early. If that held this time, I would have gotten my S9+ on Wednesday, but I preordered at midnight and am getting my shipping info a bit later than others.

Assuming that preordering earlier doesn't ensure a later delivery, there still seems to be no harm in preordering as soon as you can. Assuming you've already decided you want to upgrade, of course.