T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about changing my delivery date to Tuesday. What are the odds it could come tomorrow if I don't change it?

mmm, well, we're all a bunch of mere enablers.

we're all in the dark, speculating, just as you are.

On the one hand, there is little lost in attempting to change your delivery date to Tuesday. The most you'd lose is around $5, is that correct?

On the other hand, there are situations where things run better or more smoothly if we leave good enough alone. Sort of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" idea.

What if the mere act of trying to intervene causes the UPS system to have a hiccup or a glitch? In that scenario, attempting to alter the delivery date might cause a further delay.

Just thinking out loud...

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
mmm, well, we're all a bunch of mere enablers.

we're all in the dark, speculating, just as you are.

On the one hand, there is little lost in attempting to change your delivery date to Tuesday. The most you'd lose is around $5, is that correct?

On the other hand, there are situations where things run better or more smoothly if we leave good enough alone. Sort of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" idea.

What if the mere act of trying to intervene causes the UPS system to have a hiccup or a glitch? In that scenario, attempting to alter the delivery date might cause a further delay.

Just thinking out loud...
I actually did a chat with Tmobile the other day, asking about possibly changing the address to my work, but I felt I'd run a risk of delay and we don't want that lol.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Thinking about changing my delivery date to Tuesday. What are the odds it could come tomorrow if I don't change it?

I don't think a Monday delivery is out of the question. Like @amyf27 said, it's possible to get an origin scan Monday at around midnight, and have it at your door by the afternoon.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have any updates yet on theirs?Anyone that didn't have UPS tracking get UPS tracking?

Earlier this a.m. I got an email that my payment "completed" (the down payment). It was charged a few days ago and is completed/posted now.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the same email, still no change on ups though.
UPS' updates are independent from TMobile's internal accounting updates/emails, i would think.

It's annoying that they issue tracking numbers but with zero movement, not even a UPS pick up notice. This means that the packages are still in TMobile's possession and not even in the hands of UPS yet. Major bummer.

Unfortunately, there'll be nothing noteworthy until UPS takes possession of the package, hopefully tonight around midnight.

Last edited:

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have any updates yet on theirs?Anyone that didn't have UPS tracking get UPS tracking?

Earlier this a.m. I got an email that my payment "completed" (the down payment). It was charged a few days ago and is completed/posted now.

Same. I was up late last night and saw the email before falling asleep.

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Tip for everyone with a UPS account. Request your item to be held for pickup at your local UPS hub. Not a random UPS store but the main hub for your area. Pickup at 9am without having to wait on delivery or have your phone sit on at your front door.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tip for everyone with a UPS account. Request your item to be held for pickup at your local UPS hub. Not a random UPS store but the main hub for your area. Pickup at 9am without having to wait on delivery or have your phone sit on at your front door.
I've been doing that and I usually get get my stuff between 815 to 830 am.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

This great advice...

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
FINALLY got a tracking number about a half an hour ago. 2nd day... boo no upgrade. So I tried the UPS trick for $5 to change the date. UPS charged my card 10 times..... I'll have to call tomorrow to get that fixed. At least T-mobile is sending me a free Zagg.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
FINALLY got a tracking number about a half an hour ago. 2nd day... boo no upgrade. So I tried the UPS trick for $5 to change the date. UPS charged my card 10 times..... I'll have to call tomorrow to get that fixed. At least T-mobile is sending me a free Zagg.
Good Lord that's not good

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
This pre-order has been ridiculous. T-mobile is quite disorganized.
My experience has been okay except the Preorder took like 4 hours because I didn't do the chat window and that was my choice along off and on again thing. Where is your current shipping status on your order mine says ready for UPS

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
My experience has been okay except the Preorder took like 4 hours because I didn't do the chat window and that was my choice along off and on again thing. Where is your current shipping status on your order mine says ready for UPS

Ready for UPS. T-mobile finally admitted that my order wasn't processed as received, which is what I had tried to tell them all day yesterday. So they're sending the Zagg to "make it right"

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I am surprised at the number of people I have seen saying they break easy. I've dropped my S7 edge more than a few times and not a scratch. I only use the cheap thin cases...

Ours have broken 3 or 4 times EACH! Drove me crazy! It’s not cheap to replace the glass. For sure keeping our new phones in cases. Lol

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I had supcase for my s8 and I bought 2 for my s9. The heavy duty one comes with a built in screen cover and it didn't work well with my note 8. I'm hoping they improved them for the s9. Other than that they are great cases for price.
That’s the ones We ordered. They’re pretty cute lol I’ve never heard of the brand before. I normally bought Otterboxes but I’m trying something new as I bought them for the Edges and had nothing but bad luck. It seems ppl had trouble when making cases for the Edges. They just never did fit 100%. Eeek! I’m excited!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
As we're snailing our way, millimeter by millimeter, towards a UPS update of "at UPS Kentucky" scan, I want to be sure that those who receive this update earlier than others don't just shriek at home and forget to update the rest of us, please.

You must shriek at home and update us asap, please, so we may all shriek in tandem. Thank you.

Last edited:

accapro

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
As we're snailing our way, millimeter by millimeter, towards a UPS update of "at UPS Kentucky" scan, I want to be sure that those who receive this update earlier than other don't just shriek at home and forget to update the rest of us, please.

You must shriek at home and update us asap, please, so we may all shriek in tandem. Thank you.

Agreed, and thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781