T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I’m so excited! We are upgrading from two S7 Edges to the S9 ( purple and blue). We literally called in the second they were available for pre-order and was the first to order S9s from that customer service rep. We decided to not upgrade our shipping in order to save a few bucks and it looks like that was the right choice as We’ve already got our shipping notice. It also looks like they upgraded our shipping for us for free.

We also ordered two of the charging pads. We pre-ordered a pink and blue SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle PRO Series phone cases. I had never heard of the brand before but my research says they’re good cases plus We got 30% off for preordering the cases. I figure for under $20 a phone case We would give them a try. Does anyone know if they’re good cases?

We’re gifting our S7 Edges to our twin 18 year old daughters along with two good phone cases. They break so easy! Both my husband and I’ve broke the front and back screens on the Edges more then I’d like to admit. They still work but man the glass breaks easy on them! I admit We wasn’t the best at keeping them in cases So have made sure to get our twins really good cases. Which btw were difficult to find for the Edges.

We are having the glass on the phones replaced and got them the highest rated cases off amazon but are considering ordering them two more cases so they have a couple to choose between. Any advice? Anyways, I thought I’d say Hi and wait with everyone for our phones to arrive!

View attachment 280418
I had supcase for my s8 and I bought 2 for my s9. The heavy duty one comes with a built in screen cover and it didn't work well with my note 8. I'm hoping they improved them for the s9. Other than that they are great cases for price.

missrae2004

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
UPS still says "Order proceesed: ready for UPS"....with no delivery date.....but also gives me the option to change the delivery date. The earliest I can change it to is Tuesday. I hope that means it is expected to arrive Monday! *Fingers Crossed*

Last edited:

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Hope this isn’t the case. If I pay for next day select I should get mine before people who only paid for 2 day. If this is the case I will be asking for a refund of the difference
But didn't most of the preorders get free next day air? That was the case when I was getting my order. So its not so much about what shipping options u picked, but it goes back to the order T-Mobile is processing the orders for shipment.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
People who ordered today have UPS info. I ordered right away at midnight and mine is still "being processed" T-mobile claims they process in the order they are received, but that's clearly not true.
@accapro:

i understand your frustration and disappointment. on the other hand, it might be that their "system" might not update at the same time equally across the entire pre-order customer base.

furthermore, i don't think their batch packing and processing of the pre-orders is as refined or divided up with such refinement - what i am saying is that everyone who pre-ordered starting at 12:01AM on March 2nd through, say, the morning of March 3rd, would be put in the same "batch" are we're all equal in the eyes of the system. all of us will get processed and our phones will ship out at the same time, i.e. late Sunday night, as they often do.

often, by Sunday night around 11pm, there'll be a lot of action with the tracking and the entire batch will leave Kentucky and will move to the various sub-hubs around the country.

so, as disappointing as it seems at this point, i am reasonably sure that it is the system that failed to update you on a timely basis as it did the rest of us. it will likely update by Sunday night when all the action takes place.

that said, there is still no excuse for your particular phone not being updated in exactly the same manner as the rest of us. why shouldn't it be updated at exactly the same time? of course it should have!

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
According to T-mobile they are processed in the order received, which clearly isn't the case. I ordered 2 minutes after pre-order started. My order is still in process. They were happy to take my money yesterday though.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am surprised at the number of people I have seen saying they break easy. I've dropped my S7 edge more than a few times and not a scratch. I only use the cheap thin cases...

You've been lucky. Drops on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, pavement with even small pebbles) will cause a screen crack/shatter. Drops on flat ground (hardwood, tile, even smooth cement) will likely survive.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
You've been lucky. Drops on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, pavement with even small pebbles) will cause a screen crack/shatter. Drops on flat ground (hardwood, tile, even smooth cement) will likely survive.

small rocks equal high stress points of contact.

jason21378

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Preorder the s9plus blue on March 7.I preorder on Tmobile app.Paid the $120 Jod fee was given free 2day air shipping.my cc was charged March 9th.Today I got tracking info looks like I got free next day air shipping.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180310-190955.jpg
    Screenshot_20180310-190955.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 73

Note4u

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine was ordered the 4th and I have the same as above. Shipped, not picked up yet, 2nd day Air. I'm figuring Wednesday delivery.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Sadly mine says 2nd Day Air. Not Next Day :(

Do you have a UPS MyChoice Account...if so then follow these steps:

Go to your MyChoice Delivery Planner

Select Change Delivery

Select Deliver My Package On Another Day

Go To New Delivery Date

Select Tuesday, 03/13/2018

Enter credit/debit card information and pay fee ($5.00)

Package should arrive on Tuesday, just like someone that paid for Next Day Air and if you do this before your package shows shipped you should be fine.

You'll want to do this prior to Sunday evening because packages should be leaving UPS and showing delivery date information on the website and app sometime early Monday morning for Next Day Air shipments.

Next Day Air:
Next Business Day after shipping (i.e. Tuesday delivery)

https://www.ups.com/us/en/shipping/services/domestic/next-day-air.page

2nd Day Air:
Second Business Day after shipping (i.e. Wednesday delivery)

https://www.ups.com/us/es/shipping/services/domestic/2nd-day-air.page

Last edited:

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site

Select Change Delivery

Go To New Delivery Date

Package should arrive on Tuesday, just like someone that paid for Next Day Air and if you do this before your package shows shipped you should be fine.

You'll want to do this prior to Sunday evening because packages should be leaving UPS and showing delivery date information on the website and app sometime early Monday morning for Next Day Air shipments.

Next Day Air:
"Next Business Day" after shipping - https://www.ups.com/us/en/shipping/services/domestic/next-day-air.page

2nd Day Air:
"Second Business Day" after shipping - https://www.ups.com/us/es/shipping/services/domestic/2nd-day-air.page

Thanks for the tip! If I ever get a UPS number I'll have to try this

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Select Change Delivery

Go To New Delivery Date

Next Day Air:

2nd Day Air:

I do have My Ups! Thanks... I'll do that.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Select Change Delivery

Go To New Delivery Date

Next Day Air:

2nd Day Air:

Awesome mate. Thanks for the tip. I just tried it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan