T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...g5z/samsung_galaxy_s9_s9_preorder_discussion/

Go to this reddit URL and read what was just posted by a UPS employee that works at the UPS Louisville.

i know nothing about reddit, nor do i use reddit regularly, but it doesn't seem like the most transparent, nor reliable, of sites. again, i know nothing about it, so i may well be incorrect. if so, i stand being corrected and educated on what reddit is really like.

reading the last post from that UPS person, it doesn't sound the most robust of news to me personally.

may i ask others to chime in, please?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
i know nothing about reddit, nor do i use reddit regularly, but it doesn't seem like the most transparent, nor reliable, of sites. again, i know nothing about it, so i may well be incorrect. if so, i stand being corrected and educated on what reddit is really like.

reading the last post from that UPS person, it doesn't sound the most robust of news to me personally.

may i ask others to chime in, please?
I just check my ups app.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
well, bed time soon for me.

i see it this way: if by 1:30AM, which is merely 3 hours from now, we still don't see a UPS update scan, then there's no way anyone would get their phones tomorrow, Monday. That would mean TMobile is only handing over the phones tomorrow during the day, and the earliest anyone would get a phone would be Tuesday, or more likely, Wednesday.

Let's hope for the best - that UPS takes possession of the packages in the next few hours and start the process moving!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Holy crap...not good! I guess it's fortunate we're not in hurricane season right now.

And the Note line usually ships in early Sept which is right close to the peak of hurricane season! If Irma would have just went 20 miles north and stayed just off the Cuban coast and not weaken, South FL would have been hit with a strong cat 4, close to cat 5 probably. I know if Irma would have went just 25 miles west and made final landfall around Charlotte Harbor, Venice,or hugged the coast, my house probably would been under a few feet of water, especially if it was stronger than when it hit Marco Island.

Now watch the same thing will happen again this year when I pre order the Note 9 lol. Maybe that's telling me to get s9 plus lol.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
And the Note line usually ships in early Sept which is right close to the peak of hurricane season! If Irma would have just went 20 miles north and stayed just off the Cuban coast and not weaken, South FL would have been hit with a strong cat 4, close to cat 5 probably. I know if Irma would have went just 25 miles west and made final landfall around Charlotte Harbor, Venice,or hugged the coast, my house probably would been under a few feet of water, especially if it was stronger than when it hit Marco Island.

Now watch the same thing will happen again this year when I pre order the Note 9 lol. Maybe that's telling me to get s9 plus lol.
Hope not. Glad you and your family were ok down there. And hopefully this year you get your phone quicker. You were going bonkers over the Note 8 debacle I remember. The hurricane screwed up your shipping if I recall from all the posts. Hopefully this year it goes smoother. And no hurricane.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hope not. Glad you and your family were ok down there. And hopefully this year you get your phone quicker. You were going bonkers over the Note 8 debacle I remember. The hurricane screwed up your shipping if I recall from all the posts. Hopefully this year it goes smoother. And no hurricane.

tells you something when I was more worried about my Note 8 sitting in Miami than my house being there when I got back lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
tells you something when I was more worried about my Note 8 sitting in Miami than my house being there when I got back lol.

It tells me you most likely didn't pay for the house hence the no concern :p. I can definitely say I was way more worried about my house/family then any piece of tech in my house or on the way to my house.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It tells me you most likely didn't pay for the house hence the no concern :p. I can definitely say I was way more worried about my house/family then any piece of tech in my house or on the way to my house.

These phones are addictive like a drug almost!

Back to the topic I'm still wondering how I will go with the Note 9 and if I should order from Tmobile, buy from samsung.com OR buy unlocked from samsung or best buy. They just built 2 new tmobile stores near me so hopefully they have stock on release day. We used to just have one store in my county and had to drive over 30 miles to the next one so the only store never had the phones in stock.

I haven't had bad luck ordering from samsung.com luckily.

However, since wifi calling and visual voicemail work with tmobile on unlocked Samsungs I'm thinking going unlocked next time. I figure resale value would be a bit more too not being carrier branded.

You might recall my Note 7 return disaster with tmobile and over 3 months for a refund to the point I was ready to contact local news reporters and the attorney general over it. After that I decided to order the s8 plus and Note 8 from samsung instead of dealing with them again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
These phones are addictive like a drug almost!

Back to the topic I'm still wondering how I will go with the Note 9 and if I should order from Tmobile, buy from samsung.com OR buy unlocked from samsung or best buy. They just built 2 new tmobile stores near me so hopefully they have stock on release day. We used to just have one store in my county and had to drive over 30 miles to the next one so the only store never had the phones in stock.

I haven't had bad luck ordering from samsung.com luckily.

However, since wifi calling and visual voicemail work with tmobile on unlocked Samsungs I'm thinking going unlocked next time. I figure resale value would be a bit more too not being carrier branded.

You might recall my Note 7 return disaster with tmobile and over 3 months for a refund to the point I was ready to contact local news reporters and the attorney general over it. After that I decided to order the s8 plus and Note 8 from samsung instead of dealing with them again.

I would suggest making another topic to discuss this. This thread is more for people to talk about pre-ordering / shipping of their S9/S9+ versus where you should pre-order your next Note from.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest making another topic to discuss this. This thread is more for people to talk about pre-ordering / shipping of their S9/S9+ versus where you should pre-order your next Note from.
3:16am now, no scans.

This means no shipping today, which means no one will get their phones on Monday, even the Next Day Air folks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
3:16am now, no scans.

This means no shipping today, which means no one will get their phones on Monday, even the Next Day Air folks.

Stuff could just be making its rounds. TBH I have had UPS tell me it was in one state -- then the next update showed it go through 2 others. Not saying it happens all the time but I have seen it happen before.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Did the next day delivery change Sun morning. Just checked (1am) and now there's a "Held for future Delivery Requested"

Hmmm....or that what is supposed to say?20180312_011444.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I hope it's just not updated. One time about a year ago, I had a device ship - Fedex Next Day air - and it kept showing ready for Fedex. The next thing I knew - it delivered to me that afternoon. Not sure why or how but it missed the scanning entirely.

Ihaven't had that happen with UPS before, but we'll see. A little envious -there are some on Verizon's site with theirs in transit with Fedex and showing delivery today, tomorrow.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
UPS doesn't say weather delays, but they are getting some snow now. Iwonder if the phones were just delayed getting to UPS ? Will see.